Aqua Leisure Swim School Foam Pad Swim Trainer Reviews

Aqua Leisure Swim School Foam Pad Swim Trainer

Aqua Leisure Swim School Foam Pad Swim Trainer: A Unique Way To Help New Swimmers

Aug 24, 2003

Pros:Adjustable Straps, Removable Pads, Progressive Training, Stretch Material

Cons:Zipper Not Durable, Rides Up Under Child's Chin

The Bottom Line: A unique and wonderful swim training device.

My mother in law recently had a pool built, and of course my oldest daughter Hailey couldn't wait to play. Oddly enough, when the pool was filled and ready for swimming, my daughter suddenly went into a panic when I tried to coax her into the water. Perhaps it was the size of the pool that overwhelmed her, but, whatever the reason, she wasn't getting in. My mother in law came across the Aqua Leisure Swim School Foam Pad Trainer and decided that it might do just the trick to get Hailey into the water. While I've been pleased thus far with the results we have received, there are a couple of things I'm not so happy with.

~*~Cost~*~

My mother in law purchased our Aqua Leisure Swim School Foam Pad Swim Trainer at our local Wal-Mart on sale for $5.00. It is normally priced at $7.88, although prices may vary depending on what store you purchase it from.

~*~Some Details~*~

The Aqua Leisure Swim School Foam Pad Swim Trainer is part of Aqua Leisure's "Original Swim School, Learn To Swim System". This system has three steps to help introduce swimming from infancy to toddlers. The Aqua Leisure Swim School Foam Pad Swim Trainer is step three of this system, and is designed to develop swimming skills.

The Aqua Leisure Swim School Foam Pad Swim Trainer has two foam pads that are connected by elastic straps. The trainer fits over the child's head, and two pieces of elastic rest on the shoulders. The arms go between the shoulder strap elastic the the elastic on the sides of the trainer. On the bottom of the swim trainer is a belt that goes between the legs to help hold the trainer firmly in place. The belt can be adjusted, and there is also Velcro for a sure fit. The elastic is extremely stretchy and conforms to each child's unique figure. The outside of the Aqua Leisure Swim School Foam Pad Swim Trainer is made of very soft Nylon stretch material.

There are four foam pads in each side of the trainer. They are secured inside by a zipper enclosure on the bottom. The pads can be removed as the child gains confidence and swimming skills. This training system is intended for children 2-4 years of age.

As with all swim training products, this device is not intended for use as a lifesaving device. Never leave a child unattended while this product is in use.

~*~Our Experience~*~

I was very happy that my mother in law purchased the Aqua Leisure Swim School Foam Pad Swim Trainer for my daughter. She would scream and cry each time we went to get in the pool and it was getting very difficult. Hailey was fascinated by the trainer, and immediately asked to put it on. It wasn't difficult at all to get the trainer on my daughter. The elastic is extremely stretchy. Once on, I found that it was a very good fit, and was secure.

It took some coaxing, but, I finally managed to get my daughter in the water, trainer intact. She clung to me for a good duration of our swim time, but I managed to get her to kick her legs while holding onto my arms. I was pleased with how the Aqua Leisure Swim School Foam Pad Swim Trainer held her above the water, to the point where she wasn't afraid. As time has passed, she has gotten a little bit more confidence in the water. She insists on having this trainer on, and won't go near the water without it. We are gradually taking small steps toward building her confidence and developing her swimming skills.

I have been overall pretty pleased with how the Aqua Leisure Swim School Foam Pad Swim Trainer has provided my daughter with the extra confidence she needed to get in the water. It provides enough buoyancy so that she isn't afraid of going under.

Unfortunately, I have found a couple of problems with the Aqua Leisure Swim School Foam Pad Swim Trainer. First, when in the water, the trainer will start rising, until the foam pads are directly under my daughter's chin. I am constantly having to readjust the pads. I'm not sure if it's the stretchy outside nylon, or my daughter's size that is causing it to ride up like it is. The nylon is pretty slick, so, it's possible that when it's wet, it slowly slides up.

Second, I haven't been pleased with the durability of the zipper. Within two days of having this product we were constantly having to rezip the bottom to keep the foam pads from coming out. Shortly after that problem came about, the zipper busted. My mother in law had to fix the zipper, and thankfully we haven't had anymore zipper problems.

~*~Overall Recommendation~*~

I would definitely recommend the Aqua Leisure Swim School Foam Pad Swim Trainer, despite the couple of problems we have had with it. It has provided my daughter with the confidence to get in the water, and it really is a unique and wonderful swim training device and system.

Type of Toy: Other
Age Range of Child: Other

Aqua Leisure Swim School One Piece Flotation Trainer Sm/med

Aqua Leisure Swim School One Piece Flotation Trainer Sm/med

Original Swim School Flotation Suit Trainer Unsinkable Foam Pad System Parents Secure Child Feels Safe Confident Full Range of Comfortable Motion Smal...

Aqua Leisure Et-9351sp Swim School Floatation Suit Medium/large Boys 33-55lbs.

Aqua Leisure Et-9351sp Swim School Floatation Suit Medium/large Boys 33-55lbs.

BRAND NEW ITEM......GET YOURS TODAY......!!!!!! FREE! Sellers: Add a FREE map to your listings. FREE!

Aqua Leisure Boys' Swim Vest (20-55lb) - Small/Medium (20-33lb)

Aqua Leisure Boys' Swim Vest (20-55lb) - Small/Medium (20-33lb)

No description, please visit our website for details
SwimOutlet.com

Aqua Leisure Girls' Swim Vest (20-55lb) - Small/Medium (20-33lb)

Aqua Leisure Girls' Swim Vest (20-55lb) - Small/Medium (20-33lb)

No description, please visit our website for details