Aftershock Liqueur 80@ 750ml (Jim Beam)

Aftershock Liqueur: Knock Your A*S Out Drunk!

Jul 25, 2010

Pros:Cinammon Taste, Pleasant Burn, Gets You Drunk, No Hangovers

Cons:Expensive, May be too strong for some

The Bottom Line:

Aftershock makes my night, and then makes the next day alright after all. Get drunk!

One of my favorite drinks for "just getting hammered" is Aftershock. I've had quite a few fun nights with this particular beverage, and while I do try to space them out due to a fear of praying to the porcelain goddess, I got rocked a few nights ago. To Aftershocks credit, I've actually never become sick from my liver telling me "its had too much," which can't be said for other drinks that have caused pure misery. You can make plenty of mixed drinks with Aftershock, but I drink it straight. Yet, I don't drink alone, and like to incorporate it as a "shot type" of beverage with my buddies. That's what it is for, in my humble and drunken opinion, and I always have a bottle of it around "just because."

Aftershock
has been around a long time, and it is now marketed by the Jim Beam Company. I like combining both of those in the same sentence, and you can purchase this liqueur in several sizes. My most recent bottle, and common purchase is the 750 ml one, because it will last awhile. Its also because Virginia regulates its spirits through government stores, and they like to charge a fortune compared to a privately owned liquor establishment. Therefore, I like to buy the biggest size available, and this bottle is easy to open and will get your party started in no time.

A shot of this will certainly make you cry, if you aren't used to it. Some "shot" based drinks are a bit more laid back, but this one is not. Its burning hot cinnamon down your throat, and while not quite as intense as an authentic Russian vodka, its pretty close to that. I've seen people have tears out of their eyes while slamming this down, although I've become immune to this problem. Yet it still does burn a bit, and I'd say this sensation lasts for a good minute or so. The intensity for the first ten seconds is hardcore, but it does mellow out to an acceptable level of most.

The cinammon is strong, as it what seems to be the hot consistency of this drink. You will sweat also, and this 80 proof concoction seems stronger than that. Four or five shots of this, will easily make you go "night night." In fact, unlike some other liqueurs, this is one that's the closest to cough medicines. There is a syrupy consistency to this drink, and with numerous shots, you will have the best night of sleep perhaps ever. I've been impressed by this, along with the fact that I've never had a hangover from this stuff. That's amazing, because almost anything else, even watery beer can make the day after partying miserable.

This is not for the faint of hearted. Its a strong drink, and for those who want to mellow it out a bit, consider mixing it with something. Yet I'll have mine without any dilution, due to liking the burn and having no upset stomach problems with it. The only thing that I took getting used to was the burning at first, which is now enjoy in a masochistic kind of way. The crystals at the bottom can be eaten for further alcohol amounts, and taste like "hotrocks candies." Give it a try and see for yourself, that its the perfect "shot drink," as it will get you torn up without any negative effects.

Jim Beam Bar Mat

Jim Beam Bar Mat

Approx 2 1/2 wide shipping is 10.00 each

Jim Beam Whiskey Condiment Tray

Jim Beam Whiskey Condiment Tray

JIM BEAM WHISKEY CONDIMENT TRAY Measures: 18 X 6 X 3.5 WITH 6 COMPARTMENTS BRAND NEW THIS BEAUTIFUL TRAY IS PERFECT FOR YOU HOME!

MILAGRO 750ML SILVER TEQUILA

MILAGRO 750ML SILVER TEQUILA

Find alcoholic beverages at Target.com! Milagro 750ml silver tequila

'kahlu'a' Coffee Liqueur Bottle Barlight/nightlight

'kahlu'a' Coffee Liqueur Bottle Barlight/nightlight

'KAHLU'A' COFFEE LIQUEUR Bottle Barlight/Nightlight `Kahlu`a` Coffee Liqueur barlight/nightlight Our barlights are made from genuine liquor and wine b...