American Girl - Bitty Twins Reviews

American Girl - Bitty Twins

American Girl and BOY! - Bitty Twins

Oct 12, 2002 (Updated Oct 12, 2002)

Pros:A Boy! and A Girl! Superb Craftsmanship.

Cons:Pricey But Worth It!

The Bottom Line: Superb quality and ever so cute, the American Girl - Bitty Twins continue to captivate playtime interest.

My hubby is outnumbered by 3 to 1 – unless of course you factor in the two ‘boy’ cats. So you add up all the girlie hormones and it becomes easy to realize that our home is literally full of American Girl splendor. You see I am just as excited about the doll splendor offered by this superior manufacturer as the girls are. So it goes without saying that we keep tabs on the new releases by American Girl.

We anticipated the release of American Girls Collection - Kaya Doll (http://www.epinions.com/content_78035259012) but hadn’t fathomed the potential of twins – Yes! Twins!

“Meet The Bitty Twins!
They’re sweet as sugar and full of spice… a little bit naughty but twice as nice! This brother and sister are two of a kind – giggly and mischievous at the best of friends.”

Finally American Girl has introduced a boy into the line up via inclusion in the new release of American Girl - Bitty Twins. We adore Bitty Baby (http://www.epinions.com/content_17079766660) so it pretty much goes without saying that I had to order the twins! I couldn’t wait to receive them and anticipated the moment they would be swaddled, changed, loved, and adored.

Thus the day arrived to release them from the packaging. Oh they really are gorgeous!
~*~ Not just the dolls, but the packaging too. This packaging is a must keep and went into the closet top. ~*~

If you aren’t familiar with American Girl dolls, let me assure you that they are the finest quality without any unwanted animation. It is all left to your child’s imagination. I really appreciate that these charming babies have nothing electronic or animated! I grow tired of the endless array of dolls needing batteries and providing the trick of the week. Unlike some of the dolls on the market, American Girl - Bitty Twins provide lasting longevity and foster your child’s imaginative play. And trust me when I tell you that this spectacular pair will delight your child!

The American Girl - Bitty Twins are 15”, have a soft cloth body portion and their head, arms, and legs are vinyl. I am especially appreciative of the size being like the other Bitty dolls – thus allowing for interchangeable outfits. **whew** These little cuties offer the superior attention to detail and craftsmanship that our family expects from all American Girl products. Their tiny hands form a delicate fist much like the reflex fist exhibited by babies. Marisa commented, “Oh Mom lookie bitty baby boys hands are like baby Blakes(a 7 month old that I care for)."

I just couldn’t be much happier with the $76.00 expense. Especially when my 7 year old is carrying her American Girl - Bitty Twins around morning and night (and all weekend long). She has fit a regimen into her schedule for the Bitty Twins. During the nighttime ritual she prepares her little ones for bed, prays for them, and reminds me to whisper because we must not wake them up. In the am she dresses them and – on school days – asks me to care for them. In the afternoons – during diaper changes for the daycare – she makes sure to care for her Bitty Twins. It is very precious and I honestly will tell you that the American Girl - Bitty Twins continue to captivate her play interest.

These little cuties have blonde tresses versus the painted on effect sported by previous Bitty Babies. The quality of hair is exceptional and it is recommended to use a wig brush for grooming.

The American Girl - Bitty Twins arrive wearing soft-to-the touch, hooded, velour sleepers. The girl is wearing a pink sleeper and the boy has a blue one on. Both sleepers are embellished with an embroidery design that includes a moon and two stars. Each doll has a diaper and the girl has a plaid ribbon for her hairbow.

As if all of that didn’t make the little ones cute enough, their eyelids open to reveal their charming baby blue eyes. Oh it is truly love at first site and a dream come true for the little one on your gift list.

I honestly believe we will witness a surge of Bitty Twin releases, offering other skin tones – eye coloring – and hair coloring. This set is spectacular and I will really have to refrain myself if American Girl introduces the twins with dark brown hair and brown eyes. How will I justify that purchase to my hubby? Ah, where there is a will there is a way… so come on American Girl offer more!!!!

