Apple & Eve Naturally Cranberry Juice 1/2 Gallon 64 Floz

100% Juice -- No Sugar Added ... Apple & Eve Naturally Cranberry

Dec 23, 2007

Pros:health benefits from cranberry juice, nice flavor, easy store bottle

Cons:not 100% cranberry juice, some concentrates

The Bottom Line: Our family enjoys this cranberry drink. It's good to have a healthy beverage in the house.

Considering that I lived most of my years in Massachusetts (cranberry bogs galore), it seems strange not to have been introduced to cranberry juice earlier. Now I always keep a bottle of Apple & Eve Naturally Cranberry Juice in the refrigerator.

Description

This cranberry juice comes packaged in a clear rectangular 64-ounce bottle. It has a red lid, and a plastic band around the bottle lists all the product information. Since this bottle is a tall rectangular shape, it fits well on my refrigerator shelf.

The side of the bottle clearly states Apple and Eve guarantees 100% satisfaction of the cranberry juice. Their toll-free phone number is clearly marked on the side of the container along with their website address.

If you live in Maine or Hawaii, there is a 5-cent deposit on the bottle.

Our Family Experiences

What appealed to me is that this juice is 100% juice with no sugar added. It's also calcium fortified and has 100% daily value of Vitamin C per serving size. What is a bit misleading (and in fine print on the label) is that this "cranberry" juice is a "flavored blend of four juices from concentrate". With a name like "Naturally Cranberry", I expected 100% cranberries.

This is a delicious juice. It has a tart taste and a dark, red rich color reminiscent of cranberries. It's a satisfying drink. Since this cranberry juice is flavored with apple, pear, and aronia berry, it is not as tart as a 100% cranberry juice. That suits me just fine.

I tend to sip this juice in small amounts. I'm not a big fan of tart juice, but I realize the health benefits of cranberry juice. Other family members don't hesitate to pour large glasses of this juice any time during the day.

Awhile ago I was visiting a friend who was going through several health problems. Her health professional recommended she drink cranberry juice to help cleanse her system. Benefits of drinking cranberry juice include helping to treat urinary, bladder and kidney infections and aid the respiratory system. Cranberry juice also contains antioxidants and is also a source of a natural way to help keep gums healthy.

On the side of caution, it's not good to drink too much juice since it can cause cavities and irritate the stomach.

Ingredients

The cranberries used in Apple and Eve cranberry juice are obtained within the United States from areas such as Cape Cod and Wisconsin.

100% fruit juice (filtered water sufficient to reconstitute juice concentrates; fresh pressed cranberry juice, apple, pear, aronia berry, and cranberry juice concentrates), calcium gluconate, calcium lactate, citric acid, vegetable color and ascorbic acid (Vitamin C).

This juice is pasteurized. Refrigerate after opening. I keep this juice in a GE Profile Refrigerator with Bottom Freezer.

Nutritional Information

Serving Size 8 fluid ounces
Servings per container 8
Calories 130
Calories from fat 0
Total fat 0g
Sodium 20mg (1%)
Total carbohydrate 32g (11%)
Sugars 30g (natural from fruit juice)
Protein 1g
Vitamin C 100%
Calcium 10%
Iron 4%

Purchasing

A 64-ounce bottle of Naturally Cranberry costs $3.69 at my local grocery store.

Summary

Our family likes the flavor of Apple & Eve Naturally Cranberry Juice. The blend of different juice flavors removes some of the extremely tart flavor of a pure cranberry juice. You really have to read the packaging, though, to know that this product is not from 100% cranberries ... and with a name like "Naturally Cranberry" one would expect a pure cranberry juice.

I hope you found this review useful.

Enjoy the day,
Dawn

Please read my other reviews:

Motts Original Applesauce