American Girl - Bitty Twins Reviews

American Girl - Bitty Twins

Bitty Baby Twins - Gotta Have Them

Jan 4, 2003

Pros:Great Dolls. Well worth the money.

Cons:A little high in price, not enough boy clothes.

The Bottom Line: These make the perfect dolls for any little girl or boy.

Since my daughter just received Lindsey for her birthday, it was hard to justify buying the new twins that American Girl came out with. However, they are just adorable, and we had to have them. We decided it could be a Christmas gift for both daughters, and it all worked out.

We have Bitty Baby, and she has been loved for years. The twins are the same size as Bitty Baby and can share clothes and acessories. We purchased the set of twins, stroller, and play clothes for a total of $145. A little high in price, but American Girl has always wowed us with their great quality product, so we thought it was money well spent.

The twins were a shared Christmas gift for my five year old and my two year old. While the five year old knows how to care for a doll more, the two year old is just as capable of providing love. They absolutely love to play with their babies now. Although American Girl recommends age 3 and up for these dolls, I think that my younger daughter is getting along just fine. The doll is a little big for her small arms, but she adapts. I'm sure had we waited until she was a bit older, the twins would probably look a little nicer, but they are made to withstand the love they will receive.

If you are familiar at all with Bitty Baby, you will find that the twins are almost identical to her, except for the fact that you do not have the option of choosing different skin colors and different hair. The most wonderful difference is their hair. Bitty Baby has painted on hair that through the years has been chipped and smudged. The Bitty Baby twins has "real" looking hair. Therefore no smudges that will cause the baby to look abused. A wire wig brush is recommended for their hair, and American Girl offers a set of brush and mirror especially for the Twins. Another improvement over the Bitty Baby line is that the book included is a hard cover book. The book is of very nice quality.

Since we have Bitty Baby, we have also acquired quite a few outfits for her. Bitty Baby can share her clothes with the baby girl twin. The only downfall is that little brother is lacking in clothes. American Girl has only come out with the outfit that he comes in which is his sleeper, the play clothes outfit which consists of bib overalls, socks, shoes, and a little shirt, and the holiday dressy outfit, which we do not own. Little brother needs to find his own clothes.

The only other drawback besides lack of boy clothes is the price of the twins. Just the dolls are $76. That equals $38 for each doll. I've shopped around for dolls, and I think that the quality of an American Girl doll by far exceeds what you are going to pay $20 for at a retail store. So, in my opinion, the extra cost is worth it.

Type of Toy: Playscene
Age Range of Child: 3 to 5 Years

American Girl Bitty Twin Meet Outfit Argyle Tights For Girls Sz S/m 3-5

American Girl Bitty Twin Meet Outfit Argyle Tights For Girls Sz S/m 3-5

BRAND NEW AMERICAN GIRL ARGYLE TIGHTS FOR GIRLS These tights are sold out. Matches the Bitty Baby/Bitty Twins meet outfit. Brand new in package. From ...

American Girl Bitty Twin Jungle Play Tent (will fit two 16 inch dolls)
American Girl Bitty Baby or Twin Plaid Play Outfit for 16 Doll [DOLL IS NOT INCLUDED]

Newamerican Girl Bitty Baby Twin Doll Sweet Snowflake Dress For Girl's Size 3

Newamerican Girl Bitty Baby Twin Doll Sweet Snowflake Dress For Girl's Size 3

~~BRAND NEW with TAGS~~~~American Girl Sweet Snowflake Dress~~~~Girls size 3~~~~Includes BRAND NEW matching tights and headband (in original A.G. bag)...

Simplicity 1952 Fits 15 Bitty Baby Twins Doll Clothes Pattern Backpack Uncut

Simplicity 1952 Fits 15 Bitty Baby Twins Doll Clothes Pattern Backpack Uncut

Simplicity 1952 fits 15 Bitty Baby Twins Doll Clothes Pattern Backpack UNCUT This Simplicity pattern 1952 was designed by Carla Reiss to fit the 15 Bi...

BUNNY SLIPPERS WITH CUTE HEART SHAPED NOSE FOR AMERICAN GIRL DOLLS AND BITTY TWINS

Simplicity 1937 Fits 15 Bitty Baby Twins Doll Clothes Pattern Layette Uncut

Simplicity 1937 Fits 15 Bitty Baby Twins Doll Clothes Pattern Layette Uncut

Simplicity 1937 fits 15 Bitty Baby Twins Doll Clothes Pattern Layette UNCUT This Simplicity 1937 pattern set includes coordinating ensembles for both ...