Beauty, power and a sound that is great! This is a very nice and attractive AM/FM CD Player. The buttons on the front are easy to control and operate, you can preset 18 FM stations and 6 AM stations
Recommend this product?
The Kenwood KDC-X717 has so many features and what it will do that it is to long to list all, here are some of the highlights.
The KDC-X717 is an AM/FM CD in dash player that will run four speakers, a separate subwoofer and a CD changer. (CD changer is optional) It also comes with a wireless remote so you can control it outside of your vehicle.
The Kenwood KDC-X717 has the power to crank out 22 watts of RMS power and 50 watts peak output power per speaker. It will handle up to four speakers to give you a total of 88 watts of RMS power and 200 watts peak output power, plus there is a hookup for a subwoofer.
RMS Power Output is the continuous power measured in watts. The more watts means the louder you can play your music and the clearer it will sound. A factory AM/FM CD player usually has less than 15 watts of RMS power. RMS power output is the true watts.
Peak Power Output is the sudden, short and load musical bursts that accrues in music. Peak power output is not the true watts, it is just bursts of high watts.
Preamp output gives you the quick and easy connection of an RCA jack to plug in.
The KDC-X717 has three sets, which consist of 6 RCA connections for four speakers and you can add two subwoofers if you wish.
This beauty is loaded with security features.
1. You can program in a security code so if it was to be stolen they could not get it to work. The security code only has to be put in each time when the player is disconnected from the battery.
2. It has a Camouflage Face that can rotate the pace plate around to make it a blank panel, you can have it so it will rotate automatically every time the power is turned off.
3. It has a Detachable Face so you can take it with you if you wish making the unit unusable.
The KDC-X717 comes with a wireless remote, gray and black in color. It is 5.7 inches long and less than 2 inches wide.
All buttons are black except one, the SCR button that is used to find different sources like the CD, AM/FM Tuner and so on. At the very top are two buttons together with a + and – signs for raising and lowering your volume.
Then there are several other buttons plus the numbers 0-9 that also represent the alphabet like on a telephone so you can make entry selections. There is a button if you add a compatible CD changer.
Now you can control your car stereo at your finger tip without getting in the car.
This display is an eye catcher with its colors of blue, light blue, green and red. It is a Color LCD with fluorescent backlight
The display shows your time, date, CD text, CD track, CD time and Tuner frequency, plus a spectrum analyzer in dashing colors.
Three types of displays to choose from:
1. Full Screen Display, here you can select from three different analyzer patterns.
2. Vertical Division Display shows the source information at the top with various icons and the CD text is displayed at the bottom.
3. Source Information Display is when the spectrum analyzer is off, the source is shown in the top part and the clock in the lower part of the display.
It will read CD Text and playback CDR and CDRW Discs.
You can name the CDs up to 12 characters long, into memory for up to 30 CDs.
When you turn it off it will remember where it stopped on the CD and resume from there.
You can add a weather tuner as an option.
FM sensitivity is 9.3 dBf
The CD frequency response is 10-20,000 Hz
The CD signal-to-noise ratio is 105 dB
Installation was free with this purchase, it took them about 1-½ hours to install it.
It doesn’t take long to get use to the controls but it has a lot of features and will take some time to learn them all. I enjoy just watching the display in its beauty.
The sound it has is incredible with a nice clean and crisp sound, even at ¾ volume it is not distorted one bit, just very loud.
The Kenwood KDC-X717 comes with a 2-year warranty.
Amount Paid (US$): 389