3M Command Refill Strips

Jun 21, 2012

Pros:Great assortment of three sized strips.  A must if you use Command Hooks.

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: Very handy to have around since I use the Command Hooks all over our home.

A few years ago I read a glowing review on epinions that convinced me to try a product called Command Hooks, and I have been buying them ever since.

I hate to put holes in walls, and these are a great solution for me.  I have these hooks all over my home, and when we recently moved I took the hooks down and moved them with us.

The beauty of using these hooks is that they give you a ton of holding power, yet they leave no holes or marks of any kind on walls!  I easily removed the hooks by lifting the hook itself off the plastic brace that was taped to my wall via a strong sticky strip, a Command Strip

To remove the strip I pulled straight down on the end tab (the small portion that was not stuck to the wall), and as I pulled it down the strip started to slowly peel off the wall.  Of course it then had to be thrown away as it was all stretched out and it was no longer very sticky.  No worries though, because Command makes replacement strips and this particular package (MMM17200CL) contains 8 small, 4 medium and 4 large replacement adhesive strips.

The hooks can get expensive, I have paid as much as $8 for the large hooks, so it's nice to be able to reuse them when I need to move them to a different location.  The pack of 16 replacement strips sells for less than $3 and is very handy to have on hand!
They are slightly rubberized and stick firmly to a flat surface.

The three strips measure 1 3/4" by 5/8", 2 3/4" by 5/8" and 3 3/4" by 3/4".  The small strips can hold 1 pound, the medium strips can hold 3 pounds, and the large strips can hold an amazing 5 pounds.

I have these hooks on my bedroom door, bathroom door, laundry room cabinet, garage wall, and I even have one on the tile in our walk in shower.  They are awesome!  If you use the Command Hooks, you should invest in the replacement strips.