BISSELL 850B Woolite Rug Stick Reviews

BISSELL 850B Woolite Rug Stick

Sort of works...Cheaply made

Oct 1, 2010

Pros:Ease of use.  Can clean carpets without bending over.

Cons:Cleaning is only so-so.  More for lighter, spot cleaning, in my opinion.

The Bottom Line: It works for me.  But I don't need to scrub my carpets that often and they aren't very dirty.

I live in an apartment which is mostly carpeted.  I bought this woolite rug stick to mainly clean the carpet in the entrance way and/or occasional spots from a spill, the dog, etc.

The actual "broom" type handle for this rug stick came in this little package, along with a sample size of Woolite carpet cleaner.

When I opened up the package, I realized this item is really cheaply made.  There are several narrow plastic tubes which join together, end to end, to form the handle of the rug stick.  And, believe me, it looks like a stick.  The can of Woolite attaches to the bottom of the stick, neare the "mop" end of the rug stick.  The bottom end consists of plastic and a sort-of brush and a switch.  When the switch is "off", no Woolite is dispersed and the brush can be used to just brush the carpet.  When the switch is "on", the Woolite is drawn everytime the rug stick is dragged backwards along the carpet.  It takes several movements before you begin to see foam at the bottom of the rug stick, which is the Woolite exiting the pores around the brush.
After you apply some Woolite to the carpet area, then you can brush it in to help remove soil, stains and so on.

DOES IT WORK?
Eh... kind a.   The rug stick is very flimsy, in my opinion, which is a problem.  Carpets need to be scrubbed pretty hard to remove soil and stains.  You cannot really scrub hard with this rug stick.  The rug stick could almost be called the rug twig.  It may snap if too much pressure is applied.

The Woolite itself works, sort of.  I'm not really sure if I like it all that much, but I already have it, so I use it.  On heavier soiled areas, I applied a lot of Woolite foam and brushed it in a little and let it set overnight.  The following day I would vacuum the area well.  The results were a little better.

Personally, I think I can get better results with any number of over-the-counter carpet cleaners for either home or auto use.  I would just use a brush and get on my hands and knees and apply good ole elbow grease.  Then use a damp cloth to finish the job.

But, the Woolite Rug Stick offers me an option of not killing myself cleaning, with some good results.

I use my head and refrain from beating on this rug stick, so it has lasted me almost a year already.  Since I'm not a very messy person, this system works for me for the most part.  If you have heavily trafficked areas, kids, pets and your carpets require more frequent and diligent cleanings, then the Rug Stick may not be for you.

Woolite Rug Stick Carpet & Rug Cleaner Shampoo Heavy Traffic Cleaner & Brush $21

This is a Woolite Rug Stick carpet and rug cleaner Comes with a rug stick with brush and a can of heavy traffic cleaner Spray, scrub vacuum for a quic...

Lot Of 2 Woolite Rug Stick Carpet & Rug Cleaner Shampoo Heavy Traffic Brush

Lot Of 2 Woolite Rug Stick Carpet & Rug Cleaner Shampoo Heavy Traffic Brush

2 boxes Lot of 2 Woolite Rug Stick Carpet Rug Cleaner Shampoo Heavy Traffic Brush Free shipping!!New in box. Posted with eBay Mobile

Bissell Homecare International 0805 Woolite 22-oz. Oxy Deep Stain Deep Carpet Cleaner

Woolite Oxy Deep Stain, 22 OZ, Deep Carpet Cleaner, Trigger Application.

Woolite Oxy Deep Stain, 22 OZ, Deep Carpet Cleaner, Trigger Application.
Woolite Fresh Scent At-Home Dry Cleaner Clothes, 6 sheets

Woolite Fresh Scent At-Home Dry Cleaner Clothes, 6 sheets

Woolite Fresh Scent At-Home Dry Cleaner Cloths are a helpful pick-me-up to clean and refresh your clothes, without heading to the dry cleaners. Clothe...

Woolite 0.25 oz. Fabric Wash Packet - 500 / Case

Woolite 0.25 oz. Fabric Wash Packet - 500 / Case

Give your patrons just enough detergent to wash their most important garments with the Woolite 0.25 oz. fabric wash packet! These packets are portione...
The WEBstaurant Store
Woolite High Efficiency Extra Dark Dual Formula 100 oz

Woolite High Efficiency Extra Dark Dual Formula 100 oz

Find laundry cleaning products at Target.com! Keep your dark and black clothing from fading with this laundry detergent by woolite. This liquid is fre...

Bissell 2102-B Sweep Up Multicolor - 2102-B

Bissell 2102-B Sweep Up Multicolor - 2102-B

Shop for Brooms, Mops, and Parts from Hayneedle.com! About BissellMelville Bissell patented the BISSELL carpet sweeper in 1876, the company's first me...
Hayneedle

Woolite Dry Cleaners Secret At Home Dry Cleaning Clothes

Woolite Dry Cleaners Secret At Home Dry Cleaning Clothes

Woolite Dry Cleaners Secret At Home Dry Cleaning Clothes 6 Cloth Box Woolite Fresh Scent At-Home Dry Cleaner Clothes are the perfect pick-me-up to cle...