-41%
BIC America VCG11 RD: Atlantis ™ Retractable Ball Pen Reviews

BIC America VCG11 RD: Atlantis ™ Retractable Ball Pen

+$5.00 shipping Zoro
+$6.85 shipping OfficeSuperSavers

BIC® Hits Another Home Run!

Mar 26, 2011 (Updated Mar 26, 2011)

Pros:very smooth, even writing; doesn't skip; smooth retracting mechanism

Cons:Not a one!

The Bottom Line: I highly recommend this pen.  Wonderful writing, reliable, and nice red ink color.

When a woman where I work left her job, she left behind a few writing utensils of her own at her desk.  Now that I have her position, I've been using them.  One that I use everyday and really like is the BIC Atlantis red pen.

What it is
BIC has always been at the top of my list for basic pens.  I find them to be very reliable and inexpensive.  The BIC Atlantis red ball point pen is a simple design.  It has a clear barrel in which you can see the ink level.   The pen also has a pocket clip made of red plastic.  This piece feels really delicate to me, and I would think it would break pretty easily.

It also has a red comfort grip that isn't too big, but does provide enough cushion to make using it comfortable.  It is easy to hold, designed well, and would work with small or larger hands.  I find it to be quite comfortable to write with.

This pen is retractable, so with a simple click of the top it is in or out.  This aspect is a great design for this particular pen, I think.  It has the smoothest clicker I've ever seen on a pen.  It glides up and down so fluidly!  At first I didn't think it worked right because when I clicked it down, it didn't make much of a clicking sound like retractable pens usually do.  But then I realized that was part of the design, the super smooth retracting device.  Yes it is a minor detail, but I really like it!

Color
The red ink of the BIC Atlantis pen is perfect for my needs.  It produces a very fine and even red ink line that is without a doubt red, but not over the top.  The color makes it very professional where red ink is permitted.

Writing
This isn't a gel pen, it is just standard, plain old ink.  I like that it writes very smoothly and doesn't skip.  Ever.  It is a very reliable pen.  I use it every day when I work on CPT codes, and this allows me to write the codes on reports for the easiest visibility, but maintains professionalism.

Another thing I love about this pen is that I never have to scribble to get it started.  It always begins writing as soon as I do, with a crisp, clean line.

Overall Opinion

I would recommend this type of pen, the BIC Atlantis to anyone.  If I didn't have such an obscenely huge pen collection at home, I'd go out and buy a multi-pack of these!  But, for now, I will enjoy using the red BIC Atlantis pen at work.

Bic VCG11RD Atlantis Retractable Ballpoint Pens, Medium Point, 1.0 mm, Clear Barrel, Red Ink, 1 Dozen Retractable ballpoint pen with low friction writ...
OfficeSuperSavers
Atlantis(r) Pen, Retractable, Point Size 1.0 mm, Point Type Medium, Ink Color Red, Barrel Material Plastic, Barrel Color Red, Contoured Cushion Grip, ...
Zoro

PRODUCT DETAILS Exclusive ink technology offers up to 35% smoother ink system compared to traditional BIC ballpoint pen! Medium point, 1.0 mm Red Nick...