Altoids Smalls Wintergreen, .5 lb Boxes ( )Altoids Smalls Wintergreen, .37 oz Tins ( ) (Altoids) Reviews

Altoids' Little Mini-Me --- Altoids Smalls Wintergreen Mints

Sep 12, 2010

Pros:very small, discrete mints; tasty wintergreen flavor; cute little tin

Cons:artificial sweeteners and colors used

The Bottom Line: Don't let their tiny size fool you, they're comparable to the regular-sized Altoids, and carry a nice wintergreen flavor.  3.5 stars rounded up.

Standing at the checkout lane yesterday at the grocery store, I saw a "10 for $10" sign above the Altoids Smalls mints.  Being an Altoids fan, and seeing how cute this little metal tin was, I grabbed one of the Wintergreen flavors.  I couldn't resist.

What it is
Altoids are known as the "curiously strong mint."  They come in several different flavors, and also come in the "Smalls" version.  These Smalls are sugar-free and truly small.

The metal tin they come in is 2.25" long by 1.5" wide by just over .75" deep.  It opens easily to expose 50 very small blue mints.  The mints are square with rounded corners and display an "A" on the front (for Altoids). They measure 4/16" squared.  Very small indeed.

Flavor
They have a pleasant wintergreen flavor.  It's not overly strong, won't burn the sinuses or anything.  But for being so small, they have a decent amount of mint.  Since they are so small, they're really not noticeable in the mouth, making them great to pop in right before coming in contact with someone.  The flavor, to me, is moderately fresh and just a little sweet.  I like it.

Freshness
I eat mints or use breath strips throughout the day at work.  I come in contact with people constantly, so I want to maintain fresh breath.  Sometimes I don't want the sugar that is in regular Altoids, so these will be great.  They do provide a small bit of breath freshness, enough that I feel confident if I talk to someone in the next 20-30 minutes after the mint is gone.  I allow the mint to fully dissolve and that takes just a few minutes.  If you do want to chew them up, you can do so (they're not too hard) and it'll deliver a slightly more concentrated mintiness.

Ingredients
sorbitol, maltodextrin, natural and artificial flavors, maltitol, magnesium stearate, acacia, colors (titanium dioxide, blue 1 lake, blue 2 lake, blue 2), sucralose, soy lecithin

I'm not at all a fan of artificial sweeteners, but since these mints are so small, I can reason with it.  They'd be perfect if all of those artificial things were taken out and xylitol was used to sweeten it (or even Stevia).  Oh well.

A serving is one mint, which has one half of a calorie and not much else.

Cost and Availability
One of these Altoids Smalls tins usually runs $1.25, but I got it for $1.00.  A small price to pay for a small tin of mints.  Available most places mints and gum are sold (usually in the check-out lanes).

Overall Opinion
This small tin will fit in my purse well.  It'll fit in my pocket, too, but they do make a rattling noise as I walk, so that's not always desireable.  I like how tiny they are, they're easy to hide in the mouth if you eat one then talk to someone.  They're not super minty, but get the job done.  Plus, adorable little tin!

Altoids Mints Smalls Wintergreen - 9 count box. Packaged in a convenient pocket-sized tin, these mints make it easy to keep your breath fresh througho...
Your Candy Shop
Altoids Mints Smalls Wintergreen 9 count box. Packaged in a convenient pocketsized tin, these mints make it easy to keep your breath fresh throughout...
The Candy City
In Stock. Fast Shipping. Pack of nine, 0.37-ounce tins (total of 3.33-ounces) Sugar free Delightful bit of tasty freshness Additional Details --------...

Altoids small sugar free mints wintergreen. There are 9 tins per box.
blaircandy.com
Small sugar free Wintergreen Altoids with 50 mints in a tin. Each mint is about a 1/4-inch square. 33% fewer calories than a normal size Altoids mint...
CandyWarehouse.com
Thanks for shopping with us.
ALTOIDS SMALLS Sugar free WINTERGREEN 9 in a Pack All item are ship and store in pets and smoke free environment Please check out my 100% Feedback and...
ALTOIDS SMALLS SUGARFREE MINTS WINTERGREEN TWO Boxes. NINE .37 Ounce (10.5g)Tins per Box 18 Tins. 50 Mints per Tin. THREE boxes ship in a Priority Mai...
Thanks for shopping with us
ALTOIDS SMALLS SUGARFREE MINTS WINTERGREEN THREE Boxes. NINE .37 Ounce (10.5g)Tins per Box 27 Tins. 50 Mints per Tin. THREE boxes ship in a Priority M...
Thanks for shopping with us.
ALTOIDS SMALLS SUGARFREE MINTS WINTERGREEN NINE .37 Ounce (10.5g) Tins per Box 54 Tins. 50 Mints per Tin. The Original Celebrated Curiously Strong