Advil Fever Infants' Con Drops Grape 0.5oz

Review of Infant Advil for Fever and Pain

Feb 23, 2012 (Updated Feb 23, 2012)

Pros:Reduced fever, brought more relief than Infant Tylenol

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: This really helped my granddaughter get through the worst of her flu.  Relieved pain and reduced fever.

It's definitely cold and flu season, and my 16 month old granddaughter has been very sick.  Her fever and lethargic behavior prompted us to take her to the doctor.

The doctor felt she has a virus, but was concerned about the congestion in her chest and prescribed an antibiotic called Zithromax.  Not many cold medications that can be given to babies under the age of 2, but we were told we could give her decongestant nose drops and pain/fever reducers.  She gave us box of Infants Advil Fever Reducer/Pain Reliever because their office got an entire case of them in the mail.

The medicine is slightly thick and opal colored and it smells like grape Koolaid.  The bottle calls the concentrated drops white grape flavored.  The box also contained a syringe for easy measuring and dispensing.

This medication should not be given to babies under the age of 6 months.  Children 6-11 months (12-17 pounds) can take 1.25 mL and children 12-23 months (18-23 pounds) can take 1.875 mL.  Doses can be given every 6-8 hours.

Since my granddaughter was so miserable our doctor recommended we give her infant Tylenol, wait 2 1/2 hours then as the Tylenol is starting to wear off give the Infant Advil.  She said to repeat this cycle, overlapping the doses of both medications.  I felt a bit uneasy about giving medications so close together, so we tried what the Dr. suggested, but we waited for 3 to 3 1/2 hours before doing so.

My Evie seemed to feel more relief when she had the full effects of the Advil in her system.  It helped her relax and get a better nap, and she was less fussy.  I really think she may have the flu and not a cold because she is too lethargic for a simple cold.  The Infant Advil is helping her to feel better, albeit for a short period of time.  The Tylenol did work just as good as the Advil for lowering her fever, but I think the Advil worked the best to make her feel more comfortable and feel less pain.  It will sure be nice when our Evie is old enough to tell us what hurts!

My granddaughter has always taken almost any kind of medication with eagerness, but she was resistant to taking the Infants Advil, as she was the Infant Tylenol or any other kind of liquid.  I don't think she objected to the taste of it, I think she has a sore throat and she wasn't wanting to drink or eat hardly anything for the past two days.

Until yesterday, when we took Evie to the Dr., I was not even aware that you could give babies Advil.  We've always given Infant Tylenol, but I will definitely keep this in mind for times when she gets sick or needs a pain or fever reducer.

This review is Lean 'N Mean.

Advil Infants Fever Concentrated Drops White Grape Flavored 0.5 Oz (pack Of 3)

Advil Infants Fever Concentrated Drops White Grape Flavored 0.5 Oz (pack Of 3)

NEW Advil Infants Fever Concentrated Drops White Grape Flavored 0.5 oz (Pack of 3) $22.65 $30.95 Advil Infants Fever Concentrated Drops is used for ag...

Advil Infants' Fever, Concentrated Drops, White Grape Flavored, .5 Oz. (2 Pack)

Advil Infants' Fever, Concentrated Drops, White Grape Flavored, .5 Oz. (2 Pack)

Advil Infants' Fever, Concentrated Drops, White Grape Flavored, .5 Oz. (2 Pack) Concentrated Drops.Ibuprofen 50 mg Fever Reducer/Pain Reliever (NSAID)...

Childrens Advil Fever Suspension 1 Oz.

Childrens Advil Fever Suspension 1 Oz.

NEW Childrens Advil Fever Suspension 1 Oz. $11.97 Children's Advil Fever Suspension, 1 Oz.

Advil Fruit Flavored Liquid Fever & Pain Reliever - 4 Ounce - Wyeth

Advil Fruit Flavored Liquid Fever & Pain Reliever - 4 Ounce - Wyeth

Children's Advil Fever Reducer/Pain Reliever. Ages 2-11 years. Lasts up to 8 hours. Fever/aches & pains. Long Lasting: Up to 8 hours of fever relief.
Advil Fruit Flavored Liquid Fever Pain Reliever 4 Ounce

Advil Fruit Flavored Liquid Fever Pain Reliever 4 Ounce

Children's Advil Fever Reducer/Pain Reliever. Ages 211 years. Lasts up to 8 hours. Fever/aches pains. Long Lasting: Up to 8 hours of fever relief.
Toys R Us

Advil Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer 200mg Coated Tablets, 300ct

Advil Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer 200mg Coated Tablets, 300ct

These Advil Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer 200mg Coated Tablets temporarily relieve minor aches and pains due to headaches, toothaches, backach...

Children's Advil Fever/pain Reliever Oral, Blue Raspberry 4 Fl Oz

Children's Advil Fever/pain Reliever Oral, Blue Raspberry 4 Fl Oz

--- Select Brand --- Avent Braun Carlson CHI CHI Air Conair Cytosport Doctor's Best Dr.Scholl's Eclipse Evercare Garden of Life HoMedics Honeywell Inf...

Advil Fruit Flavored Liquid Fever & Pain Reliever - 4 Ounce

Advil Fruit Flavored Liquid Fever & Pain Reliever - 4 Ounce

Children's Advil Infant Drops, For Ages 6 - 23 Months,

Children's Advil Infant Drops, For Ages 6 - 23 Months,

Our Shop Shop Categories Description Category: Health and Beauty ISBN: B004T174DM Condition: New! Note: New Condition. Children's Advil Infant Drops, ...