Andre Extra Dry Non Vintage 750ml Champagne and Sparkling Wine Reviews

Andre Extra Dry Non Vintage 750ml Champagne and Sparkling Wine

Andre: The Champagne of Champagnes

Sep 25, 2008 (Updated Sep 25, 2008)

Pros:Cheap, Light, Sweet

Cons:It's a bit watered down. It is also quite dry.

The Bottom Line: For a very, VERY cheap bottle of champagne, Andre is the drink of choice.

For roughly 4$, you can buy this inexpensive bottle of champagne. Though not very expensive, it isn't bad for it being roughly the cost of a loaf of bread.

Andre is the perfect champagne for young college kids with no money in their pockets. It is inexpensive, and is a great way to celebrate. My roommate recently received a job at a Wall Street firm, and I proceeded to pop open a bottle of Andre to celebrate. No one expects you to purchase a really expensive bottle, but they still appreciate the gesture.

For many college women who don't enjoy the taste of beer, Andre is the perfect choice. Alcohol wise it is the equivalent of four 12 oz. beers. But it tastes much better and has far fewer calories.

What is also nice about Andre is that it comes in many different flavors. You can choose from regular, pink, peach, and strawberry. I personally like the regular flavor, but many of my girlfriends enjoy the peach due to its sweet taste.

However, with any champagne, too much of it can cause a serious hangover, so drink with caution. The extra carbonation in the Andre also causes you to feel drunk quicker, so take that into account when consuming Andre.

Another bonus of Andre is that it can be re-corked, which means you can drink some and save some for later.

Year: 2002
Winery Name: Andre Champagne Cellars
Varietal: Champagne
Designation: Charmat Method Sparkling Wine: Secondary Fermentation Before Bottling
Country: USA