The initial set includes a picture book, The Bitty Twins’ Midnight Secret. If you aren’t ready to purchase the Doll/Book set you can purchase the sleepers for $26.00.

In addition to the American Girl - Bitty Twins you might choose to also purchase the Play Outfits, Holiday Outfits, and the Double Stroller. For a better idea of what is offered I recommend you take a look at the online site:

You might choose to order the playtime set which includes the American Girl - Bitty Twins, two books, the double stroller, and the play outfit set. $145.00

The Play Outfit set is adorable with an appearance similar to the clothing offered via Gymboree. However I am not really fond of the turquoise and purple scheme for a boy. Honestly I am not sexist when it comes to apparel but I just don’t think that American Girl put enough thought into the color theme. However that set is another epinion.

Overall I highly recommend the American Girl - Bitty Twins, feel that the price of $76.00 is reasonable, and just know that the child in your life will adore receiving them!

Award Winning
- 2002 Winner of a National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA) Gold Award
- 2002 Parents' Choice Approved Award

Happy Parenting and Playing!
2002 - Lisa_J

Amount Paid (US$): 76.
Type of Toy: Playscene
Age Range of Child: 6 to 8 Years

The Queen's Treasures 15 Doll Clothes for American Girl Bitty Baby & Bitty Twins, red Dress Outfit, Cap, tights & Shoes

The Queen's Treasures Twin Rainbow Overalls Fits 15 American Girl Bitty Baby

The Queen's Treasures Twin Rainbow Overalls Fits 15 American Girl Bitty Baby

Twin Rainbow Overalls Fits 15 American Girl Bitty Baby

Simplicity 1952 Fits 15 Bitty Baby Twins Doll Clothes Pattern Backpack Uncut

Simplicity 1952 Fits 15 Bitty Baby Twins Doll Clothes Pattern Backpack Uncut

Simplicity 1952 fits 15 Bitty Baby Twins Doll Clothes Pattern Backpack UNCUT This Simplicity pattern 1952 was designed by Carla Reiss to fit the 15 Bi...

Simplicity 1937 Fits 15 Bitty Baby Twins Doll Clothes Pattern Layette Uncut

Simplicity 1937 Fits 15 Bitty Baby Twins Doll Clothes Pattern Layette Uncut

Simplicity 1937 fits 15 Bitty Baby Twins Doll Clothes Pattern Layette UNCUT This Simplicity 1937 pattern set includes coordinating ensembles for both ...

American Girl Bitty Baby Beach Sun Shade

American Girl Bitty Baby Beach Sun Shade

American Girl Bitty Baby Beach Sun Shade - ring a little shade wherever Bitty Baby goes! The soft mat is a comfy place for your girl to help her Baby ...
Simplicity 4268 Fit 15 Bitty Baby Alive Twins Doll Clothes Pattern Dressy Uncut

Simplicity 4268 Fit 15 Bitty Baby Alive Twins Doll Clothes Pattern Dressy Uncut

Simplicity 4268 fit 15 Bitty Baby Alive Twins Doll Clothes Pattern Dressy UNCUT This pattern set includes coordinating ensembles for both boy and girl...

American Girl Bitty Baby's Mini Elephant & Book

American Girl Bitty Baby's Mini Elephant & Book

Elephant and Book By Kirby Larson and Sue Cornelisonthe Discover the new Bitty Baby picture book collection from American Girl!Bitty Baby THE BRAVE Th...

Girl's Gund 'Itty Bitty Boo - Bear Suit' Stuffed Animal

Girl's Gund 'Itty Bitty Boo - Bear Suit' Stuffed Animal

The world's cutest dog strikes again in snuggly plush form, this time donning an adorable bear costume. Color(s): none. Brand: GUND INC.. Style Name: ...
Nordstrom

American Girl Bitty Baby Hedgehog & Book

American Girl Bitty Baby Hedgehog & Book

A little girl and Bitty Baby are planning a tea party, and they've invited the new girl next door-but what if she doesn't like tea parties or dressing...