Alka-Seltzer Gold

Worth It's Weight In Gold~Alka-Seltzer Gold

Jan 26, 2002

Pros:Relief from heartburn in seconds.

Cons:Extremely hard to find.

The Bottom Line: Fast relief without added medications that you do not need.

I have had a lot of heartburn since I started back to work. The two jobs that I have had only allowed you to take a thirty minute lunch break and at times that is impossible.

With a thirty minute lunch break you seem to swallow your food without really chewing it properly and then your stomach has to work extra hard in breaking this down.

In the past I have taken Maalox liquid and tablets and found very little relief and the taste was awful. If this was the only medication I could get my hands on I wouldn't turn it down because it does somewhat help and a little help is better than no help for heartburn.

Over a year ago I found Alka-Seltzer Gold at my local Walgreens and I decided I would try this.

I was having some pretty severe heartburn at the time and was afraid I was going to have to go to the doctor for some high-powered help. The job I had was really getting to me and the food poisoning on a regular basis was no help so I gave up eating while at work. We were not allowed to bring our own food.

I purchased the box of Alka-Seltzer Gold for a small price of $6.00, for 36 tablets. Two tablets come in each foil sealed pouch. That is 18 doses.

The directions stated that adults and children 12 years and older take two tables dissolved in 4-ounces of water every 4 hours. I poured 4 ounces of cold water into a glass and dropped the two tablets into the water and waited for them to dissolve. It seems to take just a little longer to dissolve in cold water vs. room temp water.

When the tablets finished dissolving I picked up the glass and drank the fizzy stuff as fast as I could because I was expecting a really awful taste. The Alka-Seltzer Gold didn't taste all that bad. It has sort of a lemony taste to it and the bubbles did hit my nose.

Within a very few minutes of drinking the Alka-Seltzer Gold the biggest burp I think I have ever had happened. There was no covering it up it was there. After the burp, no heartburn, complete relief.

After taking the Alka-Seltzer Gold once during the day I do not need to take it again as the symptoms are gone and stay gone. For me there is no need to have to take this every four hours.

I was so happy with this. I have used it often since that day with the same wonderful results. My biggest problem with the Alka-Seltzer Gold is it isn't as readily available in any of the stores as it once was in Walgreens. Now when I find it I try to buy a couple of packages at a time, as I don't want to be without.

My husband has used this for upset an upset stomach and found relief with that problem also.

One of the other things besides relieving heartburn that I like is it doesn't contain aspirin. Most of the time when I need to take Alka-Seltzer Gold I don't have any need for aspirin, just heartburn relief.

If you are on a sodium restricted diet make sure that it is ok to take the Alka-Seltzer Gold as it does contain 299mg of sodium. That is quite a high amount.

The ingredients are
Citric acid………………………...832mg
Potassium bicarbonate……………312mg
Sodium bicarbonate (heat treated)..958mg

All of the above are antacids.

If you are pregnant or breast feeding check with your doctor to make sure that it is ok to take the Alka-Seltzer Gold.

There are very few warnings on the back of the package but I do strongly recommend that you read these warnings and all warnings on medications and if you have any questions ask your pharmacist or doctor.

I have to say that I do highly recommend this product if you can find it at any of your local stores. Alka-Seltzer Gold is really worth the $6.00 that you might pay for it. You do get quick results and lasting results.

Thanks for reading.

ALKA-SELTZER Gold Effervescent 36 Tablets Heartburn Acid Indigestion

ALKA-SELTZER Gold Effervescent 36 Tablets Heartburn Acid Indigestion

ALKA-SELTZER Gold Effervescent 36 Tablets Heartburn Acid IndigestionALKA-SELTZER Gold Effervescent 36 Tablets  Heartburn Acid Indigestion Fast Relief...
American Drug Supply Store

Alka-Seltzer Antacid Relief Gold Effervescent Tablets Aspirin Free, 36 tabs by Alka-Seltzer
Herbspro.com

Alka Seltzer® (36/box)

Alka Seltzer® (36/Box) Features and Functions: Buy in Bulk and Save!6 packs total Alka-Seltzer®. New look! Same formula. Anhydrous citric acid/antacid...

Alka-seltzer Plus Cold Formula Orange Zest, 20 Ct

Alka-seltzer Plus Cold Formula Orange Zest, 20 Ct

Bayer Alka Seltzer Plus Cold Formula is designed to temporarily relieve nasal congestion, headaches and body aches. Alka Seltzer Cold and Flu, Orange ...

Alka-Seltzer Original 36 Tabs

Alka-Seltzer Original 36 Tabs

Original 36 Tabs - For pain and discomfort, try Alka-Seltzer Original. This antacid medicine helps deliver fast relief of pain, heartburn, acid indige...
Swanson Health Products

Alka-Seltzer Day & Night Liquid Gels - 40 Count

Alka-Seltzer Day & Night Liquid Gels - 40 Count

Find cold, cough and allergy at Target.com! Alka-seltzer day & night liquid gels - 40 count

Alka-Seltzer(R) Refills, 2 Per Packet, Box Of 36 Packets

Alka-Seltzer(R) Refills, 2 Per Packet, Box Of 36 Packets

For fast relief of discomfort or pain from acid indigestion or heartburn Provides trusted, effective, effervescent relief for more than 70 years. Gent...
Office Depot

Alka Seltzer® (36/box)

Alka Seltzer® (36/Box) Features and Functions: An antacid that gently breaks up and dissolves away the full feeling of acid indigestion and pain fast ...

Alka-seltzer Plus Cold Formula Effervescent Orange Zest Flavor 20 Tablets

Alka-seltzer Plus Cold Formula Effervescent Orange Zest Flavor 20 Tablets

Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold 36 Tabs

Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold 36 Tabs

Plus Cold 36 Tabs - Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold is a pain reliever/fever reducer aspirin formula. It temporarily relieves these symptoms due to a cold: min...
Swanson Health Products