American Crew 3.53oz Pomade Reviews

American Crew 3.53oz Pomade

American Crew Pomade: Excellent Soft Hold and my Personal Favorite

Jan 7, 2010

Pros:Soft hydrating hold, no stiffness, requires very small amount for best results

Cons:Need to shampoo hair between applications

The Bottom Line: I like a hair product that doesn't turn my hair stiff and doesn't have to be sprayed.  American Crew Pomade really fits those requirements.  I highly recommend it.

In my younger days, certainly long before I moved permanently to the steamy climes of South Florida, I wore my hair on the longish side.  It was somewhat shorter than my Woodstock, Summer of Love Days, but still stylishly long.  Well styles change, we grow older and long hair in 95F degree heat just doesn't work for me.

When my hair was long, as much as it might look like a fright-wig when I awoke, once I showered and blew it dry it was pretty much good to go.  Its sheer weight and length kept it more or less in place.  But these days I prefer to wear it short, not so dissimilar to the style I wore when I was in the Army.  It's very low maintenance and eminently more comfortable in a hot, humid climate.

Of course in my Army days I wasn't as concerned with how it looked on any given day, just that it stayed on top of my head.  These days I have a certain look that I prefer.  And, to achieve that look I depend on American Crew Pomade.

American Crew Pomade
Unlike many hair fixatives such as gels, sprays and mousse, American Crew Pomade holds my hair in place without stiffening it.  I hate that feeling.  This product produces a soft, medium hold that leaves my hair with a degree of wet look and shiny.  Ah, there's nothing so nice as evenly salt and pepper hair that is soft and shiny, and above all, in place.

How does it do it?
I think the secret of its powers can be found in a couple of the first four ingredients of its formula.  After water, the next most abundant ingredient is hydrogenated castor oil.  A little known factoid is that of all the oils commonly used in soap-making and hair-care products is that castor oil is among the most conditioning of oils.  It's known for its ability to attract and retain moisture.  Good choice here.  Then there's lanolin, long known for its ability to hold a sheen.  Of course there is also a long list of non-pronounceable ingredients that I'm sure aid in its holding ability. Who cares?

How to Use It
After showering, I towel dry my hair and then take a very small amount of pomade and rub it into my hands.  I then run my hands through my hair.  Taking a brush to my hair, it sets up nicely and gives my hair a bit of a wet spiky look to it.  No, it probably wouldn't have gone over to well in the US Army, but it has a nice current look to it.  Although it has castor oil in it, combined with all of the other ingredients the pomade is water soluble and rinses off your hands easily.

Performance
What is especially nice about American Crew Pomade is that it does indeed last all day.  Even if I put it on first thing in the morning, it's still giving me hold later in the evening.  This is pretty impressive considering it doesn't glue you hair in place.

While my hair is short and reasonably straight, American Crew Pomade is also recommended for controlling both curly and straight hair of longer lengths and giving a slicked back wet look.

Considerations
While it is possible to go a second morning without shampooing by simply putting a little water through your hair, it does seem to work best if it's washed out of your hair between applications.  Applying more pomade to unwashed hair results in a little too much oil upon oil, flattening your hair.

Bottom Line
I like a hair product that doesn't turn my hair stiff and doesn't have to be sprayed.  American Crew Pomade really fits those requirements.  At $10 - $15 for a 3.35 oz jar, it may sound a little pricy, but considering how little you use for each application, I find it quite reasonably priced.  And, if you know me, you know that I don't part with money easily.  I highly recommend American Crew Pomade.  Try it.

Rudi

Pomade For Hold & Shine By American Crew For Men - 3 Oz Pomade

Pomade For Hold & Shine By American Crew For Men - 3 Oz Pomade

Home View All Listings About Us Shipping Payment Feedback FAQ Store Newsletter Contact Us Pomade for Hold Shine by American Crew for Men - 3 oz Pomade...

American Crew Pomade, 3 oz

American Crew Pomade, 3 oz

American Crew Pomade is a smart addition to your hair styling routine. This American Pomade has a medium hold and a high shine, leaving your hair soft...

American Crew POMADE FOR HOLD AND SHINE 3 OZ for Men

American Crew POMADE FOR HOLD AND SHINE 3 OZ for Men

Color: Brown Features: POMADE FOR HOLD AND SHINE 3.53 OZ Fragrance Notes: citrus and spice. Recommended Use: daytime Buy American Crew Hair Styling Pr...
American Crew - Pomade (Medium Hold, High Shine) 3 oz

American Crew - Pomade (Medium Hold, High Shine) 3 oz

American Crew's Pomade is a medium hold, high shine pomade that is versatile and works on wet or dry hair. This product is safe for all hair types.
My Beauty Buy

American Crew Pomade For Hold & Shine By American Crew For Men 3 Oz Pomade

American Crew Pomade For Hold & Shine By American Crew For Men 3 Oz Pomade

American Crew 110062 American Crew 110062 Pomade for Hold Shine by American Crew for Men - 3 oz Pomade Description American Crew Pomade is an extremel...

American Crew Pomade 3 oz

American Crew Pomade 3 oz

Water-based formula rinses clean and offers smooth control with shine. Works well for curly hair.
Vitacost.com

American Crew Pomade 3.53 oz For Hold & Shine

American Crew Pomade 3.53 oz For Hold & Shine

American Crew Pomade 3.53 oz For Hold & Shine - Used to Mold or Sculpt Hair Styles, Helps to Restore Curl. Features Coconut Oil, Sage Ideal for Curly ...
DiscontinuedBeauty
American Crew Men Pomade For Hold & Shine 85g/3oz by American Crew

American Crew Men Pomade For Hold & Shine 85g/3oz by American Crew

Free Shipping worldwide. Recommended Retail: US$21.50 - Men Pomade For Hold & Shine-85g/3oz - haircare / cosmetics
StrawberryNET.com