Aussie Citrifier Shampoo

Aussie Citrifier Shampoo To Rid Your Hair Of Icky Styling Product Build-up & Chlorine!

Jan 23, 2002 (Updated Feb 20, 2002)

Pros:Good at alleviating buildup, cleans well, and makes hair shiny

Cons:Perhaps too strong for my hair and/or for daily use-not for dry hair

The Bottom Line: This product is very good for removing buildup. It adds shine and manageability, but best to use just once a week as it is too potent for daily use

My relationship with the Aussie line of hair care products seems to continually grow and flourish. I have recently tried yet another Aussie Shampoo (to those familiar with me and my preferences, all I can say is yes, I know. I feel your pain, and feel free to roll your eyes).

To those of you unfamiliar with these wonderful products, here is a brief history lesson.

Quoted From The Aussie Website:

"Aussie was founded in 1979 by Tom Redmond, an American businessman with over twenty years experience in the professional salon industry. Tom visited Australia and was inspired to develop Australian 3 Minute Miracle, an intensive conditioner that produced real results in only three minutes. 3 Minute Miracle is now a top selling conditioner with more than 45 million bottles sold.

At Aussie we've built our business on doing things differently. We promise you more variety, more unique ingredients, and top quality formulas you simply can't get anywhere else. So you get the hair results you want and look great".

Reason For Purchasing Aussie Citrifier:

I have been very pleased with the various Aussie shampoos and conditioners, and have even started using their styling tools, but I found my hair was looking blah, perhaps due to product build up. I read the packaging of Aussie’s Citrifier stating that "hair can get weighed down, leaving it dull and lifeless." A few tears escaped. I felt so guilty, but thought if I just purchased this shampoo, it might save my hair, and my sins would be forgiven
(hair-related sins that is).

Packaging:

I am reviewing the 16 fl ounce size of the product. It is a tan, plastic container, push down top, with their trademark cute kangaroo. I was able to purchase it for $3.99 (it is available through drugstore.com for this price also). Grocery stores also carry the product but it could be $4.50-$6.00 or more, and considering my addiction to these products, I need to spend as little as possible.

Aussie’s products are not tested on animals.

Scent & Consistency:

"The Citrifier has a wonderful sweet scent of orange peel", and unlike the majority of their shampoos and conditioners, it is transparent. I like the scent of the citrifier, but it is a little strong, and I much prefer the scent of the Aussie Moist, Aussie Real Volume or even their Color Mate. They are a little more subtle and more appealing to my tastes. The consistency is medium.

Their Directions For Use:

"Saturate hair with water. Massage deeply into scalp and roots. Breathe deeply to enjoy fragrant aromatics. Drench with water to rinse. Repeat if necessary".

Their Claims:

"Australian sweet orange peel is blended with our unique formula that helps remove buildup from the hair. It also helps remove hard water, chlorine, styling products, which leaves very dull looking hair".

Okay, We Are Off To The Shower:

I poured out a small amount of the product on to my hands and rubbed it into my hair as suggested. I found the lather to be fantastic for the small amount I used. I very much enjoyed the scent (though as noted above there are others I prefer). I washed my hair twice and rinsed out well. They suggest using Slip Detangler or Mega Instant Conditioner following, but surprise, surprise, I don’t have either one, so I used their Aussie Moist Conditioner instead.

My Thoughts:

Aussie Citrifier is a good product, and they recommend it for alleviating dull, lifeless hair that has the blahs. They state it can be used every day. However, their website states using once a week to ensure you eliminate buildup.

I enjoy the shampoo, the poufy lather and scent, and I found my hair to be shinier, bouncier and more manageable after using this shampoo, but feel it is a little bit strong for my type of hair (fine, color-treated). I think I shall continue to use this shampoo once every week or two, and elect to use their Aussie Moist Shampoo for daily or every other day use. I have made this decision as I have found that when I use the Citrifer my hair does not have its usual bounce and softness, but I like the way it removes the buildup of styling tools, or chlorine when I've gone swimming. While I enjoy the aromatic scent of the Citrifier, I love the scent of the other Aussie Shampoos.

The Aussie Citrifier Shampoo would be great for swimmers to get out the chlorine, those who use a lot of styling products, or those with oily hair. This doesn’t seem to be an appropriate product for those with dry hair, particularly not for daily use.

I give the Aussie Citrifier Shampoo 3 starsm but others may find it wonderful for their type of hair.

Thanks for reading!

~~Suzi~~

Note: I won’t bore you with all the ingredients as their ingredients are natural, but for those interested, or those who might possibly be allergic, this product includes:

sweet orange peel, rhubarb, raspberry leaf, peppermint, eucalyptus, fragrance, FD&C red #4

Questions:

1/800-947-2656
Redmonds Products Inc.
Stamford, CT

Aussie Aussome Volume Shampoo By Aussie For Unisex - 13.5 Oz Shampoo

Aussie Aussome Volume Shampoo By Aussie For Unisex - 13.5 Oz Shampoo

Home View All Listings About Us Shipping Payment Feedback FAQ Store Newsletter Contact Us Aussie Aussome Volume Shampoo by Aussie for Unisex - 13.5 oz...

Aussie Shampoo Aussome Volume 13.5 Oz Adds oomph To Hair Gone Flat Cleanse

Aussie Shampoo Aussome Volume 13.5 Oz Adds oomph To Hair Gone Flat Cleanse

BRAND : Aussie CONDITION : NEW! ITEM : Aussome Volume Shampoo DESCRIPTION : Adds oomph to hair gone flat 13.5 oz /400 mL Combine and save on shipping!...

(lot Of 4) Aussie Aussome Volume 2 In 1 Shampoo 13.5 Oz. Free Shipping

(lot Of 4) Aussie Aussome Volume 2 In 1 Shampoo 13.5 Oz. Free Shipping

Aussie Aussome Volume 2 in 1 Shampoo lifts up hair that has fallen flat. With the wow of White Ginger, get voluminous style that soars. Boosts limp lo...

Aussie Aussome Volume Shampoo 13.5 Fl Oz (pack Of 6)

Aussie Aussome Volume Shampoo 13.5 Fl Oz (pack Of 6)

The Lotoons Store NEW Aussie Aussome Volume Shampoo 13.5 Fl Oz (Pack of 6) 1. NO SALES TAX 2. LOW COST EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR US BUYERS 3. WE ARE NOW ...

Aussie Aussome Volume Shampoo 13.5 Oz (3 Pack)

Aussie Aussome Volume Shampoo 13.5 Oz (3 Pack)

Aussie Aussome Volume Shampoo 13.5 oz

4 Aussie Aussome Volume Shampoo Shampooing 13.5 Fl Oz Ea

4 Aussie Aussome Volume Shampoo Shampooing 13.5 Fl Oz Ea

4 Aussie Aussome Volume Shampoo Shampooing 13.5 Fl Oz ea NEW!

Aussie Aussome Volume Shampoo 13.5 Oz

Aussie Aussome Volume Shampoo 13.5 Oz

Aussie Aussome Volume Shampoo 13.5 oz

Aussie Aussome Volume 2-in-1 Shampoo, 13.5 Oz (3 Pack)

Aussie Aussome Volume 2-in-1 Shampoo, 13.5 Oz (3 Pack)

Aussie Aussome Volume 2-in-1 Shampoo, 13.5 oz