Aveeno Lip Conditioner Essential Moisture with SPF 15 .15 oz Reviews

Aveeno Lip Conditioner Essential Moisture with SPF 15 .15 oz

Aveeno Moisture Lip Conditioner -- Is It Essential?

Feb 1, 2008

Pros:it coats the lips and protects them, contains some natural ingredients, easy to use

Cons:packaging, consistency of balm, price

The Bottom Line: While Aveeno makes other products that I like, this lip conditioner is not one of them.

I'm one of the many who suffers from dry lips. It has been a quest to find a good lip balm that is also affordable. Enter Aveeno Essential Moisture Lip Conditioner with SPF 15.

Description

This lip conditioner comes in a .15 ounce tube. It is just like other tube lip balms where the tube is twisted to extend the lip balm inside it. The twirling device to extend the lip balm is colored green, and easily visible on the tube. It is also ridged for easy grasping and turning.

The color of the lip balm is a light yellow with a green cast. It has a faint scent, almost undetectable. This lip conditioner is SPF 15, and acts as a sunscreen. It also contains natural oatmeal, jojoba oil and shea butter. It is dermatology tested and hypoallergenic.

My Experiences

It still drives me crazy. Most tube lip balms have a turning device near their base, that when turned, extends the lip balm from the tube. Aveeno had to be different. Their twirling device is located just beneath the cap. It also turns in the opposite direction from most lip balms. I'm always turning it the wrong way. It's most annoying.

Aveeno lip conditioner is very similar in consistency to petroleum jelly, except that Aveeno has reshaped the petroleum jelly and stuffed it into a tube. If it is warm enough, the lip balm melts a bit as it is applied to the lips. If it is cold, the lip conditioner goes on more thickly and can have a gummy feel to it.

I'm not that crazy about this lip conditioner. I don't like the tube, or the way everything is backward on it. I'm not happy with the way this lip balm feels on my lips. It doesn't last long on the lips, either. And I'm not thrilled with the price. Buying a container of petroleum jelly would be less expensive.

Does this lip balm make my lips feel softer? Yes. Does it work better than other lip balms? No. Is the balm long-lasting? No. Do I need to frequently reapply it? Yes. Does it protect my lips from the sun? For what it's worth, I've never had sunburn on my lips … but that is with or without using this lip balm.

If I have several different lip balms within reach, Aveeno is the last one I will grab. I will actually look around for a brand other than Aveeno, and if none is available, then I settle for this one.

Ingredients

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.0%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Oxybenzone (5.0%)

Inactive Ingredients: Avena Sativa Kernel Flour (Oat), Bees Wax, BHT, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ozokerite, Paraffin, Petrolatum, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil (Castor), Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Jojoba), Stearyl Alcohol, Vanillin, VP Eicosene Copolymer, Zea Mays Oil (Corn)

Purchasing

This Aveeno lip balm is available in my local stores and sells for around $3.49 a tube.

Summary

I will not be purchasing Aveeno Essential Moisture Lip Conditioner with SPF 15 again. There are too many reasons not to like it, and it is more expensive than other lip balms.

I hope you found this review useful.

Enjoy the day,
Dawn

Please read my other reviews:

Vaseline Jelly