Avon Healthy Remedies Green Tea Extract

Avon Green Tea Extract - Did it do what it claims?

Dec 17, 2007

Pros:Easy to use, store and states it could help with vitality and energy.

Cons:Does not taste very good in drinks.

The Bottom Line: I am glad that I tried this product, but I will stick with green teas that have the ECGC properties included.

Green tea has been all the recent rage about healthy properties this tea has. There are antioxidants and it helps your metabolism, etc. I am sure we have all heard about some of the helpful benefits.

I came across this one day looking at a Avon catalogue at work and I thought it would be an excellent idea. Green tea extract that I can have at work and add a dropper full to a drink, whether it was water, possibly juice, whatever.

And, this would give me some of the benefits of the ECGC (epigallocatechin gallate) which is purported to be a powerful anti-oxidant. They say it can hinder the cancer cell growth or kill cancer cells without harming good tissue and help lower the LDL cholesterol levels, in addition to many other things.

The Product and The Ingredients

This is a small bottle, only 2 fluid ounces, but you do not have to use very much. You are supposed to only put in dropper filled to the line which is supposed to be 1.0 ml of the extract.

They suggest that you use this twice a day to get the daily amount suggested to get the benefit of the green tea extract per day needed to reap any benefits that green tea might provide. One dropper contains 187.5 mg of OxyPhyte ™ green tea extract (carmellia sinesis).
Besides the OxyPhyte ™ green tea extract, there is the following ingredients included in this product:

Glycerin water, artificial flavor, sucralose and sodium benzoate.

My Experience

As with any supplement, it is suggested that you consult your physician before taking the product if you have a medical condition or if you are on any medication. Pregnant or nursing women should not take this.

Storage is great, just keep this in a dry place at room temperature, out of the light. I just kept the box that this bottle came in, and I store it in my desk drawer. They state, if taken twice daily, this should last you 30 days, as there are 60 servings per container.

I don’t use it daily, but I will use it frequently during the week. I normally just add this to plain water. It does change the water color to a light golden tea color. They state to mix this in glass with 8 ounces of fluid (hot or cold). I actually use my water glass at work, with ice in it, and the glass holds 22 ounces all told.

I find the flavor is, at best, a bit bitter. It’s tea extract. Tea sometimes needs to be sweetened, and this extract might be a great candidate for sweetening. When I drink it, I actually chew my Extra Peppermint gum (sugar free). It helps make it more palatable.

It does not smell terrible, but it’s strong and it does make you wrinkle your nose somewhat. Possibly mixing it with a strong juice like orange juice or maybe grape juice might hide the flavor somewhat.

Using the product, you really won’t notice a chance in your body, at least from what I have seen. You might notice changes in the LDL cholesterol if you tested for that or possibly notice your metabolism processing more quickly.

The only items listed on the Avon Healthy Remedies Green Tea box that you will see is that green tea helps promote energy and vitality. (These items have not been verified or evaluated by the F.D.A. Food and Drug Administration.

Overall Impressions

This is an easy supplement to work with and use. The flavor is lacking, as it is almost bitter to my taste, but chewing gum when using this product in water helps make it easier to take.

Taking it twice a day isn’t hard, as I use this in trying to keep myself hydrated and I try to drink 2 – 3 glasses of water daily (at work). I haven’t found anything noticeably different when using the product. I cannot say my energy level increased, nor can I say that my metabolism sped up. Supplements are like that. They might or might not work and they might or might not do anything for you or your body.

The product wasn’t badly priced at $14.99 per bottle. So, it was not a costly experiment. But, I believe I will switch back to the teas that I enjoy drinking that state they have EGCG included in their green tea products. They definitely taste a lot better!

~Thanks for spending time with me today!~

Avon Healthy Remedies Green Tea & Wood Vinegar Revitalizing Patches (6)

Avon Healthy Remedies Green Tea & Wood Vinegar Revitalizing Patches (6)

AVON HEALTHY REMEDIES DETOX PATCHES SET OF SIX (6) PATCHES CONTAINS GREEN TEA POWDER POWDERED WOOD VINEGAR KNOWN FOR A NATURAL DETOXIFICATION EASY TO ...
Avon Healthy Remedies Green Tea & Wood Vinegar Revitalizing Patches 2 Pkg Lot

Avon Healthy Remedies Green Tea & Wood Vinegar Revitalizing Patches 2 Pkg Lot

ASTONISHING CHEF AVON HEALTHY REMEDIES GREEN TEA WOOD VINEGAR REVITALIZING PATCHES Easy-to-apply Revitalizing patches, created with green tea and wood...

Avon Healthy Remedies Green Tea & Grapeseed Extract Detoxifying Body Scrub

Avon Healthy Remedies Green Tea & Grapeseed Extract Detoxifying Body Scrub

sweety0733 Store AVON New!Healthy Remedies Green Tea Grapeseed Extract Detoxifying Body Scrub 6.76 fl oz Helps draw out impurities from skin.DL0710 I ...

Avon Healthy Remedies Total Body Cooling Spray

Avon Healthy Remedies Total Body Cooling Spray

AVON Healthy Remedies Total Body Cooling Spray Description AVON Healthy Remedies Total Body Cooling Spray New In Package 2 36 ml 8 fl oz Although this...

Avon Healthy Remedies Soothing Relief Body Wash

Avon Healthy Remedies Soothing Relief Body Wash

aintshesweet Store Avon Healthy Remedies Soothing Relief Body Wash Avon Wellness Healthy Remedies Soothing Relief Body Wash AVON Wellness Healthy Reme...

Avon Healthy Remedies Soothing Relief Body Wash With Soothing Aloe

Avon Healthy Remedies Soothing Relief Body Wash With Soothing Aloe

sweety0733 Store AVON New!Healthy Remedies Soothing Relief Body Wash with Soothing Aloe Mild Gentle 8 fl oz Formulated without dyes and fragrances.DL0...

Avon Healthy Remedies Detox Time Mask And Moisturizer & Sealed

Avon Healthy Remedies Detox Time Mask And Moisturizer & Sealed

Healthy Remedies Detox Time Mask Moisturizer ~ NIB Is your skin off balance and need a total detox? Well, this fun and easy at-home skin treatment is ...