Amana UMV1152CA 1000 Watts Microwave Oven Reviews

Amana UMV1152CA 1000 Watts Microwave Oven

Amana UMV1152CA 1000 Watts Microwave Oven - Reliable but Loud

Feb 19, 2012

Pros:Attractive, reliable, easy to use and clean

Cons:Way too loud to be used in a great room design

The Bottom Line: I highly recommend this microwave as long as you understand that it is loud and I do not recommend this to be used in a Great Room concept.

The Amana UMV1152CAS over-the-range microwave oven was included with our new home that we purchased in 2008.  The S at the end of the model number means the stainless steel finish and BA at the end would be the black finish.  It has now been 4 years that we have been using it on a daily basis and so far I have not had a single problem.  Our other Amana products in the kitchen consist of a stainless steel dishwasher and a stainless steel gas range.   This is our first experience with this brand. We have been very pleased so far with the reliability and the build quality of the Amana line.

What It Offers

The Amana UMV1152CA Microwave has 1000 watts of cooking power. This is an over-the-range model that includes a light at the bottom of the microwave for your range and a fan vent with grease filter that is used for your range while cooking instead of a standard vent.   The features on this are:

1.5 cu. ft. capacity
Glass turntable
Reheat (I use this one a lot)
Auto defrost (to defrost by weight)
Power level options
Sound on/off option
Add 30 seconds
More (to add more cooking time)
Less (to subtract cooking time)
Clock
Kitchen Timer (I use this one a lot)
Programmed pads for veggies, baked potato, pizza slice, and popcorn
Demonstration mode
Child Lock
Vent with a HI/LO/OFF (with charcoal grease filter)
Light with a HI/LO /OFF (40 watts)
Inner dimensions approximately 19 ¼ wide x 13 ¼ deep x 9 ¼ high at the lowest point inside

My Experience

I have always used my microwaves to defrost, reheat, boil water, and get the baked potatoes started or the making of popcorn.  I do not cook in one as my husband is spoiled and likes the taste of food coming from the regular oven instead.

The microwave is easy to clean with the turntable lifting out and able to place in the dishwasher.   The grease filter is removable and hand washable.   Do not place the grease filter in the dishwasher.  There is also a charcoal filter located at the top of the microwave that needs to be replaced, not washed.  It is recommended to change this every 6 – 12 months.

The microwave is easy to use and the door is strong as well as the door handle.   There are no buttons to push to open the microwave.   The manual is written very well and explains all functions thoroughly including suggested times for the AUTO functions from beverages to fresh to frozen items.

I use the REHEAT touch pad daily as I freeze my lunches for myself and with the touch of REHEAT 3 times for 3 minutes, 50 seconds it will take my frozen meal through defrost and heating it.  The other preset times  for REHEAT are REHEAT pressing one time for 6 minutes, 45 seconds and REHEAT pressing two times for 4 minutes and 30 seconds.   The oven will start automatically and you do not need to press the START pad.

The preset pad for baked potatoes offers 4 choices depending on the size of your potato or how many potatoes that you have.  You just press the BAKED POTATO pad either one time, two times, three times or four times and it automatically starts without pushing the START pad.

The preset pad for POPCORN is touching the pad once or twice.

An important instruction to remember is when using the Auto pads, the oven must cool for 5 minutes between automatic functions or the food will not cook properly.

The only complaint I have with this microwave is that it is very loud.  We have an open concept design where the kitchen and living room are in what is better known as a Great Room.  I cannot hear conversations in the living room when the microwave is running and when I turn the vent on for the range it is loud as well.  This is the loudest microwave I have ever had and really didn’t expect this from Amana.  I just wished that the loudness factor had to be part of the specifications so consumers would be able to shop based on that as well especially since the Great Room concept in a home is prevalent now.

The 40 watt cook top light is really like a night light for the range and I rarely use it for cooking purposes.

The microwave looks attractive with the stainless steel option.  The door handle is black as well as the vent and sides of the microwave that you can barely see fitted in between cabinets.  The display area as well is also black with a red display.

If you are looking for an over the range microwave that is reliable I would recommend this one but be prepared for the loud running sound as that is my only complaint about this product.

Amount Paid (US$): Included

AMAN RMS10TS Amana Commercial Microwave Oven, 1000 Watts, Low Volume,

AMAN RMS10TS Amana Commercial Microwave Oven, 1000 Watts, Low Volume,

Amana Commercial Microwave Oven, 1000 Watts, Low Volume, Stainless Steel Exterior Wrap & Interior, 10 Menu Pads With Capacity To Program 20 Menus, 5 P...
Amana RC22S2 2200 Watt Heavy Duty Commercial Microwave Oven - All Stainless with Push Button Controls 208/240V

The powerful, 2200 watt Amana RC22S2 commercial microwave oven provides high performance that's ideal for rethermalizing, boost-heating, and stea...

Amana Rcs10ts 1000 Watt 5 Power Level Commercial Microwave Oven

Grover Brothers Restaurant Equipment (800)748-9717 Amana RCS10TS 1000 Watt 5 Power Level Commercial Microwave Oven Amana Commercial Microwave Oven, 10...

Amana RMS10T Commercial Microwave Oven, 120v, 1000W

Amana RMS10T Commercial Microwave Oven, 120v, 1000W

Product Description Amana Commercial Microwave Oven, 1000 watts, low volume, stainless steel exterior wrap & white powder coat painted interior, 10 me...

Amana Rcs10ts 1000 Watt 5 Power Level Commercial Microwave Oven

For sale is a new Amana RCS10TS 1000 Watt 5 Power Level Commercial Microwave Oven.This oven is BRAND NEW and has never been used.Enjoy free shipping o...

Amana RC30S2 3000 Watt Heavy Duty Commercial Microwave Oven - All Stainless with Push Button Controls 208/240V

The powerful, 3000 watt Amana RC30S2 commercial microwave oven provides high performance that's ideal for rethermalizing, boost-heating, and stea...

AMAN RCS10TS Amana Commercial Microwave Oven, 1000 Watts, Medium Volume,

AMAN RCS10TS Amana Commercial Microwave Oven, 1000 Watts, Medium Volume,

Amana Commercial Microwave Oven, 1000 Watts, Medium Volume, Stainless Steel Interior & Exterior, 10 Menu Pads With Capacity To Program 100 Menus, 5 Po...

Amana - HDC212 - 2100 Watt Commercial Microwave Oven

Amana - HDC212 - 2100 Watt Commercial Microwave Oven

* __Watts:__ 2,100 Watts * __Cabinet Capacity:__ .6 cu ft * __Control:__ Push Button * __Turntable:__ No * __Watts:__ 2,100 W
Amana White Over-The-Range Microwave Oven - AMV1150VAW

Amana White Over-The-Range Microwave Oven - AMV1150VAW

1.5 Cu. Ft. Capacity/ 1,000 Watts Cooking Power/ Auto Defrost/ Lockout Feature/ Scrolling Word Prompt Display/ Cooktop Surface Light With Timer Delay/...
Abt Electronics

Amana RC17S2 1700 Watt Heavy Duty Commercial Microwave Oven - All Stainless with Push Button Controls

The powerful, 1700 watt Amana RC17S2 commercial microwave oven provides high performance that's ideal for rethermalizing, boost-heating, and stea...