Almay intense i-Color Play Up Trio Eye Shadow

AEI80DW-O Entry #13: _Almay Intense Eye Shadow_ -- makeup for the non-wearer of cosmetics

Mar 19, 2010

Pros:Nice colours, and my eyes didn't itch while wearing it.

Cons:I don't wear a lot of cosmetics.

The Bottom Line: A low priced collection of three warm, neutral shades  of eye shadow that really did enhance the colours of my eyes.

I'll be honest here, I've never been much of one for wearing makeup. Most of the time I am too busy writing or doing art to really care how I look, but there are times when I need to put on something. For me the problems arise when I wear cosmetics, my skin is sensitive so finding something that I can wear is a difficult process.

One brand that I have found that has worked for me is Almay, especially with their hypoallergenic line of products. In particular, what I like is their eye shadow. When I first encountered their Trios while flipping through a magazine, and thought, well, this might work for me. I picked up their number 024, the trio for green eyes, and gave it a try.

As the name implies, there are three different shades of eye shadow powder in this compact, along with an applicator. The lightest shade is a warm, pale tan colour called champagne, the midtone is a dusky pink that is called smoky rose, and the darkest is a deep maroon hue called wine. The midtone goes on the lid, the maroon into the crease of the lid, and the lightest shade on the brow bone between the crease and the eyebrow to highlight and soften the look. There is a very faint hint of shimmer, but nothing too glaring or obvious, so this worked very well for me in the daytime. What I reallyy enjoyed about this was that this was a cosmetic that enhanced, and didn't scream, I'm wearing makeup! which was what worked for me.

While Almay does have an eyeliner and mascara that is cooridinated with this set, I didn't bother to try them, being that I was content with the eye shadow, and decided to leave it at that.

Ingredients: Talc, octyldodecyl, stearoyl stearate, dimethcone,nylon-12, zinc stearate,isopropyl,lanolate, sorbic acid,octyldodecanol, BHT, tetrasodium edta, methylparaben, propylparaben,butylparaben. May Contain: Mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), carmine (CI 75470), manganese violet (CI 77742), ultramarine (CI 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510), blue 1 lake (CI42090), bismuth oxychloride (CI 771630), chromium oxide green (CI 77288), chromium hydroxide green (CI 77189). The packaging also cautions that the applicator should be kept clean after use, and not to use the cosmetic if your eyes are irritated, injured or infected. Also, the product should not be diluted with any additive.

Instructions, ingredients and cautions are given in English, French and Spanish on the back of the packaging.

Made in Italy wth US and non-US components.

To find out more about Almay products, check out their website at www.almay.com

Overall, this gets a four star rating from me. While it's not quite vibrant enough for evening wear, this is great for everyday use. Recommended.

This is my Wellness and Beauty entry into the Around Epinions In 80 Days Write-Off.

Almay Intense I Color Play Up The Brown Purple Amethyst 021 Nip

Almay Intense I Color Play Up The Brown Purple Amethyst 021 Nip

Almay Intense I Color Play Up The Brown PURPLE AMETHYST 021 nip Almay Intense I Color Play Up The Brown PURPLE AMETHYST 021 nip

Five Almay Intense I-color Play Up Liquid Eye Liner -021

Five Almay Intense I-color Play Up Liquid Eye Liner -021

gift99 Store FIVE! Almay Intense I-Color Play Up Liquid Eye Liner -021 A hypoallergenic liquid eyeliner that comes in Purple Amethyst (designed for br...

Almay Intense i-Color Liquid Liner - For Brown Eyes, Purple Amethyst

Almay Intense i-Color Liquid Liner - For Brown Eyes, Purple Amethyst

Find cosmetics at Target.com! Play up your eye color with dramatic, contrasting color! High-impact liquid eyeliner defines your eyes with precise, bol...

2 Almay Intense I-color Play Up Liquid Eye Liner - Purple Amethyst 021sealed

2 Almay Intense I-color Play Up Liquid Eye Liner - Purple Amethyst 021sealed

div style=text-align:centerimg src=http://ti2.auctiva.com/sw/java.gif border=0br table align=centertr td height=28px valign=middle align=centerfont fa...

Almay Intense I-color Liquid Eyeliner Black Pearl 03 No Box

Almay Intense I-color Liquid Eyeliner Black Pearl 03 No Box

Almay Intense I-Color Liquid Eyeliner BLACK Pearl 03 Brand New!Weight: 0.08 Fl. oz/ 2.5 mL Full Size No Box, Not Sealed, Never Used or Tested We LOVE ...

Almay Intense I-color Shadow Stick Brown Eyes Nip Makeup Free Shipping

Almay Intense I-color Shadow Stick Brown Eyes Nip Makeup Free Shipping

Brand New in Package Almay intense I-color shadow stick for brown eyes COMES FROM A SMOKE FREE AND PET FREE HOME!!!

Almay Intense I-color Shadow Stick Green Eyes Nip Makeup Free Shipping

Almay Intense I-color Shadow Stick Green Eyes Nip Makeup Free Shipping

Brand New in Package Almay intense I-color shadow stick for green eyes COMES FROM A SMOKE FREE AND PET FREE HOME!!!

Almay Intense I-color Shadow Stick Blue Eyes Nip Makeup Free Shipping

Almay Intense I-color Shadow Stick Blue Eyes Nip Makeup Free Shipping

Brand New in Package Almay intense I-color shadow stick for blue eyes COMES FROM A SMOKE FREE AND PET FREE HOME!!!

Almay Intense I-color Eyeliner Purple Amethyst

Almay Intense I-color Eyeliner Purple Amethyst

Domestic (USA) Shipping:In general we will ship your order same day once payment is received.We will ship your item using USPS First Class if under 13...

Almay Intense I-color Eyeliner For Brown Eye Self Sharpening 001 Purple Amethyst

THIS BUY IT NOW IS FOR (1)Almay intense i-color Eyeliner For Brown Eyes self sharpening #001 Purple Amethyst..new in package. THANKS! :0) PLEASE PAY W...