Johnson & Johnson Acuvue Oasys with Hydraclear Plus Reviews

Johnson & Johnson Acuvue Oasys with Hydraclear Plus

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Does This Woman EVER Wear Normal Lenses? : Acuvue Oasys Contact Lenses Hydraclear Plus

Mar 18, 2007 (Updated Mar 18, 2007)

Pros:like not wearing lenses, comfortable, can be slept in, anti- dry

Cons:more expensive than other lenses, heavy tinting might bother some

The Bottom Line: The most comfortable lenses I have ever used- don't dry out my eyes either. I just love these lenses so far. Crystal clear vision too!

If you have been following my numerous crazy reviews of the Freashlook Dimenions, Color, and Colorblend contact lenses, you might be wondering, " Does this woman ever wear just NORMAL lenses? "

Well, the answer to that (whether you have been wondering about it or not) is YES- I made sure that had really nice contact lenses before venturing into the world of colored contact lenses.

I have worn contact lenses since I was 16 years old. The interesting thing about that is, when I was in my late teens, my eyes started to get worse. I completely changed my lifestyle- including eating habits- and my eyes reverted back to the way they were at age 16 and have not varied since.

That means that I wear the same exact prescription that I wore when I was 16.

So, I have had a lot of lenses to compare over the years.

HOW I ENDED UP WITH OASYS LENSES

For the last 8 years or so, I have been locked into wearing Proflex 55 lenses because I could only afford to have my eyes checked every few years and the one place I had them done was the only place that ran really low specials on contacts.

Since my eyes never change, I found that they worked just fine for me. However, the last couple of years I have been having problems with gritty eyes and very dry eyes as well.

The doctor just kept me in my same lenses, and for the price it was pretty much all I could do.

When I found that JC Penney has the most fabulous glasses of anyplace I have ever been for amazing prices, I decided to change eye doctors and try going there. I have a Penney's card, so I could spread the payments out over time. That worked a lot better for me.

It was the best decision I have ever made.

MY NEW EYE DOCTOR FOUND THE PROBLEM

When I sat down to read the chart, I could not see. My eyes had been burning and gritty so much that I had to put in drops just to see at the 4PM part of the day.

My doctor saw me doing this and she became concerned.

Finally she suggested that I not only switch lenses, but solutions as well. I have written another review about my not being informed correctly about the RENU recall so I won't go into it here.

Until I can update this review with the links, check my profile list of reviews if you want to read my other contact lens or solution reviews.

OASYS HERE I COME!

When my doctor gave me the ACUVUE OASYS HYDRACLEAR PLUS Contact Lenses to try, I was amazed.

No burning.
No grittiness
CRYSTAL CLEAR VISION
No discomfort

Wow. I was impressed.

I could see clearer than ever with any other lenses and what impressed me the most was that I could not even feel the lenses in my eyes.

Just an aside- these lenses are more floppy than other lenses (although not as bad as the FRESHLOOK DIMENSIONS CARIBBEAN AQUA lenses are). They also have a light turquoise/blue tint to them which makes them easier to see. I don't notice any difference in vision, but some people might not like that feature.

They do not seem to be more fragile than my other lenses, if I am careful to rub and clean them gently so far they seem to be fine.

WILL THEY STAY COMFORTABLE?

My eye doctor told me that I should change solutions to OPTI-FREE which I was very willing to do. However, when I got home, I could not find my new solution so I used my newly opened bottle of Renu.

The next morning, my eyes burned and felt gritty.

I quickly rinsed them off and re-disinfected them with OPTI-FREE and they were perfectly fine after that.

Since then, I have found the OASYS lenses to be wonderful. My vision is clearer than ever and the comfort level is off the charts. I still have a particle of dust or something that might come under my lens now and then, but it is nothing like the discomfort I have had with other lenses- including the Freshlook ones.

MORE SPECIFIC INFORMATION

Because I am not a contact lens expert, I am going to give you what the company says about these lenses in case you want more details....

FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Close this window

UV PROTECTION

Consumer research has shown that UV protection is an important lens attribute for patients. In fact, 3 of 4 patients report that they want UV protection from their contact lenses, and 1 of 2 say they would switch brands for UV protection.

Since 1997, ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses have led the way in UV blocking. All ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses are FDA approved to help provide protection against transmission of harmful UV radiation to the cornea and into the eye.*

‡ACUVUE® ADVANCE™ Brand Contact Lenses block approximately 90% of UV-A radiation and 99% of UV-B radiation. All other ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses block approximately 82% of UV-A radiation and 97% of UV-B radiation. On the average, contact lenses without UV blocking block approximately 10% of UV-A radiation and 30% of UV-B radiation 1.

1 Harris MG, Hararifar M, Hirano K. Transmittance of tinted and UV-blocking disposable contact lenses. Optom Vis Sci 1999;76(3):177-180.

