Click to see larger image
Acer G215H 21.5" Widescreen LCD Monitor with built-in speakers
(1 Epinions review)
Great 1920x1080 monitor with DVI
Sep 10, 2010 (Updated Sep 12, 2010)
Review by Gaurav Aggarwal
Rated a Helpful Review
User Rating: Excellent
Ease of Use:
Pros:Great non-glossy 1920x1080 monitor with VGA and DVI inputs.
Cons:No speakers and vertical adjustments
The Bottom Line: I would recommend this 1920x1080 monitor. Works great. I didn't have to read any manual or adjust any settings on the monitor.
I have had this monitor for about 10 weeks now. It works great with my Dell desktop which runs Windows 7. I used it briefly with my Dell Latitude laptop in dual monitor mode as well. I don't play games so can't talk about performance in gaming mode but general use and watching videos is fabulous. A very good deal for a 1080p resolution that worked straight out of the box and didn't require any tuning or menu adjustments.
Recommend this product?
Positives about the monitor:
1. The best part if 1920x1080 screen resolution. Most monitors have smaller resolution: 1280x800 earlier, and 1600x900 these days. Those are fine but 1920x1080 really helps in seeing lot more things at the same time, especially the vertical resolution means less scrolling while browsing web pages. Also, the font looks nicely rendered because of lot more pixels.
2. Very bright and clear/crisp. Helps in watching pictures, like a slide show or if watching a video.
3. No humming sound, nothing. Absolutely quiet. Acer is mid-range (compared to Dell in the higher-end and Hans, Sceptre in the lower-end). Some of the others have strange sounds which this one doesn't.
4. The monitor came with VGA and DVI cables. They can be expensive if bought separately. VGA gives you analog capabilities while DVI is digital - though for short cable lengths they are largely the same. The advantage of having both is that if you wanted to use dual monitors for a desktop, then you can connect one monitor using VGA port of the PC and another monitor using the DVI port of the PC.
5. Non-glossy display which I prefer to the glossy types. This one is nicely visible from all angles.
6. The bezel is also non-glossy that is so easy on the eyes.
7. The monitor or the bezel does not catch fingerprints.
Some of the negatives:
1. The monitor does not have speakers which of course is listed in the technical specs so is not a problem.
2. No HDMI (which isn't required if you don't have speakers since HDMI = DVI Audio).
3. The monitor does not have vertical adjustments, i.e., can't raise or lower the levels. Can only tilt it front or back.
This is supposed to be an Energy Star compliant model. But it is not listed on the http://www.energystar.gov website. If a monitor model is listed on this website then you can typically get a $20 rebate from your local electricity utility company.
Read all comments (1)
Amount Paid (US$): 140
Operating System: Windows
Share this product review with your friends
Buy at Newegg.com Acer S220HQLAbd Black 21.5 5ms LED Backlight Widescreen LCD Monitor 250 cd/m2 ACM 100,000,0001 (10001)
Acer S Series monitors are very slim yet spacious displays that are great for multitasking and web browsing. High-def visuals leap to life thanks to F...
D-Sub 1 DVI 1 Stand Adjustments Tilt -5 Degrees 15 Degrees Built-in TV Tuner No Built-in Speakers No HDCP Support Yes Recommended Resolution 1920 x 10...
D-Sub 1 DVI 1 Stand Adjustments Tilt -5 Degrees - 15 Degrees Built-in TV Tuner No Built-in Speakers No HDCP Support Yes Recommended Resolution 1920 x ...
D-Sub 1 DVI 1 Stand Adjustments Tilt -5 15 Built-in Speakers 2W x 2 HDCP Support Yes Recommended Resolution 1920 x 1080 Pixel Pitch 0.276mm Display Co...
This Acer 27 LED Monitor (G276HL Gbd Black) is designed to allow you to play your favorite games or engage in work tasks more easily. It offers the vi...
16:9 Aspect Ratio 100000000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio 1920 x 1080 Native Resolution 170/160 Degrees H/V Viewiing Angle 250 cd/m2 Brightness (1) DV...
Bring your movies, games and graphics to life with this high-definition LCD monitor that features a 50,000,000:1 contrast ratio and up to 250 cd/m bri...
Stylish ultra-thin functionality for a display that speaks volumes 27in. diagonal monitor with antiglare perfect for a variety of computing tasks. LCD...