Avon : Anew Clinical 2 Step Facial Peel Reviews

Avon : Anew Clinical 2 Step Facial Peel

Peel The Years Off Your Face In Weeks!

Nov 29, 2004

Pros:It really works, and brown spots fade with regular use in my experience.

Cons:Tingling, burning feeling when first using.

The Bottom Line: Try this product and you will probably like it, I haven't tried other peels but I like this one.

I am the kind of woman that has never messed with facial creams or sunscreens. I am paying for it now with brown spots, uneven complexion and of course lines in my face. I have been reading about the new facial chemical peels that are available on the market now by many manufacturers. I had a friend that sells Avon and I was looking at the book and decided to order the Anew Clinical 2 Step Facial Peel.

When I received the box, it looked very nice, with one end white and the other end gray. The box contained two jars a gray jar and a white jar. Each jar has thirty pads to give you about a two-month supply if used every other day.

Pros

10% Glycolic acid
I don't have to go to a doctor or shop for the treatment.
I don't need to use it every day.
One box lasts me two months.
The product leaves the lines in my face less noticeable.
It is taking away the age spot on my face.
It is easy to use.
The directions are clear on how to use the product.
Non Comedogenic
Dermatologist tested according to the literature on the product.

Cons

The way the pads are layered in the jars is confusing and takes a while to sink into my brain. The step one pads are smooth size up and you have to turn the pad over to use the textured side, the step two pads are textured side up and you have to turn the pad to use the smooth side, just seems backwards to me.
Slight burning sensation when I use the first step of the peel.
Price is expensive for some people.

Okay How Do I Use This Stuff?

As the name of the product Anew Clinical 2 Step Facial Peel states this is a two-step process.

First Step

Make sure your face is clean and dry.

The white jar is labeled step one and is the pad that contains the glycolic acid. The pads in this jar are white with a textured and a soft side. Using the textured side, you smooth it over your skin but avoid the eye area. You leave it on and then wait five minutes.

Second Step

The gray jar is labeled step two and has the neutralizer in the pad. This pad too, has two sides a textured side and a smooth side. The smooth side is the correct side to use in step two. Just smooth it all over your face and throw away the pad after use.

What is in Anew Clinical 2 Step Facial Peel. Taken straight from the box.

Step One.

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Glycolate, Butylenes Glycol, Dimethicone Copolyol, Glycerin, Honey, Ananas Sativus{Pineapple}, Fruit Extract, Papaya {Carica Papaya}Extract, Algae Extract, Methylparaben.

Step Two.

Water, SD Alcohol 40B, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Copolyol, Urea, Glucosamine HCL, Algae Extract, Yeast Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus, {Cucumber Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita {Matiecaria}Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Hydrolyzed Ulva Lactuca Extract, BiosaccharideGum-1,Lentinus Edodes Extract, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonic Acid, Methylparaben, Disodium Edta, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Isoterate.

Wow, that is a mouth full.

Well How Doe's The Stuff Work?

I used this every day for about three days and then started using it every other day. I would have a stinging, burning sensation when I used the first step. When I used the second step, it was soothing and my face felt great after I was finished.

I couldn't tell any difference in the way my face looked in the first week of use, but then I very seldom pay attention to the way my face looks except to wash it and look briefly when applying makeup. My face felt firmer after using the peel but I could't look at it and say wow!

I noticed in the second week of use that the brown spot on my face had lessened and that my face looked more even and my cheeks were not as red as they usually are. The more I use the peel the better my skin looks.

I like the pads and have decided to use them regularly. The spot is slowly but surely getting lighter and seems to be going away. My face feels and looks great for a change, {you know it took me to middle age to realize what I was doing to myself}.

The Anew Clinical 2 Step Facial Peel cost me 32.00. I have tried other Anew products but did not like them. I usually follow the peel with a moisturizer after my face has dried completely.

The web site is http://www.avon.com

Thanks for reading.