ANDIS PM-1 15 Piece Clipper Set #23585 Reviews

ANDIS PM-1 15 Piece Clipper Set #23585

ANDIS 15 Piece PM-1 Pet Clipper Set, Just What the Barber Ordered!

Aug 2, 2004

Pros:powerful, adjustable blades, scissors and trimming video included

Cons:feels heavy over time, warm to the touch, no case

The Bottom Line: This is not a bad pet clipper kit for the low price. It is packed with power and lots of neat extras. Definitely worth a recommended buy.

Thanks to the wonderful family of Andis clipper products, Ozzy is once again presentable for public viewing. The ANDIS PM-1 15 Piece Pet Clipper Set is a groomer's best friend.

When my border collie pup, Ozzy, was adopted we noticed that his long black and white fur tended to become matted and too curly. He was in desperate need of grooming, shampooing and a hair cut. The old Wahl clippers that worked great for my other dog, Clyde, were not powerful enough to make the cut. Thus began my search for a new high powered pet clipper set with adjustable blades for different cutting lengths that could easily cut through Ozzy's tangled mass of curls.

~ANDIS 15 Piece Pet Clipper Set~
I ordered this complete set for under sixty dollars, plus shipping and handling, from an online pet supplies retailer. The deluxe packaged set includes:

~ super deluxe pivot-motor clipper
~ eight blade attachment combs
~ pet trimming video
~ brush for cleaning blade
~ blade oil
~ grooming comb
~ stainless steel shears
~ complete easy to follow instructions/diagrams

~ Initial Thoughts and Concerns~
After checking out various clippers and pet trimmer sets that included a few extras, for my money, this fifteen piece set seemed like a great deal.

Initially, however, as I opened the clear heavy plastic packaging that conveniently held the set, I had some doubts about my purchase and my ability to use the clipper in a professional manner. The clipper felt a little heavy and awkward in my hand and I feared that I would not be able to control it once it hummed to life.

But, thankfully, the easy to read and follow instruction pamphlet that came with the set, as well as the VHS Trimming Training video, proved that almost any pet lover can learn to master the art of hair cutting, safely and easily.

~ First Use and Experience ~
~ Clipper.... is sleek, easy to grasp and definitely fully powered. My aging Wahl clipper is like a Volkswagon car running on gas fumes compared to the Andis clipper, which is like a speeding Corvette! It actually is loaded with more juice than I was in the market for. It feels heavier, too, and a bit awkward at first, but it handles well once the clipping technique is mastered.

There is nothing cheap about this clipper. It is well made with quality materials that should last through years of usage. Visually, it is rather attractive in shiny metallic silver with black lettering of the company name on it. The electrical cord is heavy duty and measures about six feet long, offering the user flexibility of movement from the electrical outlet. According to the specifications, a 120 volt outlet is sufficient to run the pivot-motor clipper, which is pre-lubricated in the factory.

Using the clipper is actually fun and easy. At the top is a specially angled on off switch which glides quickly and smoothly with the push of the thumb. On the left side of the Andis Clipper is a lever which glides the blade into several positions for variable cutting.

~ Trimming Training Video...... is a special bonus for pet owners like me who are less than professionally trained at hair clipping. I found the information included in the video to be easy to comprehend with step by step demonstrations and helpful tips. An excellent inclusion in the ANDIS 15 Piece Pet Clipper Set and one reason that I decided on this purchase.

~ Clipper Combs....are included with eight degrees of cut length ranging from 1/16", 1/8", 1/4", 3/8", 1/2", 3/4", 1" and a blending comb. I found that popping the sturdy little combs on and off of the adjustable clipper blade was simple and efficient. In fact, the entire use of this clipper was surprising simple enough that even the most fearful user will quickly be put at ease.

~ Accessories..... include a pair of five inch stainless steel shears, a quarter fluid ounce tube of oil for lubricating the clipper blade before, during and after every use, a plastic blade guard to cover the blade when not in use, an eight inch plastic comb for parting and combing the hair and a tiny brush for removing hair from the blade.

I opted to use my own pet comb, which is a bit longer with wider teeth because of my dog's long, tangled hair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Contact Info:
Andis Company Customer Satisfaction Dept.
PO Box 085005, Racine, WI 53408-5005
www.andis.com
telephone: 1.800.558.9441
email: info@andisco.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ Limited Warranty.... against manufacturer's defects, poor craftsmanship or materials for a full twelve months from the date of purchase.

~ Cleaning and Maintenance ~
As with any worthwhile purchase, this one comes with a few specific instructions on keeping the clipper and its blades in tip-top form.

It is suggested to add lubricating oil to the front and sides of the blades to avoid streaks and slowing down of the cutting mechanism. Also, hold the clipper in a downward position so as to avoid getting the oil into the motor.

I simply wiped away any excess oil with a soft paper towel. The finish on the clipper is unharmed and scratch free. I would not recommend using any abrasive cleaners or polishes on the blades or the clipper body.

