Numerous alert options,
The Bottom Line: I would highly recommend this item to anyone needing an alert radio.
Living in the Northeast, and being vulnerable to coastal storms and nor'easters, we've tried numerous weather radios. Some were good, others were terrible. The Reecom R1650 Weather Alert Radio is the best! It gives you access to all 7 NOAA channels, but it also gives you the option of locking out the channels you don't need. It's also NOAA "all hazards" certified.
Recommend this product?
Some of the other alert features are:
1. Child Abduction Emergency (Amber Alert)
2. Tornado, Hurricane, Severe Thunder Storm
3. Coastal Flood, Flash Flood, Blizzard, Winter Storm
4. High Wind, Tsunami, Avalanche
5. Chemical Spill, Radiological Hazard, Hazardous Materials
6. Emergency Action Notification, Shelter In Place
7. Nuclear Power Plant Warning, Immediate Evacuation
8. Civil And Local Area Emergency Messages
9. 911 Telephone System Outages, Power Outage
There are many more, and although you may not need many of the alerts, they're great to have!
Another great feature is the "Voice-Volume" level, so you aren't blown out of your chair when an alert is broadcasted. It also has a battery back-up in case of power outages.
This radio isn't big in stature, but it's a giant as far as quality. We paid $59.95, on sale. At twice the price, it would be worth every cent.
Additional information: One reviewer asked does it work and how?All I can say is yes, it definitely works.
Two of my sons are fishermen, and the mariners alert proved invaluable last winter. We were alerted to blizzards last winter, and at least two tornado alerts earlier this summer, along with severe thunderstorm warnings.
As far as how it works, it's pretty basic. You just take it out of the box, plug it in, and set the alerts that are important to you and your area.
Read all comments (2)