3M Post It Pop Up Notes and 3 D Dispenser Insert Reviews

3M Post It Pop Up Notes and 3 D Dispenser Insert

Terrific Stylish and Functional Dispenser ... for my Pop-Up Post-It Notes!

Jul 8, 2009

Pros:weighted base, great design, colorful decorative inserts, easy to replace Pop-Up Post-It notes

Cons:not everyone will like the choice of design insert for the cover (make your own)

The Bottom Line: This is an excellent Post-It dispenser.  Great for personal use or as a gift!

Have you ever received a survey offering a prize if you are one of "x number" of people to first respond?  Well it happened to me ... and I won!  Post-It / 3M conducted a survey and offered this Post-It Pop-Up Note Dispenser as an enticement to answer their marketing questions.  Let me tell you why I like it so much.

Description

This dispenser has several parts:  the white base that holds the Post-It notes, the thick clear acrylic top, a two-sided decorative insert that is placed beneath the acrylic cover, and the 3" x 3" Pop-Up Post-It notes that go inside the dispenser.

The base measures 3 1/4" x 3 1/2".  The acrylic cover extends beyond the base and is 4 1/8" square.  The cover has a slight downward curve to it, and a 3 1/4" long oval slit in the top of the cover is where the Post-It notes feed through.

A decorative insert that fits beneath the clear cover comes with the dispenser.  It has two sides.  One side has a yellow background with colorful daisy-like flowers scattered across it.  The other side has a pink background with pink swirls.

My Experiences

I love this Post-It dispenser.  It has a heavy base and can easily double as a paperweight.  I don't have to worry about pulling a Post-It note from the dispenser and having the dispenser move.  This dispenser isn't going anywhere unless I intentionally relocate it.

The design of this dispenser is great, too.  I like the clean lines of the white base, and the clear acrylic is very thick.  The cover snaps onto the base via four tabs located near each of the corners.

The double-sided decorative insert is a great idea.  I prefer the yellow background image with the flowers to the pink swirls ... but I can see where the pink swirls would appeal to others.  Me, I like gardening and flowers!

If you don't like either insert design, it is easy to create your own.  Use the existing insert as a template.  If you have a favorite photo or image, trace around the existing flowered insert and create your own new insert.  Just make sure the image is on flexible paper since it has to gently bend to the curved cover.  Also, make sure the ink won't transfer to the clear acrylic cover unless you are sure you can clean it off if needed.

This dispenser came with a sample of Pop-Up Post-It notes already inserted, but it was only a few notes that I quickly used.  A replacement pad of Post-It notes, in alternating yellow and pink sheets, comes with the unit, though.  The notes are easy to insert, too.

To replace the Post-It notes, press on the tabs in the corners and lift the cover.  Also remove the decorative insert.  Insert the new pad of Pop-Up Post-It notes into the base (on top of the spring feeder).  Feed the top Post-It note through the slit in the decorative insert and cover, and snap the cover back into place.

Purchasing

Staples sells this dispenser with an extra pad of Pop-Up Post-It notes for $11.99.

Summary

This is a terrific Post-It Dispenser!  I'm so glad I won it, because I would not have thought to buy it for myself.  I keep this dispenser near my laptop computer on a table that sees a lot of activity.  This weighted dispenser stays in place, and I love the convenience of having it close at hand.

I hope you found this review useful.

Enjoy the day,
Dawn

Please read my other reviews:

Post-It Aquatic Color Pop-Up Notes - 3"x3"

Post-It Neon Colors Pop-Up Notes - 3"x5"

Post-It Translucent Pop-up Note Dispenser