* WARNING: UV-absorbing contact lenses are NOT substitutes for protective UV-absorbing eyewear such as UV-absorbing goggles or sunglasses, because they do not completely cover the eye and surrounding area. You should continue to use UV-absorbing eyewear as directed. NOTE: Long-term exposure to UV radiation is one of the risk factors associated with cataracts. Exposure is based on a number of factors such as environmental conditions (altitude, geography, cloud cover) and personal factors (extent and nature of outdoor activities). UV-Blocking contact lenses help provide protection against harmful UV radiation. However, clinical studies have not been done to demonstrate that wearing UV-Blocking contact lenses reduces the risk of developing cataracts or other eye disorders.

Consult your Eye Care Professional for more information.

© JJVCI 1996 - 2004. All rights reserved

Feels almost like you’re wearing no lens at all

Helps soothe the discomfort from eyes feeling tired and dry

Reduces the need for rewetting drops

Contains HYDRACLEAR™ PLUS — the next generation of proprietary technology that creates a more wettable, ultra smooth contact lens

Visibility tint – so your lenses are easy to see and handle

Highest UVA and UVB Blocking‡** – to help protect
against harmful UV rays, blocking 96% of UV-A rays and 99% of UV-B rays

Inside -Out Mark – so you’ll insert your lenses
correctly every time

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

Made by Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc.

WHO SHOULD WEAR ACUVUE® OASYS™

* People who experience contact lens dryness in dry challenging environments
* People who spend extended periods of time in front of a computer
* People whose eyes get tired from long days at work
* People who like to wear their lenses comfortably all day

WEAR SCHEDULE

* Daily Wear or Extended Wear up to 6 consecutive nights. Two week replacement recommended.

I wanted you to see what the features of these lenses were like from the company perspective since they designed them.

If you want more information on these lenses, you can find it at

www.acuvue.com

FINAL COMMENTS

I will edit this review as time goes on and add any input that I might have.

I am very happy so far with my ACUVUE OASYS HYDROCLEAR PLUS CONTACT LENSES. I have never had a lens so comfortable and easy to wear.

I was told byt three different opticians that OPTI-FREE is the best solution to use with these lenses, and personal experience I can confirm that.

Because these are mostly water, you need to make sure that the solution that makes them stay soft is good for the lenses.

WHERE CAN YOU GET THESE LENSES?

OASYS lenses are obtainable at many different opticians and places where you get contact lenses.

I have found the best prices to be at Sam's Club where they are around $24 at the time I purchased them. That is for a box of 6 lenses.

FREE TRIAL PAIR

If you would like a free trial pair of these lenses, you can go here....

Acuvue OASYS Contact Lenses

Acuvue OASYS Contact Lenses

ACUVUE OASYS(tm) with HYDRACLEAR(tm) Plus Brand Contact Lenses are so comfortable you almost feel like you are not wearing contact lenses at all. With...
Vision Direct

Acuvue Oasys for Presbyopia

Acuvue Oasys for Presbyopia

Truly the most versatile lens on the market, Acuvue Oasys for Presbyopia is a one to two week disposable lens that uses patented Hydraclear Plus silic...
BuyMoreContacts.com

Johnson & Johnson ACUVUE OASYS Contact Lenses

Johnson & Johnson ACUVUE OASYS Contact Lenses

Today's environments can create tired, dry eyes. With ACUVUE ® OASYS™ IN, Dry is OUT. Whether you're inside or outside, challenging environments ca...

Johnson & Johnson ACUVUE OASYS 24 Pack Contact Lenses

Johnson & Johnson ACUVUE OASYS 24 Pack Contact Lenses

Today's environments can create tired, dry eyes. With ACUVUE OASYS IN, Dry is OUT. Whether you're inside or outside, challenging environments can make...

Johnson & Johnson ACUVUE OASYS 12-Pack Contact Lenses

Johnson & Johnson ACUVUE OASYS 12-Pack Contact Lenses

Acuvue Oasys for Presbyopia Contact Lens, 6 ea

Acuvue Oasys for Presbyopia Contact Lens, 6 ea

ACUVUE� OASYS� for PRESBYOPIA features the unique optical design of STEREO PRECISION TECHNOLOGY� and the exceptional comfort of HYDRACLEAR� PL...
Vision Direct

Johnson & Johnson ACUVUE OASYS for ASTIGMATISM Contact Lenses

Johnson & Johnson ACUVUE OASYS for ASTIGMATISM Contact Lenses

ACUVUE OASYS for Astigmatism features a unique Accelerated Stabilization design that actively prevents toric lenses from rotating in the eye. Similar ...

Johnson & Johnson ACUVUE OASYS PRESBYOPIA Contact Lenses

Johnson & Johnson ACUVUE OASYS PRESBYOPIA Contact Lenses

ACUVUE OASYS for Presbyopia delivers a number of benefits that include; accelerated stabilization design for clear, crisp vision all day, Hydraclear P...

Acuvue Oasys

Acuvue Oasys

Acuvue Oasys contact lenses are made with HYDRACLEAR. Acuvue Oasys contact lenses are manufacture by Vistakon.
Contact Lens King