-63%
Kenwood KFC-415 2-Way 4" x 10" Car Speakers System Reviews

Kenwood KFC-415 2-Way 4" x 10" Car Speakers System

Free Shipping Abt Electronics

These were the only ones that fit.

Apr 24, 2001

• Sound Quality:

Pros:Price, rare size 4x10 that fits in my car, decent sound

Cons:none I can think of

The Bottom Line: If you need 4x10 speakers, there aren't many other options so these should do the job.

My dad and I were upgrading the stereo in our old 1983 Pontiac Grand Prix. All it had in it was a broken tape deck and blown speakers and since we're both really into music we wanted to be able to listen to music when driving around, since we share the car.

We didn't have much trouble making our own home made mount for our CD deck in the dash, but we found out our car has a really small rear deck that has factory 4x10 openings for the speakers. This was a problem because I could only find 2 pairs of speakers that were this size. One was a pair of cheap looking Pioneers in the Crutchfield catalog that I didn't really care for. Also I found out that in Canada I couldn't order speakers from Crutchfield because I don't have a credit card.

When I checked out our local Future Shop car stereo section the only 4x10 speakers I found were these Kenwood's. I have mixed feelings about Kenwood. I went through 4 Kenwood portable cd players in 2 years on this same Future Shop's extended warranty program. (Gotta love extended warranties) I also have a 25 year old Kenwood amp in my room that works great.

Anyways these were the only speakers I could find that fit, and it would be a real pain to try and change the size of the openings and put different sized speakers in. They were only $127.99 Canadian and looked alright. It's hard to test car speakers in a store but they sounded decent from what I could tell. I decided to go for it.

Installation wasn't too bad. We had to drill the holes because GM's original speakers obviously used some kind of clips instead of screws, but we got this done and installed the speakers. For the first few weeks I had them I couldn't test them until we installed our new cd player. The old tapedeck didn't have enough power to play loud without clipping and it sounded bad.

Finally we got the cd player installed and tested our new low price car stereo out. It didn't sound too bad to us. Way better than any factory stereo with 6 speakers, even though we only had 2 speakers. They have pretty decent bass and nice highs. All around decent sound for the price. I've been using them for almost a year now and play them pretty loud sometimes and they haven't blown up yet (knock on wood) or anything so I'm pretty happy with them.

The Kenwood KFC-415 Coaxial Car Speaker size is: 4 x 10.Kenwood has always known that the world of entertainment never ceases to change. Which is why ...
2 Way/ 160 Watts Max Power/ Sold As Pair
Abt Electronics
SquareTrade © AP6.0 Template By Froo! Kenwood KFC-415C 4x10 2-Way Car Speakers 4x10 320W KENWOOD KFC-415C 4x10 2-Way Coaxial Car Speakers Brand New, N...
Our Store Contact Us About Us sale terms F A Q Shipping WE ARE OPEN :24x7 WHY SHOP WITH US? Free USA Shipping No minimum order International Shipping ...