Another Gay Sequel: Gays Gone Wild!

Epinions Product Rating: Disappointing

The worst movie I've seen in a long time

May 30, 2009
  • User Rating: Disappointing

• Action Factor:
  • Special Effects:
  • Suspense:

Pros:I didn't dislike the young gay characters

Cons:but loathed the script

The Bottom Line: Flee if someone puts it in a DVD player near you!

Plot Details: This opinion reveals everything about the movie's plot.

I don't really remember the 2006 "Another Gay Movie" very well. The trailer for it included on the DVD release of the 2008  "Another Gay Sequel" reminds me that it was about four  suburban California gay guys of 17 or 18 trying to lose their virginity. I liked the nerdiest of the four, Griff (Mitch Morris) and have forgotten the variants on "American Pie" and "Porky's" and the racism.

The four young gay guys (three played by different actors in the sequel) set off to Fort Lauderdale ("Where the Boys Are") for Spring Break and participate in a gay resort that has a contest called "Gays Gone Wild" emceed by RuPaul. There are points for some strange sports, like human shuffleboard, but the primary way to score points is to, um, score.

Our Californians don't seem at all ready for the promiscuity big time. The queeniest one (and I mean space alien queeny), Nico (Jonah Blechman) is invisible to men wanting to have sex with men. Neither the sweetly nerdy Griff (Aaron Michael Davies)  or his very hunky partnered Jarrod (Jimmy Clabots)  is  ready to open their monogamous relationship. One of the few facets of the mostly revolting movie that I like is that Griff scores while Jarrod  frets after his fantasy date ends badly.

The only other one beyond a lot of attractive male backsides in and out of skimpy bathing suits is that the Asian member of the clique of Jaspers (Brandon Lim) who are the defending champions is a top.

The bathhouse zombie nightmare sequence is only the most blatantly anti-sex part of the movie. There are also crab lice that are crab size, lubricant that is really glue, and a sequence of projectile vomit that I thought would never end.

There is a tedious romance between Andy (Jake Mosser) and a Cuban virgin Luis (Euriamis Losada) delivering the abstinence (waiting) message.

I can't imagine any non-gay audience for the movie. I found much of it repulsive, stupid, and lame, especially the "guest stars" (Perez Hilton in addition to RuPaul and the ghosts of Joan Crawford and Bette Davis from "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane"?) and the musical numbers. I would not recommend this movie to anyone of any age or any sexual orientation.

The DVD has many bonus features, but having wasted 95 minutes of my life on the movie, I did not watch any — except the trailer for "Another Gay Movie," which I watched to refresh my memory before pushing "play movie."

Viewing Format: DVD
Suitability For Children: Not suitable for Children of any age

Another Gay Movie & Another Gay Sequel: Gays Gone [Blu-ray] (2005)

Another Gay Movie & Another Gay Sequel: Gays Gone [Blu-ray] (2005)

Product Information Actors: Michael Carbonaro, Jake Mosser, Jonathan Chase, Jimmy Clabots, Jonah Blechman Directors: Todd Stephens Format: Blu-ray, Do...