Aspercreme Fast Pain Relief

Aspercreme works well for those minor aches and pains

Jun 13, 2003

Pros:Fast acting and long lasting relief for minor pains.

Cons:-

The Bottom Line: Works well for those minor aches and pains you get from every day life.

Over the years I have tried many different pain relievers for my back, from pills to topical solutions, one of the first topical solutions recommended to me by our pharmacist was Aspercreme and it did work for a while to relieve minor aches and muscle soreness, but as my back got worse over the years, it stopped working for my back, but still worked for minor aches and minor muscle strain.

What is Aspercreme used for?

Aspercreme is a topical cream for the temporary relief of minor pain from muscle strains or sprains, backaches and minor joint pain from arthritis.

As you can see it will work for those days that you overdo it working around the house or just overwork your muscles in general, it is just to help ease the pain while your muscles recover and will not fix any underlying problems you may have.

How do you use it?

All you do is apply a generous amount to the problem area and make sure you rub the cream in well, so it is absorbed by your skin. You can use it up to four times a day as needed for the pain, but if you really have only minor muscle pain, you shouldn't need to apply it more than twice, for arthritis or more than minor pain, you will probably use it up to the four times depending on your pain.

What's in it?

Compared to most medications, it has a fairly small list of ingredients. The active ingredient is Trolamine Salicylate and the inactive ingredients are Aloe Vera Gel, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Methyplparaben, Mineral Oil, Potassium Phosphate, Proplyparaben, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine and Water.

Warnings

As with most medications there are warnings included with Aspercreme. If you have had an allergic reaction to aspirin or salicylate, you need to consult a doctor before using, this is probably not a product you should use. If your skin becomes red you need to stop using and consult a doctor and if the pain is consistent or last more than seven days, you need to check with your doctor also. It is not intended to be used by children and does not have any childproof cap, it's just a flip top lid on the tube.

My Experience

I have used Aspercreme many times before moving over to Icy Hot for my consistent back pain and I can say that while it had problems with alleviating my back pain after a period of time, it did work well for minor aches and pains from when I over did it working around the house, doing spring cleaning and such. I found that it worked best with minor muscle pain in my arms and legs.

Aspercreme claims that it is an odorless and greaseless cream that will temporarily relieve your pain and although there is a slight odor to it, it is nothing overpowering like Bengay or Icy Hot and once rubbed in, it does not leave you with a greasy feel to your skin.

They also claim that is it fast acting and long lasting. I found that it starts working in about ten minutes, so it's pretty quick in providing relief and as far as long lasting, it usually lasts about four to six hours for me, so I have only found myself having to reapply maybe one more time during the day for minor aches and pains.

Overall, I have been satisfied with the way Aspercreme provided relief to my minor aches and pains and the only reason I moved on to another brand of pain reliever is because my back got worse and needed something stronger and I didn't want to have a bunch of different pain relievers sitting around.

If you have minor aches and pains and need temporary relief, I would recommend you try Aspercreme, but if you have consistent pain that you need to use something daily, I would suggest you check with your doctor to find the cause and to see what would be the safest pain reliever for you to use.

Aspercreme Heat Pain Relieving Gel - 2.5 oz

Aspercreme Heat Pain Relieving Gel - 2.5 oz

Find painkillers and muscle treatments at Target.com! Aspercreme heat pain relieving gel is fast acting therapy for minor arthritis, joint and muscle ...

Aspercreme Heat Fast Acting Therapy Pain Relieving Gel - 2.5 oz

Aspercreme Heat Fast Acting Therapy Pain Relieving Gel - 2.5 oz

Aspercreme Heat Fast Pain Reliever Gel is a pain-reducing formula that helps eliminate minor discomfort associated with arthritis and simple backaches...

Aspercreme Max Arthritis Strength No-Mess Roll-On Pain Relieving Liquid - 2.5 oz

Medline OTC Pain Relief Cream, 3 Oz Tube Ea (Compare to Aspercreme) - MEDOTC6003912

Generic OTC Analgesic Cream (Aspercreme): Rub into skin to relieve sore muscles. (Compare to Aspercreme.), 3 oz. tube.Expiration: Betty Mills guarante...
BettyMills.com

Aspercreme Arthritis Pain Relieving Creme 3 Oz. Exp: 2017

Aspercreme Arthritis Pain Relieving Creme 3 Oz. Exp: 2017

New Maximun Strength Aspercreme Pain Relieving Creme Easy To Open Flip Top Cap Oder Free Clinically Proven For Minor Arthritis, Joint Muscle Pain Reli...

Aspercreme Pain Relieving Creme with Aloe 3 oz

Aspercreme Pain Relieving Creme with Aloe 3 oz

Clinically Proven For Minor Arthritis, Joint & Muscle Pain Relief Odor Free Therapy With 3 Intensive Skin ConditionersEasy to Open Flip Top Cap
Vitacost.com

Aspercreme Pain Relieving Lotion - 6 oz
Medline Otc Pain Relief Cream, 3 Oz Tube Ea (compare To Aspercreme) - Medotc6003

SKU: MEDOTC6003912 ITEM TITLE Medline OTC Pain Relief Cream, 3 Oz Tube Ea (Compare to Aspercreme) - MEDOTC6003 Brand: Medline Condition: New Sold By: ...