-48%

Adesso WKB-4000US Wireless Keyboard

+$3.99 shipping PCM
MacMall

Excellent Wireless Keyboard/Touchpad Combo

Jun 20, 2006 (Updated Aug 25, 2007)

Pros:Compact, keyboard/touchpad combo, IR transceiver, excellent touch

Cons:None.

The Bottom Line: If you are looking for a wireless keyboard/touchpad combo, this is it! Instant installation, great touch, compact and lightweight.

I was looking for a wireless keyboard and mouse so I could connect a PC up to my television. I wanted the keyboard to be fairly compact, similar to a laptop's in size, and useable from about 10 to 15 feet away.

I did not even know that a wireless keyboard with built-in touchpad was available until I saw the Adesso WKB-4000US. Going on the recommendations of reviewers on the website where I purchased it, I was hoping that this would be exactly the solution I was looking for.

Well, I can say with absolutely no hesitation that this is an excellent product! There is no software to install; simply plug a little USB transceiver into the PC while it is powered off. Power on the PC, push a little button on the transceiver and the hold the "Fn" key on the keyboard. That's it!

The WKB-4000US uses IR for communicating with the transceiver, so you can be a relatively long distance away from the PC, and it does not even need to be in your line of sight.

I am writing this review sitting comfortably on my couch about 10 feet from the TV, and there is no indication whatsoever that the keyboard is not wired. The response is as fast as I can type (which is about 85 wpm), and the touchpad works exactly like the one on my laptop. There is even a scroll "strip" on the right of the touchpad that simulates the wheel on a mouse, which is a nice touch.

The feel of the keys is strong and not cheap, with just the right amount of pressure. I really like the fact that this keyboard weighs only about 1 pound or so with the 4 AAA batteries installed. There are 2 'Windows" keys, 2 CTRL keys and 2 Alt keys on either side of the space bar.

If you are looking for a numeric keypad, you won't find one on this keyboard, but just like a laptop, if you activate Num Lock, a number pad is created over the m, jkl, uio and 789 keys.

The left and right mouse buttons are just below the touchpad.

All in all, I can find no fault with this keyboard/touchpad combo, and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for the compact convenience of well-made, lightweight, wireless keyboard.

Features 2.4GHz RF connectivity an ultra-slim and stylish design with clean lines and an integrated touchpad eliminating the need for a mouse. New f...
MacMall
Adesso SlimTouch RF Mini Touchpad Keyboard - Keyboard - RF
PCM

Adesso WKB-4000US Wireless Mini Touchpad Keyboard
ADESSO ADS ADESSO WKB-4000US USB WIRELESS RF SLIMTOUCH
Usually ships within 7 business day
RF Wireless SlimTouch Mini Keyboard, Silver, USB 2.4 GHz RF Technology Cirque Touchpad with Glidepoint Technology Mini layout, small and portable. 4 C...
Product Type: Keyboard Keyboard/Keypad Keyboard/Keypad Connectivity Technology: Wireless Keyboard/Keypad Wireless Technology: RF Number of Keys: 88 Ke...
Adesso Inc., MPN: WKB-4000US