3M Post It 655 5UC: Post It Assorted Ultra Color Note Pads Reviews

3M Post It 655 5UC: Post It Assorted Ultra Color Note Pads

Vibrant Color ... using these Ultra Color Post-It Notes!

Mar 19, 2009

Pros:bright eye-catching colors, five pads, 100-sheets each pad, Post-It quality

Cons:not all writing utensil markings will be readable on all the color Post-It Notes

The Bottom Line: Post-It Note quality can't be beat.

A co-worker ordered two packages of Post-It Notes in Ultra Colors - 3"x5" (item # 655-5UC).  When she realized they weren't what she anticipated receiving, she shared a package with me.  It didn't take much convincing to accept them!

Description

These Post-It Notes are the 3" x 5" size. There are five 100-sheet pads in the package, each a different color:  Fuchsia (pink), Grape (purple), Limeaid (green), Turquoise (blue), and Yellow (bright yellow).  As the name implies, each of these colors is ultra-vivid.

Our Experiences

My co-worker thought these Post-It Notes were the pop-up style for a dispenser she has on her desk.  They aren't.  Since she needed 3"x5" note pads, she elected to keep one package (even though it didn't work in her Post-it dispenser), and she gave me the other package.

I admit that I was struck with the razzle-dazzle color of these note pads.  The colors are bright and definitely attention-getting.  I like them all, though some colors are easier to write on than others.

Fuchsia - A deep bright pink.  It is easy to see writing on this color paper whether it's pencil, pen or marker.

Grape - This is a deep purple color (but not a dark purple).  I find that this color is the hardest to see writing against.  I will use other color Post-it Notes before using this one.

Limeaid - It's not neon green but is a bright lime green.  This is also an easy color to see writing on.

Turquoise - This paper is more a medium blue color than a blue-green.  The second darkest color note pad, writing can be difficult to see against the blue paper.  Don't use a blue pen on it.

Yellow - An eye-grabbing bright yellow shade.  I wish all yellow Post-it pads were this color.  Writing in pencil, pen or marker is easy to see against this paper.

These Post-It Notes are constructed from a good weight of paper, too.  It is very noticeable when I have one of these Post-It Notes and a cheaper brand of sticky note side-by-side.  The Post-It Notes are of a sturdy paper ... and they stick better.

I never have a problem with Post-notes adhering to paper.  Some of the cheaper brands lose their stickiness after awhile.  I can peel off and reposition these Post-It Notes several times before they begin to lose their adhesiveness.  Another plus is that these notes have never left a mark on any papers or plastic surfaces that I have stuck them to.

A great feature of these Ultra colors is their bright see-me appearance.  When I send something via FedEx, I know that attaching one of these notes to the contents inside the FedEx envelope will grab the recipient's attention.  Sometimes last minute notes get attached to documents, and I know people won't miss seeing these colored Post-It Notes.

Purchasing

These Post-It Notes cost $8.99 for a 5-pack (100 sheets per pad) at Staples.com.

Summary

These Post-It Notes in Ultra Colors add a dash of brightness to the day.  Most of my day is spent with documents on white paper, so having these Post-It Notes in a rainbow hue is an oasis for these eyes.

I hope you found this review useful.

Enjoy the day,
Dawn

Please read my other reviews:

Highland Sticky Notes 3"x5"

Post-It SuperSticky Notes for Breast Cancer Awareness

Post-It Note Bright Color Memo Cube

Post-It Notes 2"x3"

Post-It Pop-Up Notes -Aquatic Colors 3"x3"

Translucent Pop-Up Note Dispenser