Ardisam #3365PS 21" Front Tine Tiller (012642336560)

The best tiller for your home garden

May 31, 2009

Pros:Power: Tills as good as a rear tine without as much work afterward.

Cons:Excellent maintenance tiller.  May consider a rear tine for overall tilling work.

The Bottom Line: I was looking for a powerful easy to use front tine tiller and I think I found it.

I have been using garden tillers all of my life. Both front tine and rear tine tillers and combinations of both. They both have their advantages and disadvantages. Recently while looking for a new tiller for my gardens I found it hard to find any reviews for the different tillers that is on the market today so I had to make my decision based on the specifcations that was listed. I think I did an excellent job with the Earthquake 3365PS by Ardisam. Front tine tillers are great for maintaining gardens because they can get up close to plants and their

maneuverability, bascially you till where you need to. Disadvantages of a front tine tiller which the Earthquake 3365PS addresses are these:
1. Quality of till: I live in an area with a hard clay soil so depth of till is essential. I had two choices. One I would take a front tine tiller for getting a the ground worked up around the plants then take a rear tine tiller and come back through afterward to get the soil worked up like I wanted it. If didn't want to use all that gas I would just use the rear tine tiller and use my hoe. With the Earthquake 3365PS I got both. With it's powerful 190cc engine and the just the quality of it's engineering it tills deep and is surprisingly fast and maneuverable. In comparison with a rear tine tiller on my watermelon patch because I was able to move it around and get in between my hills I was able to do a much better better job in about 1/3 of the time than with a rear tine tiller. Now I do have to admit I was sweating abit afterward but besides my garden I do have a job, so the quality it does and the time savings well I can't complain that much.
2. Maneuverability: This is the best feature of this tiller. One of the hardest parts about using a front tine tiller is getting it front point A to point B. I have found the best way in the past for regular front tine tillers is to face backward and bascially drag it. Your wore out before you even get to your garden. This tiller offers a feature that allows you just raise the back of your tiller and the huge 11 inch wheels folds up underneath the tiller. This feature makes it increadiably easy to move around and makes it seems incrediably lighter than the tiller actually is. With the cast iron casting of the frame I really don't expect a huge problem with this feature over time. It seems very well done but there is a problem, not a bad problem but I need to tell you. After you have been tilling it throws dirt onto this part of the tiller that you have to get down and clean out manually before you can put the wheels back up underneath it before you can fold the wheels back up underneath it to move it again. I think they could have added something to this to deflect the soil from gathering there but this is not too bad really, it isn't that hard to clean out but if your like me you hate having to do little things that you don't feel should have been necessary.
Overall I think this is the best front tine tiller I have ever used but if you are choosing a tiller you have to take several factors into choosing. Now I haven't tried this tiller in turf, bascially I don't think if your digging in turf any font tine tiller would be a good option. Rear tine tillers will be much easier for that, but like I said I have not tried it but with the power of this machine my guess is though it might do it, you might need a good rest afterword. But for garden maintenance after the plants are planted, I don't think you can beat it.

Newegg.com

Ardisam Inc : 6Hp Front Tine Tiller

Ardisam Inc : 6Hp Front Tine Tiller

Powered by a 4-cycle, 190cc Briggs & Stratton engine with 6.5 ft./lb. of gross torque and gear driven transmission. 3-way adjustable tilling width (11...
Earthquake Pro Series Front Tine Tiller By Ardisam Inc