Aqua Chem 4-Way Pool Water Test Strips

It only takes 1 Dip...

Oct 7, 2000 (Updated Oct 7, 2000)

Pros:Very easy to use and accurate

Cons:Hard to read the pH levels

Aqua Chem 4-way Pool and Spa Test Strips have made checking the levels of our pool chemicals quick and easy.

What are they

This test kit contains 50 testing strips. These are strips of a thick paper that are about 2 inches in length that have 4 small square pads attached to them. These pads contain the chemicals that allow for the testing of your pool chemical levels.

What does it test?

The strips test for 4 different chemical levels at one time.
Total Bromine
Free Chlorine
pH
Total Alkalinity (including for Plaster or printed vinyl/fiberglass pools.)

How do you use them?

All you have to do is Dip and Read! It is just that simple. You dip one of the test strips into your pool. Be sure the entire strip goes into the water and then remove it immediately - no soaking involved. Then wait about 15 seconds (do not shake off any excess water from the strip and keep the strip level) and you are ready to read the results.

How do you read the results?

The small squares on the test strip will change colors based on the chemical levels in the pool water. On the back of the bottle there is a color chart that is in the same order as the test squares on your testing strip. All you have to do is hold your test strip up to the bottle to compare the color charts. This will give you the readings for all 4 of the chemicals you have just tested.

How well does it work?

This test has shown itself to be quite accurate. I have no problems using the strips. My pool has remained clear and balanced by using the readings from the test strips. You know that your chemicals are off when your pool becomes hazy or you have an algae break out - I have not had either of those problems by going by the results of this test kit.

The only problem I have with this kit is when trying to read the pH levels. The color spectrum for the pH test are varying degrees of orange. The color chart has very little differences in the orange color and this makes it difficult to read. Since the pH is quite an important factor, I always have to read that one several times - holding the bottle/chart up and down a few times after looking away...to make sure I am seeing the color accurately. All other color charts are easy to read.

There is an expiration date on the bottom of the bottle that you will need to be sure to pay attention to this date as you want to make sure it has not expired. Also, be sure to close the twist cap tightly and store at room temperature.

Believe it or not, even Aqua Chem has a website if you have any questions: www.aquachem.com

No longer do I feel like the mad scientist dragging test tubes and bottles of testing chemicals to my pool. No more counting number of drops into the test tube and having to start over because 1 too many dripped in the tube! This really is so much easier. I can just bring one of the strips with me to the pool, test the water in 15 seconds, and if all is good I can jump right in!!

Aqua Chem 6-way Pool Test Strips

Aqua Chem 6-way Pool Test Strips

YOU ARE BIDDING ON A NEW AQUA CHEM 6-WAY POOL TEST STRIPS QTY 50 STRIPS PER BOTTLE GREAT PRICE PIC # 1-0854

Aqua-chem 3-way Pool H2o Test Kit Br/cl/ph

Aqua-chem 3-way Pool H2o Test Kit Br/cl/ph

NEW AQUA CHEM 3 WAY TEST KIT BROMINE CHLORINE AND PH

Aqua Chem 5 Pack Shock Xtra Blue For Swimming Pool 5 Lbs Treatment Cleaner

Aqua Chem 5 Pack Shock Xtra Blue For Swimming Pool 5 Lbs Treatment Cleaner

Aqua Chem 5-Pack Shock Xtra Blue for Swimming Pools, 5 Pounds Kills bacteria and algae Creates sparkling water For use in all pool types Reduces chlor...

Aqua Chem 32 oz Pool Water Clarifier 23727AQU

Aqua Chem 32 oz Pool Water Clarifier 23727AQU

Natural ingredients clear cloudy water. Improves filtration. Helps eliminate oil and scum.
Lowe's

Aqua Chem Shock Plus Water Clear 22827AQU

Aqua Chem Shock Plus Water Clear 22827AQU

Aqua Chem 22827AQU Formulated for weekly addition, Shock plus(R) reduces chlorine odor and eye irritation for clear, sparkling water in your small vi...
Wayfair

Aqua Chem Shock Xtra Blue Pool Water Treatment Swim In 15 Min 7-1 Pound Packages

Aqua Chem Shock Xtra Blue 7 One Pound Package's Creates Sparkling Water Apply To Pool Once A Week Treat And Swim In 15 Minutes Hard To Find BLUE LABEL

Aqua Chem Shock Plus Pool Shock (4 In 1)

Aqua Chem Shock Plus Pool Shock (4 In 1)

TMG-Home and Garden 5-Pack 16-oz Pool Shock Does not increase pH Creates sparkling water Treat and swim in as soon as 15 minutes 1 bag treats 12,000 g...