Cambridge Soundworks M80 Main / Stereo Speakers Reviews

Cambridge Soundworks M80 Main / Stereo Speakers

Best overall speakers for the money

Jun 7, 2003

• Flatness:
  • Imaging:
  • Overall Sound:

Pros:Very good clarity, nice bass, good definition, very clean sound

Cons:None so far, except a little large for bookshelf speakers

The Bottom Line: A set of great speakers with excellent sound that also look great, match your room, and are not too hard on the wallet. I highly recommend these.

The Cambridge Soundworks M80s have great sound and are a nice addition to any room. They also look great and are Cambridge's best bookshelf speakers. Although, they are a little larger than most bookshelf speakers at 18" H x 10" W x 10 " D. I didn't realize how heavy they are before I ordered them (Over 25 28 pounds per speaker) Complete specifications are available at hifi.com. As a note, it is hard to find speaker stands for these speakers if you plan on using them as the surround speakers.

I ordered the mahogany which nicely matches my furniture. The customer service was great, when one of the four speakers I ordered didn't have a matching finish (a little too brown) they replaced it no questions asked.

One nice feature is that this speaker can be bi-wired and the posts are of high quality. I am currently running these as my four surround speakers to my system, so I rarely even use them close to their full potential, but when I do they still sound incredible.

The M80 has two ports out the rear, and I should have them closer to a wall for better sound, but the sound is still incredible. The speakers are magnetically shielded for use in home theater applications, but with my Onkyo S800 at near full volume, my TV can get a little distortion, but I do have a very cheap TV.

I listened to classical, jazz, techno and movies on the M80s, and have only praise. The sound is very detailed, clean and crisp. I found listening to be a new experience finding little things in my cds that I have never heard before.

All Cambridge Soundworks still have a 45-day complete satisfaction guarantee, so you can take them home, give them a listen, and return them for a full refund if you're not satisfied. They do stick behind this.

Amount Paid (US$): 300/pair

Cambridge Audio S70 (Noir)  floorstanding speaker (Price Break - Save $50.00 was $249.99)

Cambridge Audio S70 (Noir) floorstanding speaker (Price Break - Save $50.00 was $249.99)

floorstanding speaker frequency response 39-20,000 Hz,1 tweeter and dual 5 woofers,dual binding posts can be bi-amped or bi-wired

Pinnacle K6 Main / Stereo Speakers

Pinnacle K6 Main / Stereo Speakers

Pinnacle K6 speakers - SOLD ON OTHER SITES FOR $199.00 Shipping includes, shiping, signature confirmation and insurance K6 Pinnacle 2-Way 120-Watt In-...

Brand Infinity Cs60 Main / Stereo Speakers - Bnib

Brand Infinity Cs60 Main / Stereo Speakers - Bnib

Enjoy clear and crisp music with the Infinity CS60 speaker that boasts a frequency response of 45 Hz to 20 kHz. This Infinity in-wall speaker comes wi...
Cambridge Audio Minx X300-WH  Powered Subwoofer White

Cambridge Audio Minx X300-WH Powered Subwoofer White

Powered Subwoofer White 8 front-firing woofer and 8 passive radiator,built-in 300-watt amplifier (continuous power),frequency response 33-200 Hz

White Bose 251 Main / Stereo Speakers

White Bose 251 Main / Stereo Speakers

Enjoy your favorite music outdoors with this set of the Bose 251 Main stereo speakers. These Bose speakers are designed to withstand all kinds of weat...
Cambridge Audio MinxX300  Powered Subwoofer Black

Cambridge Audio MinxX300 Powered Subwoofer Black

Powered Subwoofer Black 8 front-firing woofer and 8 passive radiator,built-in 300-watt amplifier (continuous power),frequency response 33-200 Hz

Polk Atrium 4 Main / Stereo Speakers All Weather Indoor/outdoor Brand Pair

The Polk Audio Atrium4 is an all-weather outdoor loudspeaker that delivers remarkable stereo sound. This Polk Audio speaker features a 0.75-inch anodi...

Kef C7 Main / Stereo Speaker (single Speaker)

Kef C7 Main / Stereo Speaker (single Speaker)

Unit is new in original box. Last one left!Posted with eBay Mobile
Martin Logan Motion 4 Main Stereo Speakers Free Ship Usa- Pair-we Ship Worldwide

The MartinLogan Motion 4 speakers complement your home theater and stereo system in looks and performance. Stylish and elegant, with a black piano fin...