Armor All Auto Glass Cleaner

ARMOR ALL GLASS CLEANER- I could clean windows better with motor oil.

Aug 1, 2002 (Updated Apr 23, 2003)

Pros:Price, Safe for tinted windows

Cons:Leaves streaking, Unreliable spray cap.

The Bottom Line: Not recommended, there are better products out there for the same price.

When you are washing your car it is almost inevitable that the windows are going to be left with little water spots and lint after you're done. That is why most of us choose a quality glass cleaner when we are detailing, or just washing our cars by hand. The same can be said when we are detailing the interior of our cars, especially when we are using a spray cleaner/gloss for our dash. When that pesky overspray from interior cleaning products gets on the inside of our windows, it is imperative that you have a good glass cleaner on-hand. I was given a bottle of Armor All Glass Cleaner from my father after he got frustrated trying to clean the windows of his 1957 Ford with this product; thanks dad.

Armor All's Claims: This product is safe for tinted windows, removes tough road grime, leaves a streak free shine on auto window surfaces. This product works easily and quickly, and is ammonia-free.

Ingredients: Proplene glycol either, isopropanol, and surfactant.

My Experience: Since the first day I used this product on my dearly 'not missed' 1994 Ford Escort I have been disappointed with the results I get every time. I have however continued using this product on my Lumina/Storm/Sunfire as a back-up when I run out of my 'Turtle Wax ClearVue' window cleaner. Armor All Auto Glass Cleaner might say "it will leave a streak free shine", but each time I use this product I usually have to go over the same area 2-3 times to get an adequate result. If your windows have any sort of bugs on them, this product just smears them like crazy..nice thought huh? I do like the fact that this product is safe for tinted windows. Almost every car I have ever owned has had tinted windows so a product without all those harsh ingredients is welcomed. Despite leaving a relatively hazy shine, I also have had problems with the spray cap, it seems to drizzle out in an uneven spray and then go back to a normal spray and repeats this scenario once or twice while I'm using the product. This unreliable spray makes it a pain in the butt when cleaning the interior windows. I've also tried using this product on the windows in my house and have came up with the same results; a hazy shine that needs a second treatment.

PRODUCT Q&A:

Is this product toxic? It's not indicated on the bottle whether or not this product is toxic or not, however it warns that you should keep it out of the reach of children, and if sallowed you should call a physician.

How long does Auto Glass Cleaner take to use? To do a midsized car's windows, such as my Chevy Lumina, it takes about 30 minutes to do the interior and exterior with two passes. It takes about 20 minutes to do my Geo Storm Wagonback and my Pontiac Sunfire.

How often do I need to use this product? Use as needed, or when you wash your car. I drive quite often and live in a relatively dusty area, so I tend to use a window cleaner about once or twice per week on the outside windows, and about once a week on the inside windows.

What does this product smell like? Armor All Auto Glass
Cleaner has a pleasant scent, a little like Windex with a sweeter kick. When I use this product on the inside windows of my car I don't mind the the smell it leaves behind at all, this light smell lasts for a few hours.

How long will a bottle of this product last? A 22 Fl. Oz. Spray bottle will last about 2 months depending of course on how often you use it, and how large the windows are on your car. Since I don't use this product on a regular basis, and when I do, I go over the are twice the same bottle has lasted me almost 4 months now, and I still have about 2 ounces of this product left.

Ease of use: Compared to other glass cleaners I have found this one to be rather difficult, the spray out-let being my main problem. The product also requires, in my case, going over the surface of the area twice, which really is no problem for me, but who really wants to waste another 10 minutes cleaning windows?

Price and Availability: Armor All Glass Cleaner can be purchased at almost any grocery, drug, or large discount department store for around $4.99.

Conclusion: I'm sure the spray bottle was just a scarce defect, but the fact that I had to go over window surfaces twice vs once with my other window cleaners kills my recommendation.

For more Info you can go to WWW.ARMORALL.COM

If you are interested in learning about Armor All's Glass Wipes, read my review.

Thanks for reading!

Ease of Application: Poor; takes some time to apply and shine

Armor All 32022 Auto Glass Cleaner, 22 Oz

Armor All 32022 Auto Glass Cleaner, 22 Oz

Highlights :Size: 22 Oz Ammonia free Removes road dirt, grime and bugs without streaking Removes film created by glare of sun on plastic dashboards Cl...

Armor All Cleaning Wipes 25 Ct All Auto Surfaces Multi Purpose Cleaner 10863-7

Armor All Cleaning Wipes 25 Ct All Auto Surfaces Multi Purpose Cleaner 10863-7

ARMOR ALL CLEANING WIPES! *25 count *Cleans dash, vinyl fabric *Safe for all auto surfaces *Great for dust *Bottle MFG #:10863-7 Please email with any...

Armor All 16 Oz, Multi Purpose Auto Cleaner, 78513

Armor All 16 Oz, Multi Purpose Auto Cleaner, 78513

Armor All, 78513 16 OZ, Multi Purpose Auto Cleaner, Safe On Dash, Fabric Carpet, Powerful Cleaning For All Auto Surfaces, Removes Grease, Ground In Di...

Armor All Automotive Glass Cleaner, 22oz

Armor All Automotive Glass Cleaner, 22oz

Model No.: 432024 Shipping Weight (in pounds): 1.43 Product in Inches (L x W x H): 2.42 x 4.64 x 10.74 No.: 001052198
Armor All Cleaning Wipes Safe For All Auto Surfaces

Armor All Cleaning Wipes Safe For All Auto Surfaces

Armor All Cleaning Wipes Safe For All Auto Surfaces ARMOR ALL CLEANING WIPES *25 count *Cleans dash, vinyl fabric *Safe for all auto surfaces *Great f...

Lg100 Liquid Glass Auto Polish& Lg200 Pre Cleaner Kit

Lg100 Liquid Glass Auto Polish& Lg200 Pre Cleaner Kit

Liquid Glass Car Wax Products Liquid Glass Auto Polish/Finish offers hard-as-glass paint protection that lasts and lasts! Liquid Glass Auto Polish/Fin...

Armor All 10834 50 CT Armor All Powerful Auto Protectant Wipe

Armor All 10834 50 CT Armor All Powerful Auto Protectant Wipe

Make use of auto protectant wipes to easily remove ground-in dirt, dust & grime. The wipes won (Armor All 10834)
homelectrical