Absorbine Liniment Gel Reviews

Absorbine Liniment Gel

A Good Liniment... But Not The Best

Mar 2, 2008 (Updated Mar 2, 2008)

Pros:Convenient gel formula, smells great, very easy to use, can be used on humans too!

Cons:Not extremely effective, smaller bottle than other liniments

The Bottom Line: Absorbine Veterinary Liniment Gel is very convenient and very easy to use, but not extremely effective. Still, I would recommend it for those busy times when convenience is key!

Any horse owner knows that keeping a good, effective liniment in the barn is a necessity. Although Absorbine Veterinary Liniment Gel is a good liniment, I wouldn't call it the best. It is, however, in the top few, and therefore worth mentioning!

WHAT DOES ABSORBINE CLAIM ABOUT ABSORBINE VETERINARY LINIMENT GEL?

-Effective muscle, joint and arthritis pain reliever

-Convenient gel form - easy application to hard-to-reach areas

-Helps fatigued muscles recover twice as fast

-Contains natural botanical extracts and has a refreshing spearmint scent

WHAT IS ABSORBINE VETERINARY LINIMENT GEL REALLY LIKE?
All things considered, Absorbine Veterinary Liniment Gel is a good product. It's not extremely effective. It's hard to say since I can't ask my horses how it makes them feel! I would say that it relieves some of the pain of muscle, joint, and arthritis issues, but certainly doesn't eliminate it. My favorite veterinary liniment is Thermaflex, but occasionally, I do use Absorbine if I'm in a rush, since it's easier to apply. With Thermaflex, latex gloves must be worn since the product will make your hands sting. Also, it's messier since it's a liquid. Absorbine doesn't require gloves and is in a convenient gel form. It's got a great spearmint scent; many veterinary liniments smell like very strong alcohol and will make you gag! It's so gentle it can even be used on humans! Many people use it on their own arthritic joints or after workouts. As an added bonus, I like the fact that it contains natural ingredients and isn't all alcohol and chemicals. It's not too hard on my horses either. The skin has never blistered or burned.

PRICE, SIZE, and APPEARANCE:
At Country Supply (www.horse.com), a 12-oz bottle of Absorbine Veterinary Liniment Gel can be purchased for just $6.95, making it one of the more inexpensive liniments. It can also be purchased at just about any feed or tack store or website. (The more potent, but messier liquid can be purchased in a 32-oz bottle for $6.99.) Absorbine Veterinary Liniment Gel comes in a rectangular-shaped, white bottle with a orange-yellow label with a horse on it and an illustration of the gel. The product itself is green and has the consistency of a runny gel. As far as I have seen, the 12-oz bottle is the only size available.

WOULD I BUY IT? Yes. It's not the best liniment out there, but it is by far the most convenient! When I'm on the run, or busy as a horse race or show, I need something that is easy to use and convenient.

RECOMMEND IT? I would recommend Absorbine Veterinary Liniment Gel for use on both horses and their owners on their achy muscles and joints! For a more potent liniment, try Thermaflex Liquid, which can be purchased at most feed and tack stores, but is not as readily available as Absorbine Gel. It's more expensive and messier, but is more effective. For something more convenient and cheaper, Absorbine Veterinary Liniment Gel is your best bet!

Absorbine Liniment Gel Topical Analgesic - 12oz.

Absorbine Liniment Gel Topical Analgesic - 12oz.

Sore muscle and joint pain relief. Stimulates Circulation to speed healing.Relieves pain and stiffness Non-greasy spearmint herbal gel 12 oz.CONTACT S...

Absorbine Plus Jr Liniment Extra Strength Muscle Pain Relieving Liquid 4 Fl Oz

Absorbine Plus Jr Liniment Extra Strength Muscle Pain Relieving Liquid 4 Fl Oz

Misc: Fast absorbing for rapid relief. Relieves: sore muscles; arthritis pain. www.dsehealth.com. Easy to use applicator. Our Extra Strength Formula i...