Aquanil Hc 1% Hydrocortisone Lotion 4oz (VP32042) Reviews

Aquanil Hc 1% Hydrocortisone Lotion 4oz (VP32042)

Best lotion I have found for eczema and skin irritation

Dec 16, 2007

Pros:Very effective for skin irritation and a little goes a long way. Non prescription.

Cons:Somewhat expensive, and hard to find in stores, so must be mail ordered.

The Bottom Line: I definitely recommend it to treat skin irritation and itching. Great for dry, sensitive skin, itching or eczema rashes. Very effective, non prescription relief.

Aquanil HC lotion is a product of Person and Covey Inc., from Glendale California. www.personandcovey.com
phone 1-800-423-2341.

My husband was given a sample of Aquanil HC by his allergist to treat his itching and eczema caused by allergies. This is by far the best lotion he has ever used to treat his condition, and he has tried several prescription treatments, most notably Elidil, with less results.

Aquanil HC is a very gentle, silky smooth medicated lotion, with the active ingredient Hydrocortisone USP 1% Micronized. Other ingredients: purified water, glycerin, cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, benzyl alcohol, sodium laureth sulfate, simethicone, and zanthan gum. It is an anti-itch treatment, will not clog pores, and is lipid free. There is no detectable fragrance which is great for those sensitive to odors.

Recommended application; 2-3 times a day, children under 2 consult physician.

The lotion comes in 4 ounce bottles, which for the price, ($20.30 per bottle, order 3 or more for free shipping direct from manufacturer), may seem a bit expensive, but a little goes a long way. It is so silky and absorbs so well that only a small amount on fingertip is all that is needed. It is relatively non stinging, despite the alcohol.

Aside from my husband's experience, I have cleared skin irritations with one application that would not go away using multiple skin products such as Noxzema, cocoa butter, Keri, and regular hydrocortisone cream.

The only downside to Aquanil HC is that I can not find it in local stores. But the company has a website and customers can order all of their skin products with prompt shipping.

Aquanil 1 % HC Lotion - 4 oz
American Drug Supply Store
--- Select Brand --- Avent Braun Carlson CHI CHI Air Conair Cytosport Doctor's Best Dr.Scholl's Eclipse Evercare Garden of Life HoMedics Honeywell Inf...

div style=text-align:centerimg src=http://ti2.auctiva.com/sw/java.gif border=0br table align=centertr td height=28px valign=middle align=centerfont fa...
Heading Gentle, lipid-free. Purpose Anti-Itch Manufacturer Person Covey Active Ingredients Hydrocortisone USP 1% Micronized Directions Shake well befo...
Aquanil HC Hydrocortisone Lotion