AT&T U-verse

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Be careful of technical support !

Jan 29, 2011

• Sound:
  • Picture Quality:
  • Basic Channel Selection:
  • Customer Service:

Pros:I think At@t U-Verse is a great product. I am now spoiled.

Cons:This service is overpriced. Also, it is not the best technical support.

The Bottom Line: I would recommend U-Verse. Get all the fact first. It tends
to cost more than you planned on. Pay attention to your first
bill.

I have had mailto:AT@T U-Verse since Sept 2010. I just love it. It is a little
pricey for me since I am a widow and retired on a fixed income. Our TV reception was poor and now with my HD TV it is just about perfect. I also have the u-verse internet which is wonderful compared to what I have had in the past-dial up, cable and DSL. This is great and very dependable. I needed service only once around Christmas weekend and repair showed up within twenty minutes. It was a wiring problem here and they did not charge me for the call. They were very accommodating and the technician gave me a new surge protector to route the wires around to another room.

My main complaint is the technical support you get over the phone. I had to call for internet support a few days ago. The young guy had me change security and privacy settings that had nothing to do with the original problem. He erased all the cookies and the setting erased all my password history. I must have at least twelve passwords for different sites saves by Microsoft. I called back within two hours but the new tech could not fix it or tell me how and could not get the same man back or just wouldn't. I am not real computer savvy but I managed to go in and change things back. I will be very careful when I let anyone touch my settings. That is my advice to anyone who reads this. I trust HP support and Norton but not any other site.  I had one technical support representative try something like this with a privacy setting and I went back and changed that also. By coincidence these two incidents were within a few days.
This young man from mailto:AT@T was mean to do this after I told him I had several passwords and I am not the best typist and also I am far-sighted that makes typing a little more difficult or dealing with some of these settings. In my opinion he should be fired. If I knew how to get through to a supervisor I would tell them what happened. They should always follow up with a customer survey, which they sometimes do.

I just wanted to say "BEWARE".

At&t U-verse Standard Black Remote Control W/ Instructions S10-s4

At&t U-verse Standard Black Remote Control W/ Instructions S10-s4

AT T U-verse Standard Black Remote Control With Instruction Book Model: S10-S4 BRAND NEW! - FREE SHIPPING!Free shipping to lower 48 states only. Addit...
At&t U-verse Tv Motorola Vip1225 Brand

At&t U-verse Tv Motorola Vip1225 Brand

adorea88 store Up for sale is for (one) AT T U-Verse TV Motorola VIP1225. Condition: Brand New with Box, comes with power cord and manual; Please Refe...

Lot Of (2) At&t U-verse Standard Remote Control Black S10-s4

Lot Of (2) At&t U-verse Standard Remote Control Black S10-s4

Lot of (2) New AT T U-verse Standard Remote Control BLACK Black AT T U-verse Remote....Brand New AA Batteries included Remote Control S10-S4 News Plea...

2 At&t U-verse Remote Controls Black Standard Ir For Digital Tv Att Receiver

2 At&t U-verse Remote Controls Black Standard Ir For Digital Tv Att Receiver

This eBay listing is for (2) At t U-verse Remotes that are c ompatible with Motorola VIP1200 HD Digital Cable Boxes.

2 At&t U-verse Black Remote Controls Standard Ir For Digital Hd Tv Att Receiver

2 At&t U-verse Black Remote Controls Standard Ir For Digital Hd Tv Att Receiver

(2)At t U-Verse Remote Control Compatible Motorola VIP1200 HD Digital Cable Box.WHAT'S INCLUDED:****TWO At t REMOTES ONLY****

At&t U-verse Replacement Black Universal Ir Remote Control For Digital Tv Uverse

At t U-Verse Remote Control. Compatible with Motorola VIP1200 HD and Other Digital Cable Box. Shipping within the U.S.

At&t U-verse Motorola Nvg510 Wireless Modem Replacement Ac Adapter Wa-18g12u

At&t U-verse Motorola Nvg510 Wireless Modem Replacement Ac Adapter Wa-18g12u

***This AC Adapter is compatible AT T U-verse Motorola NVG510! Buy with confidence, because this is a genuine AC Adapter used by Seagate and Western D...

At&t Replacement U-verse Black Universal Ir Remote Control For Digital Tv Uverse

At t U-Verse Remote Control. Compatible with Motorola VIP1200 HD Digital Cable Box.

At&t Replacement U-verse Ir Black Universal Remote Control For Digital Tv Uverse

At t U-Verse Remote Control Compatible Motorola VIP1200 HD Digital Cable Box.

2wire Gateway Stand Only For 3800hgv-b And 3600hgv-b Modem For At&t Att U-verse

2wire Gateway Stand Only For 3800hgv-b And 3600hgv-b Modem For At&t Att U-verse

This is a 2Wire Gateway STAND Also helps keep you Gateway cool by not stacking stuff on it. Stays steady with non-skid feet. Designed for the 2Wire mo...

Ads by Google