Amazon Kindle 2 6" eBook Reader (000101000000CNETKINDLE2)

Excellent for people with arthritis

Jun 21, 2011

Pros:lightweight; easy to use; sturdy and durable

Cons:many e-books have typos (an issue with the e-book, it affects the reading experience)

The Bottom Line: Excellent e-reader that is simple and intuitive to use; great for people with certain handicaps.

I have, from the very beginning, been against e-readers.  I have always loved holding a book in my hands and couldn't imagine doing otherwise.

And then my husband bought me the kindle for a gift.

I can't put it down!  The screen is easy to read and the kindle is so easy to navigate that I can't imagine anyone having any issues.  The extremely tech-savvy reader might be disappointed that it can't do more, but for a simple way to read books on the go it can't be beat.

My favorite feature - and I don't think that they do neary a good enough job of advertising this - is how lightweight the kindle is.  I have rheumetoid arthritis and struggle holding open and reading a book for much longer than about 20 minutes, especially if it is a dreaded hardcover.  The kindle does away with this struggle.  It doesn't tax my hands trying to hold a heavy book up or keep it open.  On particularly bad days, I would struggle to turn pages...clearly not a problem with the kindle.

For people with certain handicaps, the kindle has eased your reading experience and taken the pain out of something that should be painless.

The only drawback is that many e-books have typos.  This clearly affects your reading experience, although it is also the problem of the e-book, not the e-reader.  Issues are far more prevalent in books like romances than in histories or social reviews or even recent novels.

Amazon Kindle 2 3 Ebook Reader Wall Charger Adapter 3g

Amazon Kindle 2 3 Ebook Reader Wall Charger Adapter 3g

Great Price ! for Amazon Kindle series fit Kindle Fire, Touch, Keyboard, DX, and Kindle,Kindle 2 quality brand new travel wall charger 100V~240V input...

Amazon Kindle 3g Wifi 6 Ebook Reader Home Wall Charger

Amazon Kindle 3g Wifi 6 Ebook Reader Home Wall Charger

Great Price ! for Kindle for Amazon Kindle DX 2nd generation   model specification Kindle 2 Dx 100V~240V input Kindle 3 3G 5V, 1000mA output about 6...

Battery for Amazon Kindle 2 II eBook Reader Book eReader 2nd Generation Gen DX S11S01A DR-A011

Amazon Kindle 2 Dx Ebook Reader Ac Wall Charger Adapter

Amazon Kindle 2 Dx Ebook Reader Ac Wall Charger Adapter

for Amazon Kindle DX 2nd generation high quality brand new generic wall charger model specification Kindle 2 Dx 100V~240V input 5V, 1000mA output abou...

Amazon Kindle 2 3g Dx Wifi Ebook Reader Travel Charger

Amazon Kindle 2 3g Dx Wifi Ebook Reader Travel Charger

for Amazon Kindle DX 2nd generation high quality brand new wall charger model specification Kindle 2 Dx 100V~240V input Kindle 3 3G 5V, 1000mA output ...

Battery for Amazon Kindle 3 Kindle3 Wifi eBook Reader Mobile Portable Download Book s11gtsf01a New
Hqrp 1900mah Battery Fits Amazon Kindle 3 Wi-fi 3g Graphite Ebook Reader

Hqrp 1900mah Battery Fits Amazon Kindle 3 Wi-fi 3g Graphite Ebook Reader

HQRP 1900mAh 3.7V Rechargeable Battery compatible with Amazon Kindle 3 Wi-fi / 3G / Keyboard eBook Reader plu s Screwdriver General Features: HQRP Rec...

Battery for Amazon Kindle 1 eBook Reader Book 1st Generation Gen A00100 BA1001 IBYKB BPA-256 ERDA100

Battery 5-PACK for Amazon Kindle 3 Kindle3 Wifi eBook Reader Mobile Portable Book S11GTSF01A - 5x

PU Leather Flip Case for Amazon Kindle 3 eBook Reader - Navor (Black)

PU Leather Flip Case for Amazon Kindle 3 eBook Reader - Navor (Black)

This new Kindle 3 Case does double duty to protect and hold your back pocket belongings in one secure location.