Avery Ready Index Contemporary Table of Contents Dividers, 1 8, 1 Set RI2138 / AVERI2138 Reviews

1 consumer review

Professional Looking ... And so Easy to Use!

Oct 24, 2008

Pros:8 colorful tabs, bright white paper, 3-hole punched, Table of Contents page, printer friendly

Cons:If you don't like colored tabs then these are not for you.

The Bottom Line: These Avery Reference Dividers add a professional look to my projects.

I use these Avery Ready Index "Table of Contents" Dividers (item # RI2138) for both business and home projects. They present a sharp, professional look for my work. Plus, they are incredibly easy to use in the printer.

Description

This product is a 2-in-1 item. Not only does the package contain 3-hole punched index dividers (numbered 1 through 8), but also a "Table of Contents" page that can be run through the printer (either ink jet or laser). These pages are constructed from bright white paper that is similar to a light-weight card stock.

The numbered tabs are laminated, and each tab is in a different color: 1) yellow, 2) light orange, 3) deeper orange, 4) deep pink, 5) light purple, 6) deep purple, 7) blue, 8) deep aqua. On each tab is written the corresponding number in bold white lettering. These tabs are reversible, too. The front side of the tab has the numbers running vertically (portrait), while the reverse side has the numbers printed horizontally on the tab (landscaped).

The "Table of Contents" page has the words "Table of Contents" printed at the upper left. Aligned vertically along the right side of the page are large rectangles, numbered 1 through 8. Each rectangle has a color-coded block with each number written in bold white lettering (to match the tabs). Next to these lettered boxes is a large blank white area where a heading for each numbered section can be written or printed.

My Experiences

These 8-colored tabs offer a lot of versatility for organizing material in sections. At work, we use them for internal meetings. We hold sales meetings and general business meetings, and these tabbed dividers with their "Table of Contents" make it easy to organize material. On the home front, I am involved with several organizations, and these tabs come in handy when sorting project material, contact lists ... and I have even used these tabs to create cookbooks.

I can't believe how easy these are to use. To begin, sort your material into eight categories (one for each tab numbered 1 through 8). To keep yourself organized, you may want to grab a scrap piece of paper and write down what each category is so that you can reference the categories when preparing the "Table of Contents".

I prefer to print the "Table of Contents" rather than hand-writing in the words. Printing is easy, and the page looks professional. If you use Microsoft Word, click the "Tools" link at the top of the page, then "Letters and Mailings", then "Envelopes and Labels". Select the "Labels" tab and click "Options". From here you can scroll down the list and choose the appropriate label/form. My work computer is running Windows XP and uses MS Word 2003, and the form is titled: "Ready Index 8 Tabs".

When the form opens, you will see eight vertical rectangles where the text will be typed. I space in three spaces and then begin typing. These extra spaces put a bit of distance between the typed words and the colored rectangle at the left (this is the colored rectangle that contains the number 1 through 8). I type my "Table of Contents" headings in bold type that is large. (For example, the headings can be anything from outlining the minutes of a meeting, to business contact names arranged by division, to recipes organized by category [ex: appetizers, soups, main meals, desserts]).

Before printing on the actual "Table of Contents" page, I print on a plain white piece of paper. (I use a laser printer.) I line the white printed paper behind the "Table of Contents" page to view how the text looks. If I am happy with the size of the text and placement, then I insert the "Table of Contents" page into the printer. (Note: If you are not sure how your printer grabs and feeds printed forms, you may want to mark one side of a white sheet of paper with an "X" to indicate the printed side of the form ... and feed it through the printer to make sure what you are printing appears on the correct side of the paper.)

These dividers and "Table of Contents" page are all 3-hole punched. I have also used a comb-binding machine to punch through these pages as well as my other material ... and have bound the pages using plastic binding combs. Even though the dividers are 3-hole punched, the comb-binding machine punches work well. (Note, though, that the e-hole punches are still visible ... so it's not a completely clean punched appearance.) Using the binding machine, the index tabs extend beyond the 8 ½" x 11" paper and clear plastic front and back covers.

Purchasing

Staples.com sells a set of these dividers for $2.99 each.

Summary

I am very pleased with the results these Avery Ready Index "Table of Contents" Dividers provide. They are incredibly easy to use and provide a great look for my presentations ... whether for business or just putting together a cookbook. The tabs are colorful, too, for easy reference!

I hope you found this review useful.

Enjoy the day,
Dawn

Please read my other reviews:

Avery Worksaver Big Tabs

Swingline Electric 3-Hole Paper Punch

Copyright 2008 Dawn L. Stewart

12 Avery Ready Index Contemporary Table Of Contents Divider Sets, 1-31, Multi

12 Avery Ready Index Contemporary Table Of Contents Divider Sets, 1-31, Multi

12 Avery Ready Index Contemporary Table of Contents Divider Sets, 1-31, Multi Product Description: Print or photocopy titles framed with bright colors...

Avery Ready Index Contemporary Table of Contents Divider 11129, 31-Tab Set

Avery Ready Index Contemporary Table of Contents Divider 11129, 31-Tab Set

The fastest way to organize with impact. The coordinated system of a reinforced Table of Contents page and matching preprinted tab dividers makes refe...

Avery Ready Index Contemporary Table of Contents Dividers, 6 Sets in Multi AVE1-Contemporary Tab Style: 10

Avery AVE1-Contemporary Print or photocopy titles framed with bright colors matched to preprinted tabs. Now three ways stronger to last longer. Strong...
Wayfair Supply

Avery Ready Index Contemporary Table of Contents Divider 11131, 1-5, Multi, Letter

Save Big Avery Ready Index Contents Divider 1-12 Multicolor Letter 6 Sets 11196

Save Big Avery Ready Index Contents Divider 1-12 Multicolor Letter 6 Sets 11196

Avery Ready Index Contemporary Contents Divider 1-12 Multicolor Letter Six Sets Brand New package of 12 Tab Multicolor Dividers-6 Sets in each package...

1x Avery Ready Index Table Of Contents Contemporary (multicolor) 15-tab Ri21315

1x Avery Ready Index Table Of Contents Contemporary (multicolor) 15-tab Ri21315

See ALL Photos for item condition and details.NEW:Visit My Ebay Store for other Great Deals!Shipping and Payment Information P ayment due within 7 day...

Avery Ready Index Contemporary Table of Contents Dividers, 6 Sets in Multi AVE1-Contemporary Tab Style: 5

Wayfair Supply

Avery Ready Index Contemporary Table of Contents Divider 11141, 1-12, Multi, Letter, 2 Pack

Print or photocopy titles framed with bright colors matched to preprinted tabs. Now three ways stronger to last longer. Stronger heavier weight paper,...

Avery 11131 Ready Table Of Contents Index Dividers

Avery 11131 Ready Table Of Contents Index Dividers

firstchoiceoffice Store 60-Ready Index Contemporary Table of Contents Divider, 1-5, Multi, Letter 60 - 5 tab sets Contains: 60-5tab sets Print or phot...