Apple Magic Mouse (MB829LL/A)

Apple's Mouse hits the spot

Dec 9, 2012

Pros:Bluetooth, responsiveness, design

Cons:Sometimes fickle with bluetooth connection, life with Akaline batteries

The Bottom Line: If you are using an Apple Product, this is a great mouse

When I started to use my MacBook Pro, one thing that I disliked about it right away was the touch pad. I had trouble scrolling down using the pad. I had a spare Microsoft wireless mouse that I used, but just wasn't working out the way I wanted. Scrolling just wasn't working as well, although better than the pad, in my opinion.

I decided to get the Apple mouse, as I didn't want to use up a USB port, as there are only two of them on the device, and don't like hubs hanging off my portable systems.

It's a smooth mouse, with no buttons or seperations of any kind. It takes two AA batteries to run. I recommend rechargables for this mouse, be it Energizer or the Apple Batteries. I ran it on some regular Akaline batteries, and it didn't seem to last as long.

Using the mouse is a learning expierence. Scrolling even has somewhat of a curve. You can use the same gestures on the mouse that you can on the pad. Sometimes keeping the mouse still can be an issue when using a gesture, but you adjust quickly. It is very responsive the touch, and somewhat sensitive, but again, it's an adjustment from your typical mouse.

One issue that I have with it, is that the mouse tends to be fickle when trying to connect it with the bluetooth. I have both a Mini, and a Macbook Pro, and it tends to take some time to connect to each (it's quicker on the mini). Sometimes you have to force the connection, or just restart the  Bluetooth, both of which I shouldn't have to do.

Bottom line, this is a good mouse to use for any Apple Desktop or Laptop. It's better suited for the gestures that you have to use for the Apple.

Apple Magic Mouse - White (MB829LL/A)

Apple Magic Mouse - White (MB829LL/A)

Find computer and video game controllers at Target.com! The apple mb829ll/a magic mouse has a multi-touch area that allows you to click or swipe anywh...

Apple Magic White Mouse - MB829LL/A

Apple Magic White Mouse - MB829LL/A

Multi-Touch Technology/ One-Button Design/ Laser Tracking Engine/ Bluetooth Technology Works Up To 33 Feet Away/ Ambidextrous Construction/ White Fini...
Abt Electronics

MB829LL/A Wireless Bluetooth Magic Mouse - Laser - White

MB829LL/A Wireless Bluetooth Magic Mouse - Laser - White

It began with iPhone. Then came iPod touch. Then MacBook Pro. Intuitive, smart, dynamic. Multi-Touch technology introduced a remarkably better way to ...
Apple Wired Mouse - MB112LL/B

Apple Wired Mouse - MB112LL/B

360-Degree Scrolling Capability/ Touch-Sensitive Top Shell/ Force-Sensing Side Buttons/ Customizable/ Optical Tracking/ White Finish
Abt Electronics