Anacin Extra Strength

Anacin Extra Strength

Oct 23, 2001 (Updated Oct 23, 2001)

Pros:Inexpensive pain relief.

Cons:Can cause jitters with the caffeine that is added.

The Bottom Line: Fast pain relief when you need it.

Now that the cold and flu season is fast approaching I have been trying to stock up on a few of the items that my family might need just in case they do come down with something.

One of the things that we all find quite helpful during that season is Anacin Extra Strength aspirin.

The company that manufacturers Anacin Extra Strength has been around for a very long time and seem to know what is needed for those times of illness. They know what it takes to relieve those achy joints, head and get rid of that fever so that you can get on the road to feeling better.

Anacin Extra Strength is one product that my mother relied on and one I rely on to make my family feel better.

With a cold or flu you just want to feel better and that is what Anacin Extra Strength does for you. Not just a little better or somewhat better but a whole lot better.

If doesn't get rid of the flu or cold because it wasn't designed for that but it sure nips those aches and pains right where they hurt.

Within thirty minutes after taking the Anacin Extra Strength I notice that my husband, children or i are resting much more comfortably and getting the rest that all of us need while sick.

In my family we also take Anacin Extra Strength when we don't have the flu or colds.

I know all of us have had those days that we just plain don't feel good but can't put a finger on what is wrong. My Grandmother told me years ago when that happened to me just to take one Anacin Extra Strength and see how it did and it worked.

We also use if for other types of aches and pains, you know the ones you get when you decide it's time to take on the world by cleaning the house or yard.

I don't mean just the weekly cleaning but move that furniture type cleaning and the next morning you can hardly get out of bed because you have things that aches and places aching that you didn't even know you had. I now take two Anacin Extra Strength just before I go to bed after a day like that and I don't wake up unable to walk muchless feed myself.

I have used the Anacin Extra Strength for the pain I sometimes get in my left knee and it helps ease it so I can get on with my life.

I take two Anacin Extra Strength and sit down for an hour with a heating pad on my knee and I can feel it starting to work.

My Mother has suffered with arthritis pain for years and swears that Anacin Extra Strength has helped her more than any prescription drug she has tried.

To me the Anacin Extra Strength is one of the better over the counter pain relievers out there. It just does wonders for me and my family.

If you are aspirin sensitive then don't use the Anacin Extra Strength as it can cause stomach upset and if caffeine bothers you then I would avoid this product.

Anacin Extra Strength comes in caplets and tablets. for around $7.99 for a box of 100 tablets or box of 75 caplets.

The Anacin Extra Strength is coated for easier swallowing. That makes it nice so it doesn't dissolve on the back of your tongue and cause that awful bitter taste that seems to last for hours nor does it get stuck in your throat.

Indications:
For the temporary relief of minor aches and pains associated with headache, a cold, muscular aches, backache, toothache, premenstrual and menstrual cramps and the minor pain of arthritis.

Directions:
Adults and children 12 years of age and older: 2 tablets with a full glass of water every 6 hours while symptoms persist, or as directed by a doctor. Do not exceed 8 tablets in 24 hours.
Do not give to children under 12 years of age.

Ingredients:
Active Ingredients: Each tablet contains:: Aspirin (500 mg), Caffeine (32 mg)

Inactive Ingredients:
Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Polyethylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Starch

Drug Interaction Precautions:
Do not take this product if you are taking a prescription drug for anticoagulation (thinning the blood), diabetes, gout or arthritis unless directed by a doctor.

Warnings:
Children and teenagers should not use this medicine for chicken pox or flu symptoms before a doctor is consulted about Reye syndrome, a rare but serious illness reported to be associated with aspirin. Do not take this product if you have asthma, an allergy to aspirin, stomach problems (such as heartburn, upset stomach, or stomach pain) that persist or recur, ulcers or bleeding problems, or if ringing in the ears or a loss of hearing occurs, unless directed by a doctor. Do not take this product for pain for more than 10 days unless directed by a doctor. If pain persists or gets worse, if new symptoms occur, or if redness or swelling is present , consult a doctor because these could be signs of a serious condition. As with any drug. If you are pregnant or nursing a baby, seek the advice of a health professional before using this product. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless specifically directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery. Keep this and all drugs out of the reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, seek professional assistance or contact a poison control center immediately.

Alcohol Warning:
If you consume 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day, ask you doctor whether you should take aspirin or other pain relievers or fever reducers. Aspirin may cause stomach bleeding.

The above came from the box and bottle of Anacin Extra Strength.

Thanks for reading.

Anacin Fast Pain Relief Coated Tablets w/Aspirin & Caffeine Pain Reliever 300 Ct

Anacin Fast Pain Relief Tablets are easy to take and relieve pain for up to six hours. The Aspirin Pain Relief Coated Tablets are coated with a sweet ...

Emerson Healthcare Pain Reliever Anacin® Tablet 100 Per Bottle 200 mg, 100EA/BT - MON16272700

Temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to: headache, a cold, muscular aches, arthritis, toothache, menstrual crampsFreshness Guarantee: Betty ...
BettyMills.com