Actifed Cold and Sinus Caplets 20 Caplets

Actifed ~ Is it for You?

Mar 12, 2001

Pros:It does reduce runny nose and congestion.

Cons: It made me feel nervous and dizzy.

The Bottom Line: I would not recommend this product simply because it made me feel worse. It may work for others it just didn't work for me.

Actifed Cold & Sinus is an over the counter medicine that is a Antihistamine/ Nasal Decongestant/ Pain Reliever and Fever Reducer. But what I have experienced is that it made me feel worse. I am a light-weight when it comes to medicines. I took Actifed and it made me feel nervous and dizzy. This medicine may work for others, it just wasn't for me.

What Actifed Cold & Sinus is suppose to do:

* Actifed Cold & Sinus temporarily relieves nasal congestion due to the common cold or associated with sinusitis.
* Helps decongest sinus openings and passages; temporarily relieve sinus congestion and pressure.
* For the temporary relief of minor aches, pains, headache, and fever associated with a cold.
* Temporary relief of runny nose and sneezing, itching of the throat, and itchy, watery eyes due to hay fever.

Active Ingredients:

Active Ingredients in Actifed Cold & Sinus are:
Acetaminophen 500 mg.
Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride 30 mg.
Chlorpheniramine Maleate 2 mg.
It contains 3 maximum Strength Ingredients.
But it is Asprin-Free.

Recommended Dosage:

Adults and children 12 years of age and older 2 caplets. Dosage may be repeated every 6 hours if symptoms persist. Don not exceed 8 caplets in 24 hours. As always consult with your doctor for variance.

WARNINGS:

DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSAGE. If nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur, discontinue use and consult your doctor. Do not take for more than 10 days. If symptoms do not improve or are accompanied by a fever that lasts more than 3 days. Or if new symptoms occur, consult a doctor.

Do not take this product if you have heart disease, high blood pressure, or thyroid disease. Or if you have Diabetes, a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis, or if you have glaucoma or difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland.

May cause excitability especially in children. May cause drowsiness. Do not take with alcohol, sedatives or tranquilizers. Do not take if you are using sedatives. Consult with your doctor first.

Use caution when driving or operating machinery. As with any drug if you are pregnant or nursing seek advice from a health professional.

KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN!:

KEEP THIS AND ALL DRUGS OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN! In case of accidental overdose, seek a professional for assistance or contact Poison Control Center immediately. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as children, even if you don't notice any signs or symptoms.

My Final Recommendation about Actifed Cold & Sinus:

I would not recommend this medicine to anyone simply because of how if affected me. It made me feel nervous and dizzy. But it may affect others differently than it affected me. So I am not going to say not to use it , I would just not recommend it. It is a personal preference I guess.

Mucinex Fast-max Cold & Sinus Caplets, 20 Count

Mucinex Fast-max Cold & Sinus Caplets, 20 Count

Mucinex Fast-Max Cold Sinus Caplets combine the mucus-busting power of Mucinex and other maximum strength medicines to relieve your worst cold symptom...

Equate Maximum Strength Multi-symptom Cold & Sinus Relief Caplets, 30 Count

Equate Maximum Strength Multi-symptom Cold & Sinus Relief Caplets, 30 Count

Equate Maximum Strength Multi-Symptom Cold Sinus Relief Caplets:Temporarily relieves these common cold and flu symptoms: nasal congestion, fever, head...

Tylenol Sinus Congest Pain Severe 24 Caplets

Tylenol Sinus Congest Pain Severe 24 Caplets

Get back to the things you love with sinus medication that delivers fast relief for sinus headaches and sinus pain. temporarily relieves these symptom...
Dollar General

Mucinex Sinus-max Day & Night Maximum-strength Caplets, 20 Count

Mucinex Sinus-max Day & Night Maximum-strength Caplets, 20 Count

Mucinex Sinus-Max Day Night Caplets will fight your worst sinus congestion symptoms with a formula specifically designed for daytime and another for n...

Mucinex Sinus-Max Severe Congestion Relief Maximum Strength Caplets, 20 count

Mucinex Sinus-Max Severe Congestion Relief Maximum Strength Caplets, 20 count

Mucinex Sinus-Max Severe Congestion Relief fights your worst symptoms. Its triple-action formula breaks up mucus and relieves sinus congestion and hea...