To remove loose hair from the blades, Andis recommends soaking only the blade portion in a shallow pan of lubricating oil while the clipper is running, then turning it off and wiping the blades dry with a dry cloth.

~ The Pet's Reactions ~
It is important to note that although my pup, Ozzy, greatly enjoys being brushed and combed, he seemed terrified of the clipper. The hum and vibrations startled him and he was nervous from the get-go.

I tried playing with him, allowing him to feel the vibrations as suggested in the instruction pamphlet, but this pooch wanted nothing to do with me nor my Andis Clipper. After waiting thirty minutes or so, I tried to cut his hair again, with better results. I found that having my granddaughter in the room with me helped to keep Ozzy calmer and more cooperative. He looks amazing, by the way!

~ What I Did Not Like ~
After a thirty-five minute hair clipping experience, my right hand was fried. I had tingling in the fingertips as well as a warm sensation throughout my hand. Perhaps, this is part and parcel of being an aging pet owner with CTS in my right hand or more frequent breaks may be necessary to ward off the fatigue caused by the constant vibrations.

I believe that the inclusion of a small case to store the ANDIS 15 Piece Pet Clipper Set should have been included in the package. After all, the set gives away a great pair of stainless steel shears and a wonderful training video. Why not a storage case for the Andis Clipper and its accessories? The eight clipper combs definitely need a place for storage, as well.

~ Final Thoughts and Recommendations ~
Out of a possible five stars, the ANDIS 15 Piece Pet Clipper Set, 23585 receives four stars and my high recommendation for purchase.

I love this clipper and so does my German Shepherd, Clyde. Ozzy still has some growing up to do, but I remain confident that he will learn to love his time in the barber's chair sooner, rather than later.

This is a worthy pet clipper set, indeed. Perfect for the professional and ideal for the amateur.

Andis Professional 9 Piece Comb Set Clipper Attachment Guides Guards Barber

Andis Professional 9 Piece Comb Set Clipper Attachment Guides Guards Barber

Andis Professional 9 Piece Comb Set Clipper Attachment Guides Guards Barber New Description Works Best With Blade Sizes 000 And 1 Attachments Snap On ...

Andis 23-Piece Clipper and Trimmer Combo Pack (20140)

Andis 23-Piece Clipper and Trimmer Combo Pack (20140)

Andis Clip Trim Combo Pack is a 23 piece kit, that includes a cordless battery operated trimmer, and an adjustable magnetic motor clipper, each with s...
Andis Fade Hair Clipper 66245

Andis Fade Hair Clipper 66245

ANDIS REFERENCE CHART Detachable Blade Hair Clippers Andis Detachable Blade Hair Clippers & More Adjustable Blade Hair Clippers Andis Adjustable Blade...
Fasham Beauty
Andis 18365 Ultra Easy Cut 8-piece Clipper Kit

Andis 18365 Ultra Easy Cut 8-piece Clipper Kit

Andis 18365 Ultra Easy Cut 8-piece hair clipper kit. Powerful magnetic motor clipper goes from fine to coarse cut at the touch of a lever. Adjustable,...
Goodmans
Andis 29115 Pm-3r/pls Hair Clipper/trimmer Combo

Andis 29115 Pm-3r/pls Hair Clipper/trimmer Combo

Template By Froo!Andis PM-3R/PLS Hair Clipper/Trimmer Combo Andis PM-3R/PLS Hair Clipper/Trimmer Combo (29115)(New-Retail) Description:Features: Style...

Clipper Guide Comb Set 10 Pieces Fits Oster Andis Wahl Etc Hair Cut Styling

Clipper Guide Comb Set 10 Pieces Fits Oster Andis Wahl Etc Hair Cut Styling

Clipper Guide Comb Set, 10 Pieces, Fits Oster, Andis, Wahl, Etc Item description:Ten piece clipper guide comb set, fits Oster, Andis Wahl. Contains al...

Andis Black Master Clipper 01795

Andis Black Master Clipper 01795

Fasham Beauty
Andis Clipper Part Hinge Assembly Only * Fits Andis Clipper Model: Bgc

Andis Clipper Part Hinge Assembly Only * Fits Andis Clipper Model: Bgc

* ANDIS CLIPPER PART: HINGE ASSEMBLY* Fits Andis Clipper Model: BGC for Andis Detachable Blades and Oster 10 & 111 Blades* Andis Part # S27091* Hinge ...
Andis 23-piece Clipper And Trimmer Combo Pack (20140)

Andis 23-piece Clipper And Trimmer Combo Pack (20140)

Andis 23-Piece Clipper and Trimmer Combo Pack (20140)Item Condition Brand new, factory sealed Product Information Module Number:20140 Shipping Package...

Andis 23 Piece Clipper And Trimmer Combo Pack Sealed Free Shipping

Andis 23 Piece Clipper And Trimmer Combo Pack Sealed Free Shipping

Andis 23-Piece Clipper and Trimmer Combo Pack 20140 Item Condition Brand new, factory sealed Product Features BTB Cordless battery operated trimmer pe...