American Girl Bitty Twins' Wagon Reviews

American Girl Bitty Twins' Wagon

ratings (1 Epinions review)

American Girl Bitty Twins Wagon: Bumping Up And Down In My Little Red Wagon

Aug 15, 2012

Pros:Solid, fun to play with, easy to steer

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: My girls love playing with their Bitty Twins wagon.

My oldest daughter and I started collecting American Girl dolls last fall.  Between resale shop finds and hand-me-downs, we quickly amassed a sizable collection.  My younger daughters are twins, who turned three at the beginning of June.  They are a little young for the American Girl dolls, but I knew that they liked playing with dolls.  I got the girls a set of American Girl Bitty Twins.  These dolls are a little smaller than the full sized American Girl dolls, and they are intended for younger children.  The official recommendation is 3+.

My girls just absolutely love their Bitty Twins.  We have a blonde boy and girl, and their names are Emily and Boy.  In addition to the dolls, the girls received Bitty Twin accessories from a few of our relatives.

One of the things that they got from their grandparents was the Bitty Twins Wagon.  This is one of the pieces that they would gravitate toward when we went to the American Girl store, so we knew it would be a hit.
While this wagon is not nearly the same size as our Radio Flyer wagon, it is the perfect size for toddlers and preschoolers.   There is plenty of room in the wagon for the two Bitty Twins and plenty of other stuff.  The wagon handle is the perfect height for smaller children.  My twins (approximately 36 inches tall) and my older daughter (44 inches tall) have no trouble pulling this wagon around the house by the handle.  I am quite petite, and at 59 inches, I am the size of a large child.  I have to stoop if I want to pull the wagon by the handle.  This is something to keep in mind if you’d like to give this wagon as a gift and you do not have the opportunity to visit a store.

The wagon is red, with green wheels and a blue handle.  There is also a blue door that opens up on one side to let people onto the wagon.  This is a nice detail, but since we’re dealing with dolls and not real children, it’s not exactly the most functional of additions.  There’s no need to have the dolls access the wagon via the door- they can just be placed in the wagon.  I haven’t really noticed my girls using the door to the wagon in their play, but perhaps they will begin to incorporate the door into their play schemes, as they get more sophisticated.  I was initially worried about the door to the wagon; on one of our first trips to the American Girl store almost a year ago, my older daughter was playing with the wagon and the door came off.  I was worried that this might be a problem for us; I envisioned us constantly popping the door into place.  However, I am pleased to report that in two months, the door has fallen off only one time.

Like the Bitty Twins stroller that we have, this wagon gets played with every day.  Emily and Boy go for rides in the wagon quite frequently, but sometimes other stuffed animals like Sleeping Beauty and Baloo get a turn.  Sometimes the girls will load up various toys and transport them from one end of the house to the other.

The wagon is easy to steer.  Like a real wagon, the rear wheels are on a fixed axle, but the front wheels have an axle that pivots depending on which direction the handle is turned.

I would absolutely recommend the Bitty Twins wagon.  In fact, if you are planning to purchase the Bitty Twins, I would suggest that you purchase the Twins a la carte instead of purchasing the Starter Collection.  Then, add the wagon to your purchase.  The wagon is much studier than the rolling carrier included in the Starter Collection, and this.  This comes out to less than the Starter Collection.  You’ll lose out on a couple of articles of clothing (separates, not complete outfits) and some little toys, but I think the wagon will lead to more play than the toys would.  My girls love their Bitty Twin wagon, and I’m very grateful for the gift.

Thank you to Christal for adding this product to the database for me.

Amount Paid (US$): gift

American Girl Bitty Baby Twin Camo Jumper Outfit for Dolls + Book

American Girl Bitty Baby Twin Camo Jumper Outfit for Dolls + Book

American Girl Bitty Baby Twin Camo Jumper Outfit for Dolls + BookDOLL NOT INCLUDED - CLOTHES ONLY
The Queen's Treasures 15 Doll Clothes for American Girl Bitty Baby & Bitty Twins, red Dress Outfit, Cap, tights & Shoes

Toddler Girls M 7 8 American Girl Bitty Baby Twins Blue Red Hearts Slippers Shoe

Brand New In Plastic Package -Authentic American Girl Doll Bitty Baby Slippers for Toddler Girls - Size M 7/8 Light Blue with Red Plaid Trim - Bottom ...
The Queen's Treasures Twin Rainbow Overalls Fits 15 American Girl Bitty Baby

The Queen's Treasures Twin Rainbow Overalls Fits 15 American Girl Bitty Baby

Twin Rainbow Overalls Fits 15 American Girl Bitty Baby

The Queen's Treasures 15 Doll Clothes for American Girl Bitty Baby & Bitty Twins, Soft Teddy Bear Cub Sleeper Pajamas

The Queen's Treasures 15 Doll Clothes for American Girl Bitty Baby & Bitty Twins, Soft Teddy Bear Cub Sleeper Pajam...

American Girl - Bitty Baby Doll Light Skin Dark Brown Hair Brown Eyes BB2
American Girl Bitty Baby Pink Heart Beige Ballerina Dance Tights - Girl 6/7 L/xl

American Girl Bitty Baby Light beige tights with pink heart flower print. Girls Size: L/XL (Size 6/7, Weight 50-60 lbs, Height 46-52) Brand New in Pac...

American Girl Crafts - Bitty Beaded Rings Activity Birthday Express

American Girl Crafts - Bitty Beaded Rings Activity Birthday Express

Get crafty with this American Girl project! Includes (1) project and idea booklet, (4) style beads, (26) chip beads, (138) large beads, (216) small be...
Birthday Express

Girl's Gund 'Itty Bitty Boo - Bear Suit' Stuffed Animal

Girl's Gund 'Itty Bitty Boo - Bear Suit' Stuffed Animal

Nordstrom Holiday Savings: Save Up To 30% On Select Items. The world's cutest dog strikes again in snuggly plush form, this time donning an adorable b...
Nordstrom

The Queen's Treasures 15 Doll Clothes for American Girl Bitty Baby & Twins, Green & Cream Overalls, shirt ,jacket & Shoes