Avon : Moisture Therapy Intensive Hand Cream

Avon Intensive Hand Cream

May 13, 2009 (Updated May 13, 2009)

Pros:Rich and thick and moisturizing

Cons:Don't care for the scent

The Bottom Line: A very good hand cream for extremely dry skin, works well for eczema

Several years ago I was an Avon Representative, and my best selling product was Avon's Moisture Therapy Intensive Hand Cream.  Who really turned me on to this product was my next door neighbor, who happened to be man in his 50's and has been in the construction field his entire adult life.

If anyones hands take a beating because of their job, he is a perfect candidate! He had been using Neutrogena, but then found Avon's Moisture Therapy Intensive Hand Cream was almost identical, worked just as well, and was a lot cheaper.  His wife used to buy these tubes of hand cream in large quantities, at least a half a dozen at a time.  It helped that Avon always had amazing sales on this product, you could find it for as low as $1.99, compared to the Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream, which retails for $4.50 (for half the amount!!)

Avon Moisture Therapy Hand Cream come, in a white 4.2 ounce tube, with blue lettering, and a blue screw off cap.  This is one of the few hand creams that does not have a pump top or a flip top cap.  This is a hand cream for extremely dry skin, and because it is so thick and rich, the hole you squeeze it out through is very small.

When I squeeze the hand cream out, it comes out in a thin ribbon, only about 1/16th to 1/8th of an inch wide.  The cream is not pure white, it has a slight translucent look to it.

Despite the thickness of the cream, it is surprising as to how easily it is absorbed into the skin, and that it does not leave a greasy or oily feeling behind. The cream has a sweet scent that I don't really care for, but it's not overpowering.  My husband uses Avon Moisture Intensive Hand Cream more than I do, and he doesn't mind the scent one bit.

I've said this in numerous reviews, but my husband has eczema, and duri ng our dry Alaskan winters it gets really bad and the itching keeps him awake at night.  Since we started buying and using Avon Moisture Therapy he has been much more comfortable.  He applies this to his legs, completely covering them, and he gets relief for several days.  He generally uses it once or twice in the winter, and then only on occasion in the summer, as his eczema is not nearly as bad.

The 4.2 ounce tube is actually a good size, it's 7 inches tall, so this tube normally lasts a long time.  Because my husband likes bottles with a pump style lid, we emptied about six tubes of this into an old Lubriderm bottle with the pump cap, and even though the Avon Moisture Therapy is much thicker than the Lubriderm, it still comes out of the bottle very easily.

Moisture Therapy isn't my favorite hand cream, mainly because of the scent - I really like great smelling lotions.  But it does indeed moisturize well, it makes my hands nice and soft, and it gives long lasting relief from dry sore hands.  I like that it absorbs fast and that it isn't greasy.

I have one of the tubes right here with me, and the back of the tube makes a lot of claims:

* Immediately helps heal extremely dry skin
* Retains a 75% increase in skin's moisture level for up to 8 hours
* Contains a unique moisturizing lipid complex
* Relieves dry skin on contact
* Offers continual moisturization, even through a washing
* Suitable for sensitive skin
* Hypoallergenic
* Hospital and Dermatologist

The directions say to apply liberally, as needed.

If you like Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream, you really should give Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Hand Cream a try.  I just took a peek at the ingredients in Neutrogena's formula, and the first three are:  Water, Glycerin, and Cetearyl Alcohol.  Avon's hand cream lists these same ingredients as their first three as well.

Avon sells this for the regular price of $3.99, but right now it is on sale - if you buy one at the regular price, you get one for 99 cents.  That makes it only $2.50 a tube, and it is sometimes even cheaper than that!!  Avon also makes this in a smaller, purse sized tube that contains 1.5 ounces, which sells for $1.99.

The full list of ingredients, for those who are label readers, are:

Water, glycerin, cetearyl alcohol, oryza sativa (rice) bran oil, orange roughy oil, imidazolidinyl urea, stearic acid, squalene, methylparaben, fragrance, lanolin alcohol, lecithin, BHT, soybean oil, soy lecithin, allantoin, phenoxyethanol, EDTA, isopropylparaben.

Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Hand Cream Lot Of 2 4.2fl. Oz Each

Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Hand Cream Lot Of 2 4.2fl. Oz Each

Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Healing Repair 125 ml 4.2 fl. oz. each Hand Cream for Extra Dry Skin FRAGRANCE FREE Boosts skin's moisture level by 75...

Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Hand Cream Original Formula

Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Hand Cream Original Formula

sweety0733 Store AVON New!Moisture Therapy Intensive Hand Cream for Extremely Dry Skin 1.5 fl oz Original formula DL0212 I have discontinued and curre...

Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Treatment Hand&body Lotion Extra Dry Skin -lot 5

Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Treatment Hand Body Lotion LOT OF 5 Intensive Treatment for Extra Dry Skin 1.5 fl oz tube each

Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Treatment Hand&body Lotion Extra Dry Skin-lot 10

Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Treatment Hand Body Lotion LOT OF 10 Intensive Treatment for Extra Dry Skin 1.5 fl oz tube each International Buyers O...

Qty Of 2 Avon Moisture Therapy Hand Cream-intensive Healing-4.2 Oz-new-free Ship

QTY OF 2 AVON MOISTURE THERAPY HAND CREAM-INTENSIVE HEALING REPAIR-4.2 oz EACH-NEW-FREE SHIPPING. My mother sold AVON for over 55 years and this was i...

Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Treatment Hand Lotion - Lot Of 3 - Full Size

Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Treatment Hand Lotion - Lot Of 3 - Full Size

AVON Moisture Therapy Intensive Therapy Hand Lotion – Lot of 3 Full Size 4.2 fl oz each ~ ~ ~ DESCRIPTION ~ ~ ~ ** moisturizes even through hand was...

Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Body Lotion, Extra Strength Cream, & Mini Hand

Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Body Lotion, Extra Strength Cream, & Mini Hand

A AVON MOISTURE THERAPY INTENSIVE LOTION SET Tall bottle is full contains 13.5 oz. Extra Strength in jar contains 5.3 oz. Hand cream mini contains 1.5...

Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Hand Cream 4.2oz

Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Hand Cream 4.2oz

SquareTrade AP6.0 Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Hand Cream You are bidding on the above mentioned Avon product. This comes from a stock of 40 carton...

Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Treatment Hand & Body Lotion 1.5 Oz

Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Treatment Hand & Body Lotion 1.5 Oz

bernstein2998 Store This item for sale is an AVON MOISTURE THERAPY INTENSIVE TREATMENT HAND BODY LOTION 1.5 oz It comes BRAND NEW! FREE SHIPPING Check...

Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Treatment Misc Hand Cream Lot Of 10