American Girl - Bitty Twins Reviews

American Girl - Bitty Twins

Bitty Baby Twins - Gotta Have Them

Jan 4, 2003

Pros:Great Dolls. Well worth the money.

Cons:A little high in price, not enough boy clothes.

The Bottom Line: These make the perfect dolls for any little girl or boy.

Since my daughter just received Lindsey for her birthday, it was hard to justify buying the new twins that American Girl came out with. However, they are just adorable, and we had to have them. We decided it could be a Christmas gift for both daughters, and it all worked out.

We have Bitty Baby, and she has been loved for years. The twins are the same size as Bitty Baby and can share clothes and acessories. We purchased the set of twins, stroller, and play clothes for a total of $145. A little high in price, but American Girl has always wowed us with their great quality product, so we thought it was money well spent.

The twins were a shared Christmas gift for my five year old and my two year old. While the five year old knows how to care for a doll more, the two year old is just as capable of providing love. They absolutely love to play with their babies now. Although American Girl recommends age 3 and up for these dolls, I think that my younger daughter is getting along just fine. The doll is a little big for her small arms, but she adapts. I'm sure had we waited until she was a bit older, the twins would probably look a little nicer, but they are made to withstand the love they will receive.

If you are familiar at all with Bitty Baby, you will find that the twins are almost identical to her, except for the fact that you do not have the option of choosing different skin colors and different hair. The most wonderful difference is their hair. Bitty Baby has painted on hair that through the years has been chipped and smudged. The Bitty Baby twins has "real" looking hair. Therefore no smudges that will cause the baby to look abused. A wire wig brush is recommended for their hair, and American Girl offers a set of brush and mirror especially for the Twins. Another improvement over the Bitty Baby line is that the book included is a hard cover book. The book is of very nice quality.

Since we have Bitty Baby, we have also acquired quite a few outfits for her. Bitty Baby can share her clothes with the baby girl twin. The only downfall is that little brother is lacking in clothes. American Girl has only come out with the outfit that he comes in which is his sleeper, the play clothes outfit which consists of bib overalls, socks, shoes, and a little shirt, and the holiday dressy outfit, which we do not own. Little brother needs to find his own clothes.

The only other drawback besides lack of boy clothes is the price of the twins. Just the dolls are $76. That equals $38 for each doll. I've shopped around for dolls, and I think that the quality of an American Girl doll by far exceeds what you are going to pay $20 for at a retail store. So, in my opinion, the extra cost is worth it.

Type of Toy: Playscene
Age Range of Child: 3 to 5 Years

American Girl Bitty Baby Twin Camo Jumper Outfit for Dolls + Book

American Girl Bitty Baby Twin Camo Jumper Outfit for Dolls + Book

American Girl Bitty Baby Twin Camo Jumper Outfit for Dolls + BookDOLL NOT INCLUDED - CLOTHES ONLY
The Queen's Treasures 15 Doll Clothes for American Girl Bitty Baby & Bitty Twins, red Dress Outfit, Cap, tights & Shoes

Toddler Girls M 7 8 American Girl Bitty Baby Twins Blue Red Hearts Slippers Shoe

Brand New In Plastic Package -Authentic American Girl Doll Bitty Baby Slippers for Toddler Girls - Size M 7/8 Light Blue with Red Plaid Trim - Bottom ...
The Queen's Treasures Twin Rainbow Overalls Fits 15 American Girl Bitty Baby

The Queen's Treasures Twin Rainbow Overalls Fits 15 American Girl Bitty Baby

Twin Rainbow Overalls Fits 15 American Girl Bitty Baby

The Queen's Treasures 15 Doll Clothes for American Girl Bitty Baby & Bitty Twins, Soft Teddy Bear Cub Sleeper Pajamas

The Queen's Treasures 15 Doll Clothes for American Girl Bitty Baby & Bitty Twins, Soft Teddy Bear Cub Sleeper Pajam...

The Queen's Treasures 15 Doll Clothes for American Girl Bitty Baby & Twins, Green & Cream Overalls, shirt ,jacket & Shoes

American Girl - Bitty Baby Doll Light Skin Dark Brown Hair Brown Eyes BB2
American Girl Bitty Baby Pink Heart Beige Ballerina Dance Tights - Girl 6/7 L/xl

American Girl Bitty Baby Light beige tights with pink heart flower print. Girls Size: L/XL (Size 6/7, Weight 50-60 lbs, Height 46-52) Brand New in Pac...

American Girl Crafts - Bitty Beaded Rings Activity Birthday Express

American Girl Crafts - Bitty Beaded Rings Activity Birthday Express

Get crafty with this American Girl project! Includes (1) project and idea booklet, (4) style beads, (26) chip beads, (138) large beads, (216) small be...
Birthday Express

American Girl Bitty Baby Fancy Sweater Dress And Hat For Girls Sz 6 Beige Silver

Brand New With Tags - Retail Price $74.00 Authentic American Girl Doll Bitty Baby Bitty Baby Fancy Sweater Dress and Matching Hat For Girls Size 6 Dre...