Avanti BCA1801 1.7 cu. ft. Refrigerator Reviews

Avanti BCA1801 1.7 cu. ft. Refrigerator

Avanti Refrigerator is just par for the course.

Aug 10, 2010 (Updated Aug 10, 2010)
  • User Rating: Very Good

Pros:It serves a purpose. Just for my shed and soft drinks.

Cons:Could be insulated better for the warmer seasons.

The Bottom Line: If you need a little refrigerator like this one, I would suggest the extended warranty at least for the additional year.

Avanti BCA1801 1.7 Cubic Foot Refrigerator

I have a 10 x 20 foot shed at the back of my property where my turf machines are kept and serviced. In 2007 one of my friends suggest putting a refrigerator in the shed so we didn't have to walk to the house and get something cold to drink. I shopped around looking at GE and Whirlpool at Lowe's and Home Depot and I come across this Avanti 1.7 Cubic Foot Refrigerator and it was on sale from $149.00 to $129.00. Seem like a lot of money just to keep some soda's and me from walking almost 75 yards to the house. But I bought it just to keep from dragging dirt in the house.

Putting it in the shed was no problem since I have seven plug boxes in it. I swear when the Amish build something they build it to last forever. Anyway, this refrigerator wasn't that heavy about 35 pounds and I put it on my back table next to my work bench. Looking at the door you can use it to swing open left or right, I choose opening from the left that way the door hits the way and it's not in the way. The flush back design gives you the option to put it flush with the back wall or just out a little like I did giving it breathing room.

It has and adjustable thermostat and my suggestions to you is in Winter and early Spring and late fall keeping the thermostat on 5 or 6. Well mine is outside and has to deal with the elements, but come late Spring and Summer that thermostat stays on 9 all the time. The only negative I can draw from this product is not being insulated enough for the warmer climates.

On the door you can put a two liter bottle of soda there, but it takes up a lot the space on it. The cavity of this refrigerator can fit a 12 pack in there properly along with other condiments you might like to have. It's not the coldest soda that you like to drink on a scorching day, but one that will quench your thirst. It comes with to shelving trays, I have never used mine.

Through the Avanti company you can buy extended warranties of one, three and five years. I only bought the one year and that ended up last year. You can buy them for your office or if you live in a college dorm room. I have three friends that bought theirs for the billiard room in the basement and the other two have them in their garage. The measurements for my model are W 18.75 x 17.75 D and 20.75 in height. It has a automatic defrost so there is never a build up and cleaning it with a wet paper towel is all you need.

Overall
This Avanti BCA1801 1.7 Cubic Foot Refrigerator just serves the purpose it was bought for. They have made me and three of my friends very happy. The one loves throwing football bbq gatherings on Sunday's. There maybe 4 or 5 of us there and it gets the drinks cold enough fast to keep us just cheering on those darn old Redskins.

Upc: 0079841180110
Ideal for dormitories, offices and bedrooms, the Avanti BCA1801B-1 1.7 Cu. Ft. All Refrigerator offers convenient cold storage for beverages and snack...