First Aid Animals' Apawthecary Tinkle Tonic 1oz Bottle

Tinkle Tonic - Helpful for Animals with Urinary Tract Issues

Jul 22, 2011

Pros:seems to help with urinary tract symptoms in animals

Cons:tastes kind of nasty, can be hard to administer

The Bottom Line: Tinkle Tonic helped with my cat's urinary tract issues while waiting for his surgery and after.

We bought Tinkle Tonic at the suggestion of our holistic vet for our cat with FLUTD, which stands for Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disorder. Basically FLUTD is a set of symptoms including crystals in the urine, and mainly inflammation. My poor kitty Tinkerbelle has suffered from a bunch of different inflammatory issues since he was a kitten and this one did not escape him either. The biggest problem with FLUTD is that male cats can get blocked up since their urinary tract opening is smaller than the females. With my cat he eventually had to have surgery called a PU to have his urinary tract altered to resemble that of a female. This totally eliminated the problem with the FLUTD and getting blocked up, but until he had the surgery we did find that the Tinkle Tonic was helpful.

What is in Tinkle Tonic

Active Ingredients - Couchgrass, Echinacea (purpurea), Marshmallow, Dandelion, and Horsetail

Inactive Ingredients
- Vegetable glycerin USP, distilled water. Alcohol-free

Tinkle Tonic Dosage

Cat & Small Dogs
    10 - 20 Drops (0.25 mL - 0.5 mL) 1 - 3 times daily
Medium & Large Dogs     20 - 40 Drops (0.5 mL - 1 mL) 1 - 3 times daily

What Tinkle Tonic looks and tastes like

This may sound weird but I wanted to know what this tasted like so I did try it. The liquid is a little thicker than water and a very dark color like prune juice. The taste is a little strong and sweet but kinda nasty at the same time. The sweetness tastes similar to honey. I am not sure what ingredient produces the sweetness. The tastes quickly subsides after administration, so at least when I tried it, it did not leave a nasty taste in my mouth for long.

How to give this to your cat (or dog)

I have never used this on my dog but we did use it on the cat daily for quite some time. I figured out how much of the dropper would be filled for the amount of drops needed and just opened his mouth and squirted it as far back as possible. He did not like it but he would take it and was not able to spit it out if I got it in right. If your dog or cat will still eat their food with this mixed in, you can do that, or mix with water. The problem I have with the cat is that he will not eat the food if I add this so I had to get it in separately.

How well Tinkle Tonic worked for my cat

I would like to say that this is some kind of miracle cure, but it would take more than a supplement to fix my kitty. Part of the problem is that after repeated infections the kitty developed some scar tissue causing him to block up more easily and thus requiring a surgical fix. I do believe that the Tinkle Tonic helps with the inflammation and perhaps to ward off an infection. I am not sure that I would give this every day because of the Echinacea which I know that you are not supposed to take daily as it can stimulate the immune system which is not something you want to do on an every day basis. While Echinacea is great for occasional use, it is not suggested on a daily basis.

The surgery that Tinkerbelle had, while it did fix the blockage issue permanently, he is still prone to the inflammation from the FLUTD. After his surgery we used the tinkle tonic for awhile while he was healing and keep it on hand if he ever exhibits any signs of a problem but have not had to use it in awhile. He is now on prednisone for IBD though and I have a feeling that it also calms the inflammation in his urinary tract.

Thanks for reading my review

If you have questions or comments about Tinkle Tonic feel free to leave them in the comments section. I always respond to questions so make sure to click to receive notification of new comments if you leave one.

:-)

Becky

Animals' Apawthecary - Tinkle Tonic - Herbal Tincture for Dogs and Cats - 2 oz. Bottle

Animals' Apawthecary - Tinkle Tonic - Herbal Tincture - 1 oz. Bottle by Animals' Apawthecary [Pet Supplies]

Animal Essential Apawthecary Tinkle Tonic (urinary Tract ) Dog & Cat Choose Size

Little Family Members 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed! *NIP* Animal Essential APAWTHECARY TINKLE TONIC (Urinary Tract ) Dog Cat CHOOSE SIZE This is a var...

Animal Essentials Apawthecary TINKLE TONIC for Urinary Tract Health 4 oz Dog ~Cat

Animals' Apawthecary Fidodent Mouth Formula
Only Natural Pet

Animals' Apawthecary FidoDerm Herbal Spray
Only Natural Pet

Animals Apawthecary Echinacea/goldenseal Blend For Dogs And Cats 1oz

Animals Apawthecary Echinacea/goldenseal Blend For Dogs And Cats 1oz

The Lotoons Store NEW Animals Apawthecary Echinacea/Goldenseal Blend for Dogs and Cats 1oz 1. NO SALES TAX 2. LOW COST EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR US BUYER...

Animal Essential Apawthecary Senior Blend Immune System Support For Dogs & Cats

Animal Essential Apawthecary Senior Blend Immune System Support For Dogs & Cats

Little Family Members 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed! *NIP* Animal Essential APAWTHECARY SENIOR BLEND Immune System Support For Dogs Cats This is a vari...