-50%

+$5.99 shipping the Vitamin Shoppe
Free Shipping Vitamin Discount Center

Alacer Emergen-C Blue = A Health and Energy Booster

Sep 29, 2009

Pros:Supports your Immunity, and provides Antioxidant Protection.

Cons:An expensive supplement, especially if you take it along with other vitamins.

The Bottom Line:

Packed with nutrients, antioxidants, and vitamins.  Fifty-percent of Emergen-C Blue profits are donated to the Surf Rider Foundation, an organization dedicated to cleaning_up_the_world's_oceans, waterways, and_drinking_water.

I've been taking the Emergen-C supplements for several years and over time, I've tried all of their fruit flavors, and this one, in Berry Blue flavor has become a favorite!

There is little difference (other than flavors) between most Emergen-C products, with the exception of the especialty products, such as for joints and the heart, for example.

This product differentiates itself by donating a substantial amount (50%) of Emergen-C Blue's profits to the Surf rider Foundation, an organization dedicated to cleaning up the world's oceans, waterways, and drinking water for the last 20 years.

What's in every little packet?

Alacer's Emergen-C, Blue delivers 1,000mg of Vitamin C, seven active mineral ascorbates, seven B Vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B6 & B12, Niacin, and Riboflavin), and other ingredients such as Monk Fruit, an antioxidant source.

Alacer's Emergen-C, Blue offers a natural energy boost without caffeine, so you don't have to worry about crashing later on. The electrolytes found in this formula, are essential ingredients for post-workout, as it replaces key minerals and electrolytes like potassium, sodium, calcium & magnesium lost through perspiration.

What are mineral ascorbates?

Alacer's Emergen-C Blue formula delivers a high potency source of Vitamin C in the form of three mineral ascorbates.  Ascorbates are known to help transport Vitamin C into the cells more efficiently; also, mineral ascorbates are less acidic, therefore kinder to your stomach.

The three mineral ascorbates found in this product are:

~ Ascorbic acid (a white, crystalline compound that is highly soluble in water), also known as Vitamin C.

~ Chromium ascorbate (Chromium combined with Vitamin C is known to stimulate enzymes in the metabolism of energy).

~ Zinc ascorbate (Vitamin C and Zinc ccombination that may stimulate the immune system). This is a highly absorbable, soluble form.

Other product features:

If you are watching your sodium intake, this is not a sodium-free product, but it contains only 60mg per serving, when compared to the basic Gatorade, at 110mg per 8oz drink. That's quite a difference!  Also, compared to Gatorade, this product provides 200mg of potassium, which is more than Gatorade's 30mg per 8 oz serving.

This product is fairly low-calorie, at 20 calories per serving, and is sweetened with Fructose for quick energy and staying power!

Should you take these supplements daily?

The recommended dosage is "two or more packets daily, as desired."  I normally take the contents of one packet before a workout, and if I'm feeling extra tired after sports, I'll take one more as soon as I get home.  Also, if I'm feeling run down, or feel like a cold is coming on, I will usually take one to three packets that day.

Other than that,  I don't take them regularly, or I may use a different brand in between, such as ZipFizz .  As a result, because my use is sporadic, I really think my body notices the difference and is positively impacted by the ingredients in this energy booster!

Directions for use:

Drop the contents in a glass of water (or a bottle of water), and the powder fizzes up to give you a nicely flavored drink.  The colder the water, in my opinion, the better it tastes!

Price:  I've seen individual packets sold at convenience stores, for around $0.50 a piece.  I buy them by the box (30 packets) for $7.99 at Swanson Vitamins, or Walmart, Vitamin World, and supermarkets with a health food section, for around $10. It is definitely more economical to buy it by the box.

Summary

I love Alacer's Emergen-C products, and this Energy Booster is an excellent product because it tastes great, with a hint of blueberry flavor, and it is packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. This product is highly portable, easy and convenient to use, since each serving is packed individually.

Emergen-C products are also great alternative to sodas or any other flavored waters (offering less nutrients), or even Gatorade which I won't drink unless there's absolutely nothing else available and I need to hydrate (during a race, for example).

So, drink up, it's good for you!

Alacer Emergen-C Vitamin C Energy Booster Berry Blue 1000mg. - 30 PacketsIntroducing Alacer Emergen-C Vitamin C Energy Booster Berry Blue, the delicio...
LuckyVitamin.com

Emergen-C Blue Triple Berry 30 Pkts - Introducing Emergen-C BLUE Triple Berry, the deliciously fizzy vitamin drink that boosts energy and supports hea...
Swanson Health Products
EmergenC Berry Blue 1000 MG 30 Packets
the Vitamin Shoppe
Emergen-C Blue Health and Energy Booster by Alacer 30 Packet Emergen-C Blue Health and Energy Booster 30 Pckts Water is essential to lifeand to Emerge...
Health and Energy Booster. 1,000 mg Vitamin C. 23 Nutrients with antioxidants, electrolytes, 7 B vitamins.
Emergen-C Berry Blue Triple Berry By Alacer - 30 Packets Vitamin C
Vitamin Discount Center
Alacer Emergen
Alacer Emergen-C Blue Fizzy Drink Mix Berry Blue Description: Health and Energy Booster 24 Nutrients with Antioxidants, Electrolytes, and 7 B Vitamins...