-11%
Aleve Pain Reliever (325866536471) Reviews

Aleve Pain Reliever (325866536471)

+$5.05 shipping Target

Not as "all day strong" as they would like to think…Aleve

Apr 17, 2004 (Updated Apr 17, 2004)

Pros:relieves minor pain associated with headaches and body aches

Cons:relieves only minor pain, can only take a limited amount

The Bottom Line: You can use Aleve for most minor pains.

I came across Aleve some years ago when I was still in high school. I’ve battled migraines since I was 7 years old and my mother was always on the lookout for different products to try, instead of prescription medications. She began using Aleve to see if it would help her and then later decided to let me try it out when it worked for her.

Aleve comes in a small white bottle with a blue label. The twist off cap is different from most childproof caps because you have to push in the tabs on the side before turning the cap. It is quite annoying, but the “safety squeeze” bottle is definitely safe enough to keep in a household with young children.

Aleve temporarily relieves all different kinds of pain. I usually use Aleve when I have minor body pain or a minor headache because those are the symptoms that seem to be relieved when I use this product. But you can also use Aleve for backaches, toothaches, menstrual cramps, minor arthritis pain, or when you have a minor fever.

~ Ingredients ~
Active:
Naproxen Sodium

Inactive:
FD&C blue #2 lake, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, povidone, talc, titanium dioxide

For the most part, I have not had any major complaints about Aleve since I have started taking it. I really only use it for when I have a minor headache or minor body pain after exercising. Any other pain that I have, I usually depend on something else. But otherwise, Aleve has remained a staple in my home. I can usually depend on it for some quick action when I am in pain.

Something that I don’t like about Aleve is the fact that the company has a smaller limit to how many pills you can take in a 24-hour period than most other pain relieving products. So if your pain comes back with that period, you’re options are limited. More often than not, I take the 2 pills in a 12-hour period, but find that I will usually need another one before the time limit is up.

You shouldn’t take any more Aleve than as directed on the bottle. Children under 12 should consult doctor before using. Ages 12 and up should take only 1 tablet every 8-12 hours. You should not take more than 2 pills in a 12-hour period, or more than 3 pills in a 24-hour period. And of course, if you drink a lot of alcoholic beverages in a single day, you should not take any kind of fever reducer. Some might also be aware that Naproxen Sodium can cause a serious reaction, so take this fever reducer with caution.

As with most medications, I don’t recommend taking them on an empty stomach. I usually have a small snack right before or after so that the pill does not have an alternate effect on me. I also drink a full glass of water with the tiny blue pill. Remember that these Aleve tablets contain Naproxen sodium, so if you have a Naproxen prescription medication, it wouldn’t be a good idea to mix the two.

I usually buy the smaller bottle of Aleve because I can always find it on sale somewhere and I usually have a coupon. I only buy the larger size once in awhile when they put it on sale. Aleve offers this product in three forms: caplets, tablets, and gelcaps. And you can purchase it in many sizes: 8, 24, 40, 50, 80, 100, 150, and 200. I usually purchase the 50 count tablet bottle anywhere between $3.99 and $4.99, depending on what store I go to. I can find these Aleve products at most drugstores, grocery stores and online at Drugstore.com and CVS.com.

Overall, yes I continue to buy Aleve to relieve my minor pain. But I don’t think I recommend it to those that are having serious pain. It may relieve some of the pain, but it definitely will not relieve all of the pain. Those with recurring pain, forget about this because of the limited amount you can take in a 24-hour period.

Bayer Corporation

Excedrin Migraine
Advil Migraine
Bayer Back & Body Pain
Bayer Aspirin

Find painkillers and muscle treatments at Target.com! Aleve arthritis caplets - 100 count

You're purchasing - Lot of 2 - Aleve Pain Reliever Fever Reducer - 100 Caplets Each - 220 mg. These items are in the original package and have not exp...