Angelo's Pizza West 57th St Reviews

Angelo's Pizza West 57th St

ratings (1 Epinions review)

Angelo's Pizza West 57th St. Manhattan: Just Two blocks From Central Park

Sep 27, 2010 (Updated Sep 27, 2010)

Pros:Accommodating wait staff
Great location
Excellent "Real Pizza."

Cons:Angelo's antipasti was a bit too lean for this big guy.

The Bottom Line:

Angelo's Pizza was a fine mix of a staff that cared, great pizza and a location nearby Central Park.

Angelo's Pizza has two extra special plus features. Great location and excellent pizza!

My wife and I have been continuing a tradition with our grand children taking them into the city, doing the Victorian Gardens Amusement area in Central Park and adding either a visit to the Central Park Zoo or FAO, Swartz, the Mega toy store. Afterward we get something to eat at a sit-down restaurant. We drive in using a parking garage on 58th street so proximity to all is excellent being Central Park with it's horse drawn carriages starts on 59th Street, FAO on 58th and Angelo's Pizza is on 57th. All are but two avenues apart.

Angelo and His Pizza

Angelo's Pizza is the creation Angelo who according to the take-out menu came to America in the 1930s working a lifetime making great pizza including his own place in Brooklyn.   As time passed, Angelo lamented that there were only a handful of places left that made what he calls Real Pizza. "The crust has to be blackened and crisp! Only fresh mozzarella and tomatoes...!"  This genuine passion for pizza has passed on to the family's next generation as his children and nephews  continue his tradition of excellent pizza making.

One taste of a slice and I quickly understood what Angelo was talking about!

Angelo's Pizza on 57th

Walking into Angelo's I could smell the wonderful aromas but it was the personal service of the staff that has me writing this review. We spied a few tables outside a small storefront. People were enjoying the Italian food and lovely weather. My wife and I  walked in with a stroller and three grand daughters. We were immediately met and asked in saying they would place our stroller to the side and accommodate us right away. And they did.

We stayed on the lower level. Many were escorted to large dining room upstairs and where the rest rooms are.  This isn't a fancy place but it does have old NYC charm.

Our server was quick to ask for drink orders.

The menu at Angelo's Pizza also offers many of the usual Italian dishes one might expect. Calzone, Spaghetti Pomodoro, Penne many different ways, , Fettuccini Carbonara, Ravioli, Rigatoni and much more. Salads and soups, paninis and hero's are also available. For locals they do deliver.

I had Angelo's Antipasti that was a mix of olives, anchovy, roasted pepper, an extremely thin slice of parmigiana cheese (they must have used a micrometer at small setting)  and prosciutto. I thought it a bit overpriced, $10, for what they gave. With that we also shared an individual order of lasagna. (Great flavour and sauce)  With the appetizers we were also brought bread.  Of course we ordered pizza, a peperoni pie. It was excellent and cooked just the way Angelo professed. Slightly burned underneath making a crispy crust and fresh mozzarella, (you can really tell the difference) with fresh tomatoes on top. It was wonderful.

A large regular pie is $17. Add more depending on topping choice.

pops Last Licks

The location made this a good stop for us to eat without breaking the bank. The food really was good. That Real Pizza was quite crispy, the way I happen to like my pie. Though the antipasti was a bit lean we do plan to make this a stop again. I was extremely impressed with the wait staff who were very welcoming to us with our grand daughters. We may try to get seating outside on the street next time even though we were very comfortable where we were.

Central Park Plenty to do and read about including Victorian Gardens, The Zoo and much about the area.

ANGELOS FRENTZOS - PANTS - Casual pants

Straight leg cut Mid Rise Hook-and-bar, zip Four pockets Stitching Contrasting applications Gabardine wool Gabardine wool Woven

ANGELOS FRENTZOS - PANTS - Casual pants

Mid Rise Zip closure No pockets Darted waistline Plain weave Solid color No appliqués Woven

ANGELOS FRENTZOS - TOPS & TEES - Short sleeve t-shirts

ANGELOS FRENTZOS - TOPS & TEES - Short sleeve t-shirts

Jersey Solid color Round collar Short sleeves No pockets Print No appliqués Jersey Woven No zip No hood not made of fur Maniche corte

ANGELOS FRENTZOS - PANTS - Casual pants

Wide leg cut High waisted Zip closure Pleated detailing Darts Plain weave Plain weave Woven

ANGELOS FRENTZOS - DRESSES - 3/4 length dresses

ANGELOS FRENTZOS - DRESSES - 3/4 length dresses

Sleeveless No appliqués Ruches No pockets Unlined No fastening Crêpe Solid color Claudine or round collar Crêpe Woven No zip No hood not made of fur ...

ANGELOS FRENTZOS - PANTS - Casual pants

Straight leg cut High waisted Belt loops Hook-and-bar, zip Four pockets Stitching Plain weave Plain weave Woven

ANGELOS FRENTZOS - PANTS - Casual pants

Mid Rise Zip closure Single pocket Cuffed hems No appliqués Cotton twill Solid color Woven not made of fur

ANGELOS FRENTZOS - PANTS - Casual pants

Straight leg cut Mid Rise Belt loops Hook-and-bar, zip Four pockets Stitching Plain weave Plain weave Woven

ANGELOS FRENTZOS - SKIRTS - 3/4 length skirts

ANGELOS FRENTZOS - SKIRTS - 3/4 length skirts

No appliqués Side closure Zip closure No pockets Lined interior Silk shantung Iridescent effect Solid color Tunic style Woven

ANGELOS FRENTZOS - PANTS - Casual pants

Straight leg cut Mid Rise Zip closure Button closing hemline Stitching Darts Gabardine wool Gabardine wool Woven

Ads by Google