Advantage Rent-A-Car

Epinions Product Rating: Disappointing

WATCH YOUR BILL!!!!

Feb 23, 2010 (Updated Feb 23, 2010)
Not yet rated

Pros:Price.

Cons:Con artists.

The Bottom Line: I don't trust this company and will never rent from them again!!

Rented out of DENVER Int'l - got a good rate on Orbitz and getting the car (Mazda CX9) went just fine.  The reservation was from Friday 11am to Monday 11am.  Got to the airport to return the vehicle at 10:20am on Monday and received a statement from the guy outside for $98 more than the estimate!!!  I went in to office to ask about the increase in the daily rate and was told that I had to turn in the car at 11am to recieve discount!!!  I then made sure that I wasn't dreaming --- that I actually turned in the car BEFORE the reservation stated and then asked the manager what time he had -- "10:20".  So I told him I was confused, and wanted to know what I did wrong....  He then said that he would be nice and make an exception this time, but next time I would only get the discount if I return the car exactly at the time the reservation was for.  I said, "Next time?  As a psych major, I can honestly say that your company policy certainly doesn't make me feel I'm rewarded for doing things right.  Why would you penalize somebody for returning a car EARLY????  I don't think there will be a next time."

The manager then said "If you don't shut up I'll not change the charge."  I didn't say another word and got the original estimate charged to my card.

In Sum, the car was fine.  It was new (1500 miles), and worked well.  The check in was fast and that clerk was pleasant and competent.  But in the end, when the plastic met the payment, the company has a very curious policy about how customers qualify for their advertised discounted prices.  I am going to watch carefully for the next year to make sure Advantage Rent-A-Car, or any subsidiary doesn't sneek any charges on to the